Plot Questions Spoilers!!!

This forum is for discussion about KQII:RTS. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Trevbo
Peasant Status

Plot Questions Spoilers!!!

#1 Post by Trevbo » Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:35 am

Kay I have a question. Was the Monk A vampire or werewolf or both. What was the purpose of that ritual they did. And if he was not a vampire how did he get a vampire to bite the Count.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#2 Post by MusicallyInspired » Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:15 am

The monk was a werewolf not a vampire. They did the ritual because they were obsessed with the power that the spirits of the woods had given them. Maybe they were worshipping them or something while they transformed. The bat that bit him wasn't a vampire. It was just a bat whose bite turns people into vampires.

Hope that clears things up.

Trevbo
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Trevbo » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:33 pm

Since when Can just a bat turn someone into a vampire. Doesn't a vampire have to turn someone into a vampire???

adeyke

#4 Post by adeyke » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:47 pm

Vampires are fictional beings, and the different interpretations are all quite contradictory.  Any author can decide what his own interpretation of vampires should be.

It wasn't just an ordinary bat, there, either.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#5 Post by Angelus3K » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:28 pm

It was probably a Vampire Bat  :(

Sedna
Peasant Status

#6 Post by Sedna » Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:07 am

There was no other vampire around before Caldaur was bitten. So it had to be a bat ;) (logical, isn't it?)

I think vampires and werewolves can't stand each other and fight against each other. (There was something like this in the film Van Helsing as well, if you know it ...) That's why the monks hated the vampires. And of course there is that state vs church conflict mentioned in the one book in the library ... In the game, the state wins.
Really interesting, considering that the story must take place several centuries ago ...

Gardenburger
Peasant Status

#7 Post by Gardenburger » Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:20 pm

Just a brilliant story on the contrary. I enjoyed the befriending of Caldaur the most. Things are not always what they seem. Great game.

hpl
Peasant Status

#8 Post by hpl » Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:52 am

I thought the part about the bat, presumably a transformed monk, turning him into a vampire was a bit.....wierd. Hypotheically, shouldn't he become one of them if he's bitten by them? Then again, we're not sure exactly what rules these monks are going under. I'm loathe to call them werewolves, because, as I understand it, werewolves can only be human or wolf or something inbetween. The monks could apparently assume any forest form.

Since the game is so good, I'm willing to look past it.