KQ3 VGA ended

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

sytsky1
Peasant Status

KQ3 VGA ended

#1 Post by sytsky1 » Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:24 pm

Jafar
Super Star

#2 Post by Jafar » Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:26 pm

IIRC, IA said that even though they merged, QFI and KQ3VGA will still be completed.

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#3 Post by Kurdt » Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:28 pm

Nope. They decided that they didn't want to continue with anything else, and decided to put the work they already did on QFI and KQ3 in "Hero of Infamous Kingdoms." KQ3 and QFI are both Toast, as is Hero6, A Tale of Two Kingdoms, and the other games made by the merging companies.

Jafar
Super Star

#4 Post by Jafar » Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:30 pm

KQ3 and QFI are not no more and will continue as planned yet under a different name.
http://www.infamous-adventures.com/foru ... wtopic=391

I think they said that at the SSS forums too, but I'm not sure.

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#5 Post by Kurdt » Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:32 pm

Shhhhhh!!!! Pril-Ay Ool-Fay!!!

Okay, yes, it was an April Fool they pulled yesterday. Yeah, they're merging, but yesterday they said they were going to cancel all games and put it into HIK, when really it was just them showcasing the games. Fun, huh?

Draco62
Royal Servant Status

QF1 and KQIII?

#6 Post by Draco62 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:19 pm

Is this sit doing a remake of QGI for PC? Tell me more about them? Some one said when QFGII comes out they would re-burn a CD with all 4 games. Did they find a way to make all the others work on wins98 cause I can't even instal the first four and I think you need that before you install tourbo or one of the other programs that slow the computer down for old games. Thanks for any info you can provid.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#7 Post by Blackthorne519 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:28 pm

Good lord, Draco, how I've missed you and your excellent attempts at English.

Okay - no, there will be no burning of QFGI-IV on CD, with the IIVGA remake - it's not an official Sierra release.

No one was remaking Quest For Glory I; we(Infamous Adventures, or IA for the lovers of brevity) were making Quest for INFAMY.  As well as KQIII, both projects are still on.

To get the old games, try DosBOX  http://dosbox.sourceforge.net - and the QFGIV patches.  Someone else post that link, I can't spell belzorash correctly off the top of my head.

Does anyone else feel like we post the same stuff over and over again?

Bt

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#8 Post by Erpy » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:55 pm

The site where the patches can be found is http://geocities.com/belzorash

In order to install most DOS-games, simply copy the folder straight from the CD onto the hard drive and disable the read-only property of all files.

The site you referred to was never making a QFG1-remake...that screenshot in front of Spielburg gate was a fake. They ARE (still) working on a QFG-like game that takes place in the same setting, but does not feature the hero.

I suppose this info has circulated the web for some time, but not every visitor spends his entire life inside the fangame community, so for the lurkers...this post answers the question. And without unnecessarily blasting people's grammar skills in the process at that. (hint)

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#9 Post by Blackthorne519 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:21 pm

Erpy wrote: I suppose this info has circulated the web for some time, but not every visitor spends his entire life inside the fangame community, so for the lurkers...this post answers the question. And without unnecessarily blasting people's grammar skills in the process at that. (hint)
I wasn't really blasting his grammar skills, Erps.  I really only reserve that for native English speakers who mangle their own primary language.  If I recall correctly, it's not Draco's first language.  Hence, why I love his attempts at English.  I remember when someone helped him correct his sig, he was gracious about it.  I really did try to offer him help with his games, though.

Bt

Broomie
The Enigma

#10 Post by Broomie » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:53 pm

I wasn't really blasting his grammar skills, Erps.  I really only reserve that for native English speakers who mangle their own primary language.  
I find that funny when you "blasted" Alias for his spelling and grammar skills 24/7 when his primary language wasn't English.  :p

I still love ya though BT.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#11 Post by Blackthorne519 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:20 am

Bromios wrote:
I wasn't really blasting his grammar skills, Erps.  I really only reserve that for native English speakers who mangle their own primary language.  
I find that funny when you "blasted" Alias for his spelling and grammar skills 24/7 when his primary language wasn't English.  :p

I still love ya though BT.
It's only because I'm secretly (platonicly) in love with Alias.  

And because he's a regular poster here - he posts with such frequency, I try to help him be more professional.  I know it's because he has big hopes and aspirations, and being able to write well and professionally will help him.

And I love him.

P.S.  I am drunk; look at this posts spelling and grammar.  It's not bad.  I may have spelled platonically wrong.  I don't know if there's two 'l's in it.  Someone with correct me and shame me and point fingers.  Anyway, I'm rambling.

Bt

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#12 Post by Alias » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:40 am

*Plutonicly.  ;)  ( I think its that. :lol)

Thats okay, even though you were extremely harsh sometimes, It;s for the best. I think my English is amazing for someone who learnt 2 languages before it.

I love you too BT.  ;)

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#13 Post by Gronagor » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:44 am

Aai. Nou's hy 'n regte Engelsman.

Draco62
Royal Servant Status

First language

#14 Post by Draco62 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:26 pm

Actualy my first language is english. :o  I am just not a great speller and the times of day I check the boards are late so I usualy do not think to get a dictionary. I am also dislecsic (not all that bad but hinders some performans as you can see). However I do not mind when people politly correct me. :\  Sorry if I broke your heart Blackthorne519  :cry guess you read my profil and figure that being from Montreal I was english second language (You should See how bad my french is!). I think I also get the two languages mixed up also. Wasn't there a spell check on the old board? Alias your english very good keep it up.

The CD burning of QFGI-IV was someone doing it for themselves not for others. I was curious to the process. Especialy since QFGII was not from the CD and had differences (although less differences than I may think).

Thanks for the instructions on instulation Erp. I however under stand better when shown but since I can not exacly go to your house and ask to be shown I will do it by tral and error. Am I correct that you do that before installing turbo or simalar program?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#15 Post by Erpy » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:02 pm

Simply go to windows explorer or "my computer" and create a new folder on your hard drive. (QFG1EGA for instance) Next, go to the CD-drive, open the folder QG1OLD and select all files in the folder. Press CTRL-C to copy them and go back to the folder on the hard drive you just created. After double-clicking the name of the folder to open it, press CTRL-V to paste all files in there. While all files are still selected, right-click on one of them and select "properties" from the menu. In the properties-window, make sure the "read-only" box is not checked. After unchecking it, click OK. Now the game's on your hard drive. The install.exe usually allows you to set video/audio mode and the sciv/scidhuv/sierra program runs the game. Before starting, check out the site I linked to in order to download those patches. If you get them, you won't need to install a program like Turbo, Moslow or CPU-killer nor will you need to use DosBox.

Piotyr
Peasant Status

#16 Post by Piotyr » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:02 pm

On another point theres not really a need to remake qfg1 cause I think the first remake is fine, just grab dos box or an old ass comp and bam! Qfg time! I can not wait till the remake of qfg2! I shall play them all through again and finnally put this series in my "Beaten" catagory with a few other series.

iamlindoro
Peasant Status

#17 Post by iamlindoro » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:06 pm

Alias wrote:*Plutonicly.  ;)  ( I think its that. :lol)
Nope, it's Platonic.  As in, refering to Plato, who preached a pure, unsullied affection that wasn't damaged by carnal desires.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#18 Post by Blackthorne519 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:38 pm

iamlindoro wrote:
Alias wrote:*Plutonicly.  ;)  ( I think its that. :lol)
Nope, it's Platonic.  As in, refering to Plato, who preached a pure, unsullied affection that wasn't damaged by carnal desires.
So I was right?   I rule!

Bt

sytsky1
Peasant Status

#19 Post by sytsky1 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:50 pm

Nor any for not for any fucking Yours Language Английский обязан я понимать?

Какого хера?

Не обязан я понимать чужежодный мнге язык.

Пишите по-русски
=
тогда и поговорим
тогда я Вас пойму.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#20 Post by Blackthorne519 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:18 am

sytsky1 wrote:Nor any for not for any fucking Yours Language Английский обязан я понимать?

Какого хера?

Не обязан я понимать чужежодный мнге язык.

Пишите по-русски
=
тогда и поговорим
тогда я Вас пойму.
Translation, ala babelfish -
English is obligated by 4 to understand? What khera? Is not obligated by 4 to understand chuzhezhodnyy mnge language. Write in Russian = then let us have a talk then 4 you floodlands
This board communicates in English.  If I could write properly in Russian, I would.

Bt

Draco62
Royal Servant Status

Thanks

#21 Post by Draco62 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:42 am

:) Thanks Erp. Had I really thought of it should have just asked for a more detailed explination. Glade I can always count on help from you and others hear to be so patiant with me. I do like the SSS site and the screans from QFGII were great tide bit.

Sorry again Blackthorne519 for having miss lead you in anyway. Hope you will not be mad with me for long. Hope everyone can learn to get along. Wise person said Curtissy is owed, respect earned, Love is given and you've got all three from me.

Boogeyman
Knight Status

#22 Post by Boogeyman » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:26 am

Hear me, oh Powers of Klatha and Mana;
turn now sytsky1 into species called rana!

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

Re: Thanks

#23 Post by Klytos » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:35 am

Draco62 wrote: I do like the SSS site and the screans from QFGII were great tide bit.
Yeah, I was also pretty impressed with the QFG2 screens that we did for that joke / game. Especially considering they were done in about a week.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

Re: Thanks

#24 Post by Blackthorne519 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:02 am

Draco62 wrote: Sorry again Blackthorne519 for having miss lead you in anyway. Hope you will not be mad with me for long. Hope everyone can learn to get along. Wise person said Curtissy is owed, respect earned, Love is given and you've got all three from me.
Not at all.  You're not a brusque chap at all... I'm not mad at ya!

Bt

Draco62
Royal Servant Status

#25 Post by Draco62 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:44 pm

brusque?  :p  Glad to hear your not mad. Blackthorne519 :D

Erpy Just to double check if I would like to copy a file like you sad are there any files that need taking for general work like the paches file I found on my anthology CD. Cause as I understand you if I want the QFGIVGA I take the QFGI New file and copy that. But Since I have never done this I was not sure what file to take other than the obvious ones.

A related question now I see many QFGIII files each with a letter after them, I am I right in beleiving these as translations ie QFGIIIF=french translation and QFGIIIE=english translation. For the moment I am only interested in the english one. I belive I only take QFGIIIE for that one. Am I correct?

Last question there are two QFG4 files one for windows and the other is dos. For the full voice version do I use the windows only file or both? Thanks for your help and especialy patience.  :\