Recent Films.

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

VampD3
Queen of the Night and Moderator

Recent Films.

#1 Post by VampD3 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:32 pm

Just wondered what you guys have seen recently at the cinema?

Ive seen Constantine (I'm sure you can tell with Angelus's recent change in sig!) and Robots. Both of which were great films!!

Loved Constantine loads. It was scary and had funny bits and good effects, PLUS keanu was in it  ;)

Robots was also great! a bit slow at first but really funny later.

Anyway what have you guys seen? I know most films are nearly out on DVD in America before they even come to the pictures here lol

Broomie
The Enigma

#2 Post by Broomie » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:33 pm

The Terminal, brilliant film. I wasn't expecting much of it but I really enjoyed it. For some reason it reminded me of The Sims. Perhaps an Airport expansion pack. Anyway it was a good film.

I want to see Constantine, and Robots aswell. Both look very good.

Steffi Evenstar
Defense Minister Status

#3 Post by Steffi Evenstar » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:15 am

i've seen Hitch, Be Cool, and Robots.

I loved Hitch - cute romantic comedy, and, yes, I'm madly in love with Will Smith.

Be Cool - eh.  It was okay.

Robots - cute movie and a lot of fun.  Definetly worth my time.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#4 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:25 am

(Creeps back in the forums for a second)

Vamp I have come to terms with the fact that I hate you in a non meaningful if at all serious way. Simply because I was gonna start thistopic myself when my return was absolute seeing as how t doesn't seem that way for awhile. (Damn Geforce2 setting my compuer on fire and forcing me to use this impossible mac computer) I would post the question as more of a tip of the hat to my friends because we have this thing where we always talk in a large group and tell u stories so if everyone has run out of applicable stories for the moment their will be an akward silence in which someone always tries to get it going again,. the most common way to rejoin or spark conversation is to casually say "So... anyone seen any good movies lately?" and it rarely goes well but atleast it goes. Also note that my firrst line of "hatered" was a lot meaner than implied. Well untill next time I get the opportunity to touch the mac mini or if my computer gets replaced. Keep in touch, don't be a stranger.

Gav
Knight Status

#5 Post by Gav » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:08 pm

OMFG, WTF is this guy talking about?

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

#6 Post by Vildern » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:24 pm

I've recently watched:

The Pilot

Million Dollar Baby

Both were very good, though regarding Million Dollar Baby, I agree with Robert (forgot last name, writer of the book Story), the mixture of two ideas (fighting for success, and the ending part, which I won't spoile) is almost never a good idea. Nonetheless, it was a good movie.

rosel1
Knight Status

#7 Post by rosel1 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:43 pm

Gav wrote:OMFG, WTF is this guy talking about?
I haven't a clue.  Perhaps this will shed some light.

QFGFan...I think your viciousness to Vamp was uncalled for  :(.  

That said...I always enjoy reading the threads you open up, Vamp!  And if there were a poll entitled "Who Opens the Most Interesting Threads?" You would be one of the members to choose from; you and Charlemagne  :).

Broomie
The Enigma

#8 Post by Broomie » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:26 pm

QFGFan didn't actually mean he hates Vamp, he meant he envies her for starting a thread that he was about to make. Read the whole post guys, not just the first sentence. Yet it wasn't the best way you could write it at all.

Steffi Evenstar
Defense Minister Status

#9 Post by Steffi Evenstar » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:10 pm

oh yeah, i also saw Hotel Rwanda.  great movie, but definetly depressing.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#10 Post by Blackthorne519 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:23 pm

QFG fan was being playful, not hateful.  I'll give an example.

BLACKTHORNE:  Broomie, I hate you for  being so SEXY.
BROOMIE:  Really?  I love YOU Bt.

See?

Bt

Broomie
The Enigma

#11 Post by Broomie » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:30 pm

Funnilly enough that is what our AIM convos are just like.

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#12 Post by Alias » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:52 pm

QFGF> Be more careful on the words you choose, I speak from experience.  ;)

VampD3
Queen of the Night and Moderator

#13 Post by VampD3 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:13 pm

That said...I always enjoy reading the threads you open up, Vamp!  And if there were a poll entitled "Who Opens the Most Interesting Threads?" You would be one of the members to choose from; you and Charlemagne
Awww! Thats really really nice of you  :D

You put a big smile on my face  :)

Senor Matt
Knight Status

#14 Post by Senor Matt » Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:41 am

I thought Robots was okay, but if it hadn't been for Robin Willaims being in it it would have stunk on ice.  He makes any crappy movie better, and he's been in some pretty bad ones, though I personally love him.

Charlemagne
Canadian Pundit

#15 Post by Charlemagne » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:16 am

VampD3 wrote:
That said...I always enjoy reading the threads you open up, Vamp!  And if there were a poll entitled "Who Opens the Most Interesting Threads?" You would be one of the members to choose from; you and Charlemagne

Me too! Thanks Rosel! :D ;)

Ghost_Rider
Knight Status

#16 Post by Ghost_Rider » Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:15 am

Gav wrote:OMFG, WTF is this guy talking about?
Darn Canadians, always making trouble!   :p

That's the problem with messages / posts / e-mails.... you can't tell sarcasm unless you know it was intended to be a sarcastic message.  I find that smilies help to confirm, or at least hint at the tone of what you're writing.

rosel1
Knight Status

#17 Post by rosel1 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:31 pm

Bromios wrote:QFGFan didn't actually mean he hates Vamp, he meant he envies her for starting a thread that he was about to make. Read the whole post guys, not just the first sentence. Yet it wasn't the best way you could write it at all.
Blackthorne519 wrote:QFG fan was being playful, not hateful.  I'll give an example.
LOL!  I see that now  :p.  Sorry...I honestly couldn't make head or tails of the post when I first read it.  Forgive the misunderstanding, QFGFan.
Charlemagne wrote:
VampD3 wrote:

Me too! Thanks Rosel! :D ;)
It's true ;)!  I'm glad I put a smile on your face!  :D

Relight
Archival Expert

#18 Post by Relight » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:47 pm

I haven't seen much recently. Will see Sin City when it comes out. Of course, lots of great films approaching in the summer to the end of the year.

Gav
Knight Status

#19 Post by Gav » Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:13 pm

I never suspected QFGfan of being hateful, just incoherent.

Anyway, I saw Constantine the other day and found it to be average. Not bad, but not excellent either. I think the only comic book inspired movie that has exceeded my expectations in the last few years is Spiderman (both of them), though I haven't seen X-men or The Hulk.

I also really want to see Robots, but haven't as yet.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#20 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:13 pm

holy F*** bean that was hostile... atleast some people understood in the end. I mean the post even stated I was kidding! And now I'm off to my room before mommy catches me. I geuss this is what happens when you break 3 bones on someone elses body.

Uhanimar
Knight Status

#21 Post by Uhanimar » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:15 pm

I just recently saw Hellboy and Saved!

Hellboy: Seriusly rocked. Demons fighting demons summoned by nazis. Can't get any better huh?
Saved!: Great cast, great story, One of my favs.

Gav
Knight Status

#22 Post by Gav » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:56 pm

Hellboy was the same as Constantine for me - although a bit more interesting, what with the hero being a giant red demon guy.

Saved! was quite an interesting movie. I quite enjoyed it, even considering I saw it on a flight, with questionable sound quality. You're right, the acting was very good - even Maculy Culken (sp?) !

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#23 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:44 am

at the mention of mecholly culken I remembered the last fil I saw. It was called little monsters with him and Seth Green as bisexual teenagers that started a drug cult called club kids where everyone just dressed all weird and did some crazy drugs. Apparently it's based off o a true story and it's called little monsters. Although not a very recent film It wasn't the absolute worst film I've ever seen however it wasn't spectacular or anything.

Ghost_Rider
Knight Status

#24 Post by Ghost_Rider » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:52 am

Well after reading your description of Little Monsters I'll make a mental note to never see that movie.

Man I am trying to remember the last movie I saw in the theatres... Terminator 3?  There has to be something more recent than that, but I'm drawing a blank.  Bourne Supremacy might have been it.  I usually wait 'til they come out on DVD.  There just hasn't been anything I've seen advertised recently that makes me go, "Yeah, I gotta see that!"

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#25 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:57 am

yes I definetly wouldnt reccomend the movie but it had it's moments.