Don't you just hate it when...

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

Don't you just hate it when...

#1 Post by Angelus3K » Sat May 07, 2005 9:55 am

...something comes along and just messes up your comfortable life!

At work Deb and I and these two other girls we did training with have been in the same team for just about a year now. Our work is notourious for advisors not having the same manager for more than a couple of months but so far we had been lucky having been moved 3 times we had always been moved together the 4 of us.

Now for the last 5 months we've had the greatest manager ever, he's really friendly and really inspiring and recently we have been the best team in the whole site for our stats.

But now our manager has to go full time as his girlfriend is pregnant so he is moving to a full time team so not only are we getting a new manager but from some reason the whole team is getting disbanded, pairs of us going here, pairs of us going there.

Deb and the other 2 girls are going into another team and myself and a guy called Carl are going into another team and the rest of the team who we've been really good friends with are all going to seperate teams too.

It might not sound like a big deal but work is something you goto nearly everyday of your life so its a shock when people you've gotten friendly and comfortable with will no longer be working with you, and now this time I wont be in the same team as Deb so now while we're at work I'll hardly see her.

We'll probably get used to it in time but its just not fair  :cry  :\

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#2 Post by Gronagor » Sat May 07, 2005 11:45 am

... and you guys never had problems working together?

Sorry. Just strange to me how you got along up until now. The old saying that friends, family and especially spouses shouldn't work together has proven itself to me quite a few times.

I don't mean to be insensitive, but I think it's a good thing this happened. In the long run this would have caused problems which could have been prevented.

And yeah... never bring your work-'friends' home and never take your social-life friends to work. It ALWAYS causes problems after a while.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#3 Post by Angelus3K » Sat May 07, 2005 12:08 pm

I know what you mean Gron but we've worked together for nearly a year and we've been fine  :)

VampD3
Queen of the Night and Moderator

#4 Post by VampD3 » Sat May 07, 2005 1:07 pm

Its been totally fine. At work we hardly talk to each other anyway and when we do we used to always have a laugh and have fun and help each other with work problems. It was great and it was totally fine working together, no problem at all.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#5 Post by Gronagor » Sat May 07, 2005 10:44 pm

Early days...

But then. You 2 always had a strange and abnormal (in a good way) relationship, from what I gather from your posts. 24/7 is the thing that spooks me most, some times. But you seem to handle it very well.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#6 Post by Blackthorne519 » Sat May 07, 2005 11:11 pm

Gronagor wrote:Early days...

But then. You 2 always had a strange and abnormal (in a good way) relationship, from what I gather from your posts. 24/7 is the thing that spooks me most, some times. But you seem to handle it very well.
Yeah, I know.  If I was with my girlfriend 24/7 - we'd kill each other.

Bt

Optimus Crime
Peasant Status

#7 Post by Optimus Crime » Sun May 08, 2005 12:24 am

while reading this thread i farted. i apologize.

Cain Aleksandrovich
Knight Status

#8 Post by Cain Aleksandrovich » Sun May 08, 2005 1:08 am

You're an idiot, optimus, no flames intended, but you really are.

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#9 Post by Klytos » Sun May 08, 2005 2:31 am

Deb and the other 2 girls are going into another team and myself and a guy called Carl are going into another team and the rest of the team who we've been really good friends with are all going to seperate teams too.
Angelus, I think that you could see it as a vote of confidence in your abilities. You said that your team has been topping the stats lately. Maybe they want your "proven" teamworkers going out into the not-quite-so-good teams and giving them a boost.
And yeah... never bring your work-'friends' home and never take your social-life friends to work. It ALWAYS causes problems after a while.
I agree not to work with your partner etc, but after a while your work friends tend to become your social friends too. I have had great times on the drink with work-mates. I think it's a good thing, it keeps the workplace a lot friendlier.

Ghost_Rider
Knight Status

#10 Post by Ghost_Rider » Sun May 08, 2005 4:22 am

I know what you mean Angelus, I'm going through something similar right now at work.  I was moved away from the team I was on just recently... the team I had been with for five years.  It's difficult adjusting to a new group, especially since I'm the only one.  I miss my old group.

The new team isn't exactly a welcoming group either.  I just take it one day at a time.  One thing is for sure, I don't enjoy being there quite as much as I used to.  I just hope it gets better over time.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#11 Post by Gronagor » Sun May 08, 2005 6:58 am

Klytos wrote:I agree not to work with your partner etc, but after a while your work friends tend to become your social friends too. I have had great times on the drink with work-mates. I think it's a good thing, it keeps the workplace a lot friendlier.
It's great fun for a little while Klytos. I must admit! But after a while the little things begin to crawl in. Something you said without thinking in the bar after the 10th beer. A gossip story here and then there. Someone using your idea. It always starts slow... it doesn't bother you at that time.

Believe me... the backstabbers at work are usually those you thought to be your friends. Ah. But you'll experience these things yourselves one day. Like I said... early days. :)

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#12 Post by Angelus3K » Sun May 08, 2005 9:18 am

Would you say a year was early days Gron?

Deb and I are great friends and we just have a laugh at work.

VampD3

#13 Post by VampD3 » Sun May 08, 2005 9:24 am

Me and Angelus are really good friends mainly before lover's lol thats just an extra to us. We were great friends before we went out aswell. We have so much in common!! At work we get along great. We hardly have time to talk to each other which is one of the reasons its not to bad working with each other as we are on the phone all the time to seperate customers.

We only chat on our break for 15 mins or so with our other mates. I think the reason we do get along so well is the fact that we are such good friends first. Its more like being with a good friend than being with a partner.
But then. You 2 always had a strange and abnormal (in a good way) relationship, from what I gather from your posts
LOL how do you mean??
:)

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#14 Post by Gronagor » Sun May 08, 2005 12:41 pm

Too similar. Almost scary.

VampD3

#15 Post by VampD3 » Sun May 08, 2005 2:39 pm

LOL well we do have our differences.

The main things we have in common are movies, adventure games and playing games in general, similar likes in food etc.

Differences include music, I love drawing he loves computers, I love walking and running and sports in general he hates them, I love reading writing he just likes PS2's and technology in general lol

In fact I would go running and walking and shopping and come back and do some drawing etc while he would be sitting at home on his PS2/Computer!!

So we do have seperate times etc and we do different things in our spare time as we don't like what each other does but the times when we are together playing etc really count as we enjoy it!

So I wouldn't say we were THAT similar its just nice that we have a hand full of things that we like doing together.

1eyedParrot
Knight Status

#16 Post by 1eyedParrot » Sun May 08, 2005 5:09 pm

Blackthorne519 wrote:
Gronagor wrote:Early days...

Yeah, I know.  If I was with my girlfriend 24/7 - we'd kill each other.

Bt
It wouldn't even have to be my g/f, if I was around the same person 24/7 I would go nuts.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#17 Post by Angelus3K » Sun May 08, 2005 5:41 pm

So said we were together 24/7? lol just because we work together?  ;)