Really, really great

This forum is for discussion about KQII:RTS. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Sedna
Peasant Status

Really, really great

#1 Post by Sedna » Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:41 am

At first I have to thank you for doing a wonderful job at KQ2: Romancing the stones. I accidentally came across it three weeks ago and after the KQ1 remake was really short and a bit boring (though surely much better than the original, of course), I was surprised how well structured and interesting the second part became.

I finished it today morning at about 0:45 am my time. It has given me quite some fascinating nights (last and current weekend) and will surely be my new favourite KQ game :)

And ... I LOVE The Father's voice  :evil

Anyway, I encountered two errors, don't know whether there's a problem with the game or with my computer.
1. Twice I went from that one beach screen to the north and the game just shut down
2. Once when being stuck and the bridge and clicking through the talk with the dwarf (because it was my second attempt) the program shut down as well ...

But in general it is a wonderful game and I'm already looking forward to the Quest for Glory remake (though I never played any QFG ... ) :)

Edit: One question: How long did it take to create the game?

Gardenburger
Peasant Status

#2 Post by Gardenburger » Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:41 pm

Would like to contrast the same feeling. I had a great run-in with King's Quest these past two weeks after my mother decided to move and wondered what she wanted to do with these old floppy disks of some sort. However, far from where my mom resides, I figured they'd be useless anyways where I'm established at this present time, and furthermore uncompatible with the unit I have now. This made me ever so curious and anxious to find these series once again, and there it was. I would just like to extend my thanx to the recreators of a brilliant past time I enjoyed as a kid and brought back to life once more. Truly impressed. Thanx once again!! -Gardenburger

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#3 Post by navynuke04 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:07 pm

Keep those disks. They might be worth money. If you have the box and manual, they're worth a lot more.

Gardenburger
Peasant Status

#4 Post by Gardenburger » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:01 am

Oh for sure' Those Disks are still in good condition, with manuals intact! Im pretty sure they are in great working order if you could find a PC thats suitable. However I wouldn't want to use them anymore, its probably best to preserve em.

BTW, you wouldn't know how much they're going for, would ya? I believe I have KQ-1-2-3-4 & SQ(RogerWilco)1-2, and Im pretty sure first editions. I need to retrieve them someday and find out for sure. Haha look what you guys started'

carpe_diem80
Peasant Status

#5 Post by carpe_diem80 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:46 pm

Hi there! First of all I must say that this remake is really gorgeous! I really enjoy playing these old classics (I became addictive to pc games when my dad brought home his first pc from his office when I was about six years old) and I'm glad that AGD ameliorates them to bring them in accordance to the present. I'm already keen on QfG 2 VGA!