Question about Space Quest 6 (Spoiler)

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Renodox
Defense Minister Status

Question about Space Quest 6 (Spoiler)

#1 Post by Renodox » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:24 pm

I've played through Space Quest 6 time and time again and I keep thinking back on how I got stuck trying to figure out how to get past the guards to the Docks.  I finally had to go online to find out what to do.  Now the thing that I wonder is this: Did any of you ever find a clue about having to look up Vulgars and getting the "pinch?"  In all the times I've played that game I never found anything that indicated you had to do that.

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#2 Post by Alias » Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:47 pm

Space Quest 6 was one of sierra's worse games, the puzzles were impossible, but the graphics where nice. I finished it once, and the ending was not as rewarding enough for me to play it again.  :p

I never looked it up.

Pidgeot
Defense Minister Status

#3 Post by Pidgeot » Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:49 pm

SQ6's puzzles were not impossible. Only 2 had me stumped, and that was the ship's the confirmation code and the Vulcan nerve pinch.

I never did find a hint to the confirmation code. I'm guessing it was somewhere in the manual, but then Sierra must have forgotten that page in my copy (Sierra Originals version).

I think you were supposed to get the hint about the pinch from reading the lbrary thiny on the ComPost (after all, it's all about exploring!).

The rest weren't too hard. Sure, the datacorder puzzle took a little while to do, since I had to actually solve that logic problem in the manual, but it didn't take THAT long.

adeyke

#4 Post by adeyke » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:06 pm

I did just find out about the nerve pinch from the ComPost, but it's only because I read every single topic in it.  It's rather discouraging that there are so many food item numbers that don't actually do anything, though.

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#5 Post by Klytos » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:38 am

Thats typical Space Quest though. Having to read to entire manual to find out something useful.

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#6 Post by Alias » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:33 am

SQ6 was badly done (I think is) because Scott left half way theough, and thn Josh mandel stepped in and finished it. I think their ideas must of been different. SQ6 is okay to me just because Im a fan of the series, but SQ6 is by far the worst. SQ5 was pretty good, if only they released a CD version like they said they would.  :(