Question about the end credits of Kq 2 remake

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Renodox
Defense Minister Status

Question about the end credits of Kq 2 remake

#1 Post by Renodox » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:17 am

Now I hope that you don't think this should be in the Kq 2 section because it's more about a name that popped up in the credits: Mark Crowe.  Is that THE Mark Crowe, who worked on the Space Quest series?

Relight
Archival Expert

#2 Post by Relight » Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:07 am

Those are the tribute credits to the original KQ2. And yes, Mark Crowe (as well as many other well-known Sierra people) worked on more than just the games they are known for. For example, Al Lowe did programming for many other Sierra games besides being the designer of the Larry games.

Radiant
Knight Status

#3 Post by Radiant » Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:35 am

I believe the tale goes like this... Mark Crowe and Scott Murphy were working on KQ2. Then they suggested to Ken Williams, hey, let's make a game in space. But Ken said no, he didn't like the idea. So, some time late at night, Mark and Scott stayed in the Sierra building and hacked together the first couple of rooms for SQ (with some of its trademark humor and stuff). And showed it to Ken the next day, and he was impressed, and we all know what happened next :)

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#4 Post by Blackthorne519 » Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:35 pm

Radiant wrote:...And showed it to Ken the next day, and he was impressed, and we all know what happened next :)
Yeah, the classic game "Thexder" was born!

Bt

Amayirot Akago
Royal Servant Status

#5 Post by Amayirot Akago » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:26 am

Blackthorne519 wrote:
Radiant wrote:...And showed it to Ken the next day, and he was impressed, and we all know what happened next :)
Yeah, the classic game "Thexder" was born!

Bt
LOL. But seriously, Thexder was made by a Japanese company, Game Arts.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#6 Post by Blackthorne519 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:53 pm

Amayirot Akago wrote: LOL. But seriously, Thexder was made by a Japanese company, Game Arts.
Uh, yeah. I know....I just picked an obscure Sierra release to complete my joke.

I liked Thexder quite a bit.   That and Silpheed.

Bt

Relight
Archival Expert

#7 Post by Relight » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:05 pm

I loved Silpheed. Never owned it. Acquired the original box with all manuals and disks recently in pretty good condition. I was very happy.

Silpheed had sweet 3D wireframe graphics, great arcade gameplay, and a pretty cool soundtrack.