The Avatar's QFGII Mentionables

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#26 Post by Klytos » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:55 am

Regarding money, only gold coins you collect in QFG1 are transferred over...not the silver coins. Since there's no renewable source of golds in QFG1 (unless you exploit a glitch in QFG1VGA), there's a limit of money you can transfer over. I personally think this is fair.
To get gold coins in qfg1 you need to sell the cheetaur claws to the healer and she gives you gold coins, the only place in the game which does. So there's no limit, except on the patience of the player in killing that many cheetaurs.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#27 Post by Erpy » Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:47 am

I could actually swear she paid 5 silvers per claw.

Mithter Thibbs
Peasant Status

#28 Post by Mithter Thibbs » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:43 am

The healer will pay 5 silver per claw, but if you're selling them she'll be kind enough to pay you in gold... aside from that last one if you've got an odd number of claws, of course, which she'll give you 5 silvers for.  It's just good business sense. :)

But, I was also one of those who was a little miffed at losing all of my carefully hoarded items from the first game... although I think Rocks transfer as well as the coin.  

The healing potion issue... I really can't see that being all that unbalancing, myself.  At most, I was only carrying around 20 of those things, simply because with my equipment and money and whatnot, it was just too heavy to carry any more than that.  More than that, though, money was soooo plentiful in QFG2 that having a couple dozen extra potions in my inventory, healing or otherwise, would be more in the way of a nice little bonus than anything unbalancing.  One single night fighting it up in the desert yielded enough money to buy a store of healing, vigor, poison cure, and stamina pills to last the entire game, so having a supply of non-renewable potions in my inventory just wouldn't have made much difference in that regard.  Those Jackalmen were absolutely rich in the original QFG2. :)

That said, I'm all right with however it turns out for this remake.  Sure, it might be nice having Schultz's candelabra along for the ride to Shapeir, even just for nostalgia's sake if not for actually being able to Fence the Pilfered Goods From An Exotic Land, but it's not that pressing an issue in my mind.  

I might even object to having them carry over, because that would mean that things have been changed from the original. :D

Kloreep
Knight Status

#29 Post by Kloreep » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:11 am

I always thought the loss of inventory when going from 1 to 2, and from 2 to 3 for that matter, was odd. 3 to 4 had plenty of explanation, of course, and you could always say Erasmus was a bit careless with 4 to 5...

It doesn't detract much, though, and it's not like having them would be a major help; you generally start both 2 and 3 with plenty of money.
Mithter Thibbs wrote:The healer will pay 5 silver per claw, but if you're selling them she'll be kind enough to pay you in gold... aside from that last one if you've got an odd number of claws, of course, which she'll give you 5 silvers for.  It's just good business sense. :)
I guess this is the way it is in the EGA version? Because I think she only takes them one at a time in VGA (leaving you with lots of heavy silvers :()

Phoenix Software
Royal Servant Status

#30 Post by Phoenix Software » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:24 am

Last edited by Phoenix Software on Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#31 Post by Erpy » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:56 pm

Helo all,

I don't see why QFG2VGA can carry all the items from QFG 1 and have at least a few bonus points, just 10 bonus points or something like that so the player could invest in a few feat like snaeking for example.

Regards,
-Robin
First of all, I don't think QFG1 even exports every item you carry, so you can't import something that isn't in the sav-file. Also, you DO get enough points for 1 additional skill if you import...although frankly I'm a purist myself and adding skills is also possible in QFG1 at the beginning.

Mithter Thibbs
Peasant Status

#32 Post by Mithter Thibbs » Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:45 pm

Kloreep wrote: I guess this is the way it is in the EGA version? Because I think she only takes them one at a time in VGA (leaving you with lots of heavy silvers :()
Knew I was forgetting something... :)  And yes, I was referring to the EGA version of the game.

If the good folks here are going all out with the conversion from old to new, though, maybe they could show a few random items being thrown from your pockets during the introductory movie, just after the USS Enterprise sends you spinning back to the ground. :)  A few potion-shaped pixels here, a music box -shaped blob there...

ChaosBurnFlame
Royal Servant Status

#33 Post by ChaosBurnFlame » Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:08 pm

What's the skill number cap start in QfG2?

I know the cap in the importing is 255 in QfG3.

5's cap is 400.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#34 Post by Erpy » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:36 pm

The official cap is 200, but two skills can be raised to a maximum of 250.

ChaosBurnFlame
Royal Servant Status

#35 Post by ChaosBurnFlame » Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:43 am

I meant what's the cap from importing from 1 to 2.

adeyke

#36 Post by adeyke » Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:31 am

I would expect (and hope) that the cap there be 100.

jpnuar1
Knight Status

Re: missing items

#37 Post by jpnuar1 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:50 am

The Avatar wrote:Oh!  you could change the intro to show the Hero randomly dropping items and pouring out potions all over the land as they fly! haha.. making potion rainbows in their wake. .  that would explain it for sure!

Or better yet, you unloaded all items you (the hero, not you the player) thought would be unuseful to you in the new location, while flying over a caravan!

Much similar to how one could dispose of rotten eggs, etc., by depositing them in the air above a crowded highway overpass. Then letting gravity free you of the excess burden.

Bombs away!