QFG2VGA Alleys

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

arganite
Royal Servant Status

#51 Post by arganite » Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:04 am

oh that thing when i downloaded the game it came with a text file with all that kinda stuff

ChaosBurnFlame
Royal Servant Status

#52 Post by ChaosBurnFlame » Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:38 pm

Blackthorne519 wrote:Yeah, sure the maze-like alleyways were a form of copy protection, in a way.  You had to find the money changer by using the map that came in the box.

As for AGDI's changes to the alleyways, I don't know...... but something tells me that you won't encounter any major or random changes.   :D

Bt
Not really.  Ask anyone where the Money Changer was adn they give you very PRECISE instructions.  Even AliChila..

"Go north, then left, then right, etc etc"/

BesterP12
Peasant Status

#53 Post by BesterP12 » Tue May 03, 2005 3:07 am

Jafar wrote:Wow. Thats pretty good memory you have.
Maybe just selective.  I can still play games like Return to Zork and Star Trek:Judgment Rights even though I lost the manuals years ago. (For RTZ, the manual had answeres to two random questions you are asked.  For JR, the manual had a map.  If you don't go to the right place at the right time, you get attacked.)  However, I couldn't remember where I left the scotch tape when I was reinstalling the indoor FM antenna today.

profbear3x
Peasant Status

#54 Post by profbear3x » Wed May 04, 2005 6:12 am

The easy way to bypass the alley system (For the most part) is to go get the dervish beard in the desert right off the bat.  Sell it to Keapon Laffin, go back to the first plaza, and buy the map.

Thepal
Knight Status

#55 Post by Thepal » Wed May 04, 2005 7:17 am

profbear3x wrote:The easy way to bypass the alley system (For the most part) is to go get the dervish beard in the desert right off the bat.  Sell it to Keapon Laffin, go back to the first plaza, and buy the map.
I think the desert is meant to be a little harder to navigate then the alleys :p If you've played before and remember how to get to the oasis, then you should know how to get to Dinarzad too.

jpnuar1
Knight Status

#56 Post by jpnuar1 » Wed May 04, 2005 11:50 pm

Thepal wrote:
profbear3x wrote:The easy way to bypass the alley system (For the most part) is to go get the dervish beard in the desert right off the bat.  Sell it to Keapon Laffin, go back to the first plaza, and buy the map.
I think the desert is meant to be a little harder to navigate then the alleys :p If you've played before and remember how to get to the oasis, then you should know how to get to Dinarzad too.
Really? I always found the desert a load easier than the alleys. The desert is a large, open space, and all you have to do is count screens, and notice when you cross the line that switches north and south. The alleys, on the other hand, all looked exactly the same (the desert was slightly better in that regard, too), and it was impossible to tell which direction you were walking in if you lost track for a second.