X-box?

This forum is for the posting of fan polls and other surveys.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Do you like the Xbox?

Its great!
19%
I hate it.
42%
I've never played it.
28%
No comment.
11%

Total votes: 36

Pidgeot
Defense Minister Status

#26 Post by Pidgeot » Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:51 pm

Angelus3K wrote:Plus PS2 also has a harddrive
Yes, but it's not built-in like in the XBox. ;)

Speaking of Nintendo, I've just recieved word that the Danish launch price for the Nintendo DS should be 1700 DKK at the most, but likely 14-1500 DKK. (Heard it in my local EB Games, so the price is not confirmed). In Japan, it costs about 800 DKK - that's HALF the price of here.

It's days like this I'm extremely happy that good import stores exist.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#27 Post by Angelus3K » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:09 pm

Pidgeot wrote:
Angelus3K wrote:Plus PS2 also has a harddrive
Yes, but it's not built-in like in the XBox. ;)
I didnt say it was did I?  ;)

Pidgeot
Defense Minister Status

#28 Post by Pidgeot » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:36 pm

No, but it being built-in was one of the selling points fo XBox - because it already had plenty of storage space, you wouldn't need to fiddle with memory cards. The PS2 HDD must be bought seperately, and makes it less worthwhile to get a PS2 for that purpose.

Besides, I have a feeling that's emulation and the like is pretty much the ONLY use of the PS2 harddrive - AFAIK, only FFXI supports it, and that one didn't have much success.

SmoKey
Royal Servant Status

#29 Post by SmoKey » Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:10 am

First, did I say I play games for the vulgarity or the violence? Nope. Sure didn't. I said I liked SA for the vulgarities. I found it amusing because I was growing up in that era when everyone thought they were a "gangsta".

I don't like cutesy games. I like all kinds, but some of these games and characters have been rehashed and redone in so many ways thats its become BORING to me. Even Kingdom Hearts at times becomes a little to cute for my tastes. Main reason I didn't like FF9.

Anyways, no need to get all crazy. I own an Xbox and PS2, and play the GC all the time with my buds. As for the graphics, right it doesn't make the game. But the Xbox does have better graphics. I have yet to see a game on GC with the detail that CoR and Halo 2 have.

PS-I didn't even say anything remotely saying that I like violent games in this thread. I made a comparison to the people in MY town. Not the world or to myself.

Ghost_Rider
Knight Status

#30 Post by Ghost_Rider » Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:29 am

I have PS2, got it before X-Box came out, so was never interested in X-Box.  I see them as being fairly equal, except that I know X-Box does not recommend leaving it on?  I know someone who left it powered on, forgot, went on vacation, and found it melted when they returned.  Lucky it didn't burn the house down.  

I guess one big difference is the games.. but X-Box seems to get many of the same games that were at some point exclusive to PS2.  For example the Grand Theft Auto games come out first on PS2, and eventually X-Box gets them, then PC.  I know Halo (and now Halo2) are very popular, never played but they do look very good.

I dunno... I stick to my PCs most of the time, and I still like my N-64.  Then again, I still like the Amiga 2000   :p

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#31 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:29 am

a lot of people call me a fan boy because I have all the Nintendo systems and I'm like wtf? I have a Playstation, Dreamcast, Game gear and a Genessis so it's not like I only play Nintendo products. That's what a fanboy is. Someone who thinks that one system dominates and cannot possibly think a game on say playstation is better then something on say a nintendo. You will come across a breed of what is known as the terrifying Final Fantasy 7 fanboys these guys are the same. They think that no game that has come out in the past 8 years even comes close to that game. You know what? We don't care. Go ahead and replay the same story a thousand times just don't tell us about it. and when I'm on a thread for a MGS game don't come in and say "This game looks like it may be decent but it won't come close to FFVII" You know what? they aren't even comparable so screw off and go kill Jenova for the ten thousandth time! anyways that is my rant on fanboys and why I hate them so much. to be honest I wish Sega still made systems.
They were always so far ahead of their time lets recap shall we?

1) Game Gear: now here's a neat little thing I can't remember the time it was released but it was before the gameboy color. Now this product was outsold and obselete before the original gameboy. What? This thing was equal to a gameboy SP and the same thing is being done again. The DS is like the gameboy in comparison to the PSP and he game gear and PSP both have that same one flaw. To many batteries not enough life. so? plug em into the wall and play away.

2) Genesis: This thing was just as good as the Super nintendo and they were released at the same time. I don't know what happened here as far as sales go becuase I was like 4 so could someone please fill me in there?

3) Saturn: I'll admit this one was a bit of a downer but still. My brothers and I all wanted to come to a concensus about which system we would all be happyiest with We went to block buster one weekend and rented a Saturn, an N64, and a Playstation. We put up the Saturn and played Panzer Dragoon. Fun game a lil complex for me and the graphics seemed awesome at the time. My vote was here, We put in the playstation with Crash bandicoot. I really hated it and even now 8 years later I dislike the controllers.  my brothers liked it and were eager to see if anything could beat it. N64 comes along with mario and we were all just blown away. we put all the rest of the systems back in the box and played the game for a solid week. After we brought everything back we bough an N64 even though I preferred Saturn. Lucky no one listens to me though cause they were hard to come by and so were the games.

4) Dreamcast: first off *hugs DC* ok i'm ready. Here is a system way before its time. Released before the PS2 and almost as good as it. infact I still prefer it. one cool thing about it was that it had internet access that came with it and it was free. You could actually browse the web and it had its own chat server. You could even by a  keyboard for this purpose. It had graphics on par with Playstation 2 and it had its own line up of exclusive games (Crazy Taxy, Silent Scope, etc) Actually if you go to any pladium or arcade you will see that over half of the machines are dreamcast. I know that at mine there was the exception of a crane game and that was it. The system ran on a special form of windows and was the easiest system to pirate. not a lot of people did it but it was still easy to do. I myself have almost 250 games for it 200 of which were burned. You may notice that I own a playstation and that is because it is also easy to pirate. Also I bought it because it was cheap (almost brand new played twice. Price was 100 dollars but slashed to 20 because the owner was trying to get on my mothers good side. 2 words "Failed Course")

What do you guys think? I still wish Sega made systems because the Saturn is the only one I don't have. then again I have all the Nintendo ones. Oh one last point about sega was that almost all of their games were made by them and hardly any 2nd or 3rd party games. like you see on PS2 or anything now a days.

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

#32 Post by Music Head » Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:20 am

yes they can the've got emulators to

Boogeyman
Knight Status

#33 Post by Boogeyman » Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:55 pm

Exactly.

PotatoSlayer
Knight Status

#34 Post by PotatoSlayer » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:38 am

i personally prefer the x-box.  It's pretty much got the best graphics, and most games worth playing nowadays, exempting the final fantasy series,  is either only on x-box or on all 3 consols.  The only downside i can really find is that is ways a ton in camparison so it's kinda a jerk to lug around.

Boogeyman
Knight Status

#35 Post by Boogeyman » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:29 am

How DARE you say that!

Spirits of Mist and Creatures of Bog,
Change now PotatoSlayer to the shape of a Frog!

We ALL know that GameCube has the best graphics and games.

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

#36 Post by Music Head » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:01 am

Hey guys i really don't think the console is the key factor in the graphics. They can all display a true image it's the games that are the let downs

Jafar
Super Star

#37 Post by Jafar » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:28 pm

Well, everyone knows that PS2 has weaker graphics then the other two.

PotatoSlayer
Knight Status

#38 Post by PotatoSlayer » Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:40 am

i don't know i just can't take the gamecube seriously it seems so....childish

Jafar
Super Star

#39 Post by Jafar » Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:43 am

Whatever floats your boat. :rolleyes

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#40 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:57 am

I try to ignore potato slayer as much as I can and those posts just prove that I should try harder. when I made my earlier post I was referring to burning games to play on the system. as you can see it might be awhile before we can get good GC emulators and it was like 7 years after Snes. N64 never had reliable ones and the good roms are hard to find. also the newer systems like the DS and PSP are going to be oh so hard to emulate. I still dislike Xbox because they run inside out DVDs like wth is that? I wouldn't bother to burn that crap if I could. Also I hate all the people on msg boards whining about how they get GTAs so much later and how they only got one metal gear. well if you wanted these particular titles why didn't you not buy a 40 pound pice of crap that doesn't even fit in your back back without causing a hernia. although maybe if they took a page outta sony's book and made a slim version...

PotatoSlayer
Knight Status

#41 Post by PotatoSlayer » Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:57 am

CENSORED

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#42 Post by navynuke04 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:02 am

I didn't think it was funny the first time. Please stop with the trolling and flaming.

PotatoSlayer
Knight Status

#43 Post by PotatoSlayer » Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:21 am

dang silenced by the man...!@#$!@%@#$%

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#44 Post by Angelus3K » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:38 pm

Pidgeot wrote:Besides, I have a feeling that's emulation and the like is pretty much the ONLY use of the PS2 harddrive - AFAIK, only FFXI supports it, and that one didn't have much success.
You've probably seen me mention this several times but also like the Xbox HD the PS2 HD can also be modded to play installed PS2 games from the HD decreasing loading times (which fixes stuff like pop-ins etc) and it has the convience of booting many games from one disk that you can just keep inside the console (which boots the HD software fromt the memory card.)

I read that Halo 2 has some severe texture pop in problems especially during cut scenes. I bet that would be fixed when running it from the HD!

Kloreep
Knight Status

#45 Post by Kloreep » Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:57 am

I've played Halo 2 on others' X-Boxs a few times. It and the X-Box are okay, though I didn't spend nearly enough time playing it to get the real hang of the controller.

My thoughts on the X-Box and consoles in general: Why should I buy an expensive gaming computer when I already have a nice multipurpose one right here?

Jawbone
Peasant Status

#46 Post by Jawbone » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:58 am

I clicked I hated X-Box, but if I had the choice I'd click "Don't need one." Normally I get just about every new system out, but X-Box doesn't really have any games I want. If it does, I can get it for another system. All it has for me is Ninja Gaiden, and that's it. Yeah, the controllers are bad, but there are smaller controllers are for sale, and I'll admit that the D-pad on it is the best of the three controller.

If I hate anything about any console out there, are the people who are extreme fanboys, or when the people who feel threaten from other people's opinions call others fanboys.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#47 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:47 am

who comments on a nice D pad? they're all the same to me but that's just my opinion. I kust dislike X box because they don't offer much to me in general compared to what I'm getting from my other new systems (GC, PS2, and DS)

Khaveen
Defense Minister Status

#48 Post by Khaveen » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:03 am

I dislike consoles in general, but Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and Metal Gear Solid 3 are about to change my opinion. Anyway, since Xbox is a Microsoft products and since these two games are originally for PS2, I'm aginst it.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#49 Post by Angelus3K » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:54 am

Khaveen wrote:I dislike consoles in general, but Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and Metal Gear Solid 3 are about to change my opinion. Anyway, since Xbox is a Microsoft products and since these two games are originally for PS2, I'm aginst it.
Welcome to the family Khaveen  :lol

New England Patriots
Royal Servant Status

#50 Post by New England Patriots » Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:41 pm

I feel the same way about x-box as paratroopa.
I mean yea there are no mario games but heck, what about football games.There are barely any.  I'm not saying they are bad but all xbox has is war stuff like splinter cell and stuff. :rolleyes