Hey folks...

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Cain Aleksandrovich
Knight Status

Hey folks...

#1 Post by Cain Aleksandrovich » Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:54 pm

Ok, people, you wanted to know why I've been flipping out?
I just got word from an attorney friend that no matter wht Infamous Adventures tells me, they cannot leggally touch me for saying this, thouhg hey did threaten legal action.

Infamous Adventures, Hero6, and at least one more fan project, I think Corby's Legend of Fair Spring are merging into one massive project. Not only are they merging teams, but they're merging games. Apparently, people on the teams got tired of not seeing their work and have began merging games so as to have a final product completed sooner. YES THAT'S RIGHT FANS! SOME OF YOUR FAVORITE PROJECTS WILL BE MERGING! THis means that massive parts of the games will be cut down to be able to congeal them into each other and keep the project from growing too large.

Now why I was thrown out of the former Infamous Adventures.  I put lots of work into Quest for Infamy. More than just forum moderation. As a matter of fact, for about 4 months, I was the only one actually doing work on Quest for Infamy, such as backgrounds, sprites, and scripting, but wanted to keep it a secret that work was being done. A few weeks ago, I needed some time to deal with personal issues and took some time off and when I returned, these talks were going on. It seems Blackthorne and Hero6 adminitration(Swift amongst them) decided that most of my work was unneeded, except for two backgrounds and a sprite and the background would be redone. That means that most of my work was in vain. I probably won't even get a shoutout on the final product. I posted a perturbed, yet civil letter than I was angry with this, and when I returned later, I was banend, and informed by e-mail that the new team was more or less scared I'd explode over this and be a pain and I wasn't needed on the new team:... I don't even know what they'll be called, I heard names like Black Flag Entertainment or Heroes Notorious Inc. or such...

So, I exploded, but I'd have been nice had they kept me on.

To Jaywar: How do you have the balls to tell me that I'm wrong when you were there at IA and saw exactly what went on!

So people, now you know exactly why I've been verbally rampaging against IA and Hero6. Though some little cazzo capitalized on me being angry and decided to spam up Hero6 Forums in my name. From what I know I've been cleared, but I gtta say, they kind of deserved it.

Here's my take, believe me if you want, don't if you don't want to. I'm sure people from the new team will soon be posting disclaimers, but this is gods honest truth. Peace Ya'll!

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#2 Post by Alias » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:14 pm

I dont believe you're ratting on other peoples private matters. Shame on you.
Last edited by Alias on Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JWar
Knight Status

#3 Post by JWar » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:22 pm

Cain, as I tried to explain to you in my previous post, which you clearly were unable to fully comprehend due to the fact that you STILL have not sat down and taken a breath, I cannot fathom where you get the nerve to take something like this out into the open. Although the internet allows for people of all ages to work together on the assumption that every individual has the basic grasp of mature conduct, it's times like these that prove that sometimes kids are just that... kids.

Also, about the legal action. There might not be a basis for actually getting something done, but with the combined finances of the people that you've irritated it would simply be a matter of hitting you with continuous legal action until you can no longer afford to pay for legal aid. In the end neither of the parties would get anything out of it financially, but you'd be flat out broke... thus giving the other party the revenge they'd want.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#4 Post by Gronagor » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:26 pm

Cainy boy. I really don't know why you'd tell people stuff like this. The projects hardly ever communicate with each other.

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#5 Post by Alias » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:31 pm

I can tell you now that everything Cain said is false, his proberly ranting on some idea just to get back to AI for him getting kicked out. And I don't know why his dragged Hero 6, Corby and other projects into this mess.

Swift
Dungeon Mistress

#6 Post by Swift » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:45 pm

Never thought you'd be so capable of stooping this low, Cain. I don't ever want to speak to you again.

Broomie
The Enigma

#7 Post by Broomie » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:52 pm

Infamous Adventures, Hero6, and at least one more fan project, I think Corby's Legend of Fair Spring are merging into one massive project. Not only are they merging teams, but they're merging games. Apparently, people on the teams got tired of not seeing their work and have began merging games so as to have a final product completed sooner. YES THAT'S RIGHT FANS! SOME OF YOUR FAVORITE PROJECTS WILL BE MERGING! THis means that massive parts of the games will be cut down to be able to congeal them into each other and keep the project from growing too large.
Just to clarify both Gronagar's and Reptile's posts, IA are not merging with other projects. Please Cain, we don't have time for your sudden "rumours." IA is a independant group and always will be. Quest for Infamy and KQ3 will carry on as normal. Without any interruption from any other fangame project.
Ok, people, you wanted to know why I've been flipping out?
I just got word from an attorney friend that no matter wht Infamous Adventures tells me, they cannot leggally touch me for saying this, thouhg hey did threaten legal action.
Well whatever your attorney friend tells you, we can have a say on that. Since we're nowhere near you, how would it be possible for us to touch you? Perhaps just a few words though may be okay. ;) Because I didn't read anything of that.
Now why I was thrown out of the former Infamous Adventures.  I put lots of work into Quest for Infamy. More than just forum moderation. As a matter of fact, for about 4 months, I was the only one actually doing work on Quest for Infamy, such as backgrounds, sprites, and scripting, but wanted to keep it a secret that work was being done. A few weeks ago, I needed some time to deal with personal issues and took some time off and when I returned, these talks were going on. It seems Blackthorne and Hero6 adminitration(Swift amongst them) decided that most of my work was unneeded, except for two backgrounds and a sprite and the background would be redone. That means that most of my work was in vain. I probably won't even get a shoutout on the final product. I posted a perturbed, yet civil letter than I was angry with this, and when I returned later, I was banend, and informed by e-mail that the new team was more or less scared I'd explode over this and be a pain and I wasn't needed on the new team:... I don't even know what they'll be called, I heard names like Black Flag Entertainment or Heroes Notorious Inc. or such...
Ha, that is 100% pure bullshit material we got here, old buddy. You were actually doing work on Quest for Infamy? Cain, if making one un-animated sprite and a poor background alteration is called work, I don't know what isn't. Please, I do not wish to go any further with this and expect you do the same.

Def Zeppelin
Royal Servant Status

#8 Post by Def Zeppelin » Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:07 pm

Quick somebody call the WAAAAHMBULANCE! :cry

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#9 Post by Klytos » Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:16 pm

Okay, I'll admit. He's telling the truth. But he left out the juicy bit. It's actually a deal which includes 4 Space Quest projects, a Leisure Suit Larry fangame and the Munhunter 3 project. It's called "Reject Quest : How to clean out a space locker with a bastard sword, a MAD, a soiled condom and a lock pick." Yeah Cain, great one.

Steffi Evenstar
Defense Minister Status

#10 Post by Steffi Evenstar » Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:23 pm

damnit, cain.  you know, i didn't know what happened at IA.  i got some details, but not a lot.  i still had respect for you, i really did.  i had no issues with you whatsoever.  

but now, it's gone, completley. and i'm sure me saying this doesn't mean shit to you, but you know what.  screw it.  it had to be said.

Radiant
Knight Status

#11 Post by Radiant » Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:23 pm

Cain -> with an attitude like that, why are you even surprised we wanted to get rid of you?

Everyone else -> can we just drop this matter, it doesn't deserve this kind of attention.

1eyedParrot
Knight Status

#12 Post by 1eyedParrot » Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:58 pm

Cain,

Taking the template from the server and stealing my code then having the balls to alter it into that heap of trash you gave us does not constitute as "doing scripting for QFI". Get over yourself man.

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#13 Post by Alias » Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:05 pm

I don't see a point in you telling people about these matters, it won't make you look any better. And it certainly wont make you look better making up stuff and creating rumors about other fan games.  :\

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#14 Post by navynuke04 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:40 pm

Cain, how many times do we have to tell you not to use our forums as a place to flame, spread rumors, etc...

I've banned Cain's account (once again). I think he holds the record for being banned the most number of times.

Some people just piss me off. I'm tired of cleaning up his messes.