Which Flame Warrior(s) are you?

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Charlemagne
Canadian Pundit

Which Flame Warrior(s) are you?

#1 Post by Charlemagne » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:56 am

Ever since Erpy posted an offhand link to Mike Reed's Flame Warriors page last year, I've derived an immense amount of amusement from classifying the members of this forum according to his Flame Warrior archetypes. But now it's your turn. Which Flame Warrior, or combination of Flame Warriors are you? Sure, some archetypes may be uncomplimentary, but how else is self-improvement achieved than by carefully considering your personality?

As the proverbial sacrificial lamb, I'm quite happy to give my own self-assessment first. I'd say that I'm a Philosopher with Eagle Scout and Propeller Head tendencies. While I certainly make "ponderous and lengthy cogitations" (and quite enjoy doing so, I might add), I always cite my sources when appropriate and you should totally ph33r my l33t h4x0r sk1llz!!!!!!1111 :lol

Now, of course, I have to assess a couple of my less emotionally sensitive forum colleagues. I doubt anyone would deny that Erpy is the calm and level-headed Admin who keeps us all away from the evils of controversy and excessive flamage. On the other hand, I think Blackthorne is an Evil Clown who enjoys tormenting him.  :rollin

Def Zeppelin
Royal Servant Status

#2 Post by Def Zeppelin » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:48 am

I am the Kung-Fu Master, I never start a fight but if I need to I let loose on them with hurtful truths.   :)

Charlemagne
Canadian Pundit

#3 Post by Charlemagne » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:04 am

Beware, young padawan. The forum battlefields are littered with the bones of those who believed themselves to be kung-fu masters, but were wrong. The true kung-fu master need never announce his presence. :D

Def Zeppelin
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by Def Zeppelin » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:08 am

Not true  :D

Charlemagne
Canadian Pundit

#5 Post by Charlemagne » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:16 am

I disagree, and shall say no more.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#6 Post by Erpy » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:36 am

Aw, they truncated the descriptions since I last visited. The previous description of propellorhead amusingly stated:
Propeller Head knows just about everything there is to know about computers and the internet, and is a little mystified that you don't. Often an inarticulate and clumsy fighter he is still much to be feared because with a few deft keystrokes he can reduce your computer to a smoking heap of ruined metal. Or at least he says he can.
When I first came to that page, I couldn't stop laughing due to the amazingly accurate description of the archetypes there. (and I also plead guilty of the practice of comparing people I knew on the internet to these archetypes)

That said, I guess I'm a combination of admin and nanny with a slight pinch of netiquette nazi thrown in at unfortunate moments. :p

I don't think it's fair to classify BT as a true evil clown, because evil clowns mostly focus on discussions where they can toss a quick smart-alec comment into the crowd before scramming again. (due to their lack of interest in serious and barbless discussion)

Jafar
Super Star

#7 Post by Jafar » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:45 pm

I think I'm a bit of a Diplomat and a bit of Yuk-Yuk. Probably something else, but I'm too lazy to read them all.

Ghostface shows some signs of being a Loopy. :p

Radiant
Knight Status

#8 Post by Radiant » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:57 pm

Gotta love those pictures!

I guess I'll aspire to being a Philosopher.

KKuhlman
The Silent Witness

#9 Post by KKuhlman » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:02 pm

This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, I'm a lurker.
Now if you people excuse me, I gotta get back at it..

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#10 Post by Blackthorne519 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:43 pm

I have too many characteristics from too many profiles.

I'd like to just say that I'm simply Awesome.

Bt

anathoth8
Triforce Defender

#11 Post by anathoth8 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:59 pm

I'd have to identify myself as a Big Cat tossed with a Jekyll and Hyde, with just a dash of Eagle Scout for flavor.

JWar
Knight Status

#12 Post by JWar » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:38 pm

** Walks up to the microphone **
** Tap Tap **
Is this on?
** Feedback **
Thank you...
** Silence **
Good.

Hello, my name is JWar... and I am without classification...

You may call me Nerd...

Thank you..

Broomie
The Enigma

#13 Post by Broomie » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:25 pm

I very much see myself as a Big Cat, yet I don't use newbies as scratching posts and I don't tend to purr alot.

The pictures also made me laugh, that's a great site you got there!

Charlemagne
Canadian Pundit

#14 Post by Charlemagne » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:08 am

Propeller Head knows just about everything there is to know about computers and the internet, and is a little mystified that you don't. Often an inarticulate and clumsy fighter he is still much to be feared because with a few deft keystrokes he can reduce your computer to a smoking heap of ruined metal. Or at least he says he can.
I'm a l33t h4x0r. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. :lol

Pidgeot
Defense Minister Status

#15 Post by Pidgeot » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:42 am

I'm probably a combination of Android and Propeller Head. And I suppose I (technically) have some Fanboy in me, what with me being a POKéMANIAC and all.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#16 Post by MusicallyInspired » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:36 am

I've always thought of Erpy and all forum Admins as Kung-Fu Masters lol. I'm not sure what I am yet, I'm still looking through them. Although I could be called a lurker. I really only post when something really interests me, lately.

What does everyone else think I am? Any ideas?

PotatoSlayer
Knight Status

#17 Post by PotatoSlayer » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:00 am

i think im a Rebel Without a Clue

Keenermart
Royal Servant Status

#18 Post by Keenermart » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:19 am

I pretty well figure myself to be a de-clawed Big Cat, with hints of Therapist and Philosopher...  but then again, who knows if I have myself accurately pictured.  :)

That's the first time I've seen that though.. really funny stuff.. and yeah, there were definitely people who popped to mind upon reading some of the descriptions...  :lol

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#19 Post by Spikey » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:57 am

I've a bit of fanboy, therapist & jerk I think. I don't know. Don't have time now to look at all of them accurately.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#20 Post by Gronagor » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:55 pm

Erpy can be seen as the Artful Dodger as well. :)
I really have no idea what I am. I'd say a little bit of everything.  :p

Schloss Ritter
Knight Status

#21 Post by Schloss Ritter » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:49 am

I always believed a true lurker has minimal posts (less than 10% of the posts of regular members if even registered).  Therefore I'm probably one on this forum.