Fantastic Four Movie + New game

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

Fantastic Four Movie + New game

#1 Post by Alias » Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:03 pm

http://www.gametrailers.com/streambuild ... 6&w=480&r=

Enjoy the trailer folks, this game + movie looks to be a great hit. I've always been a comic book fan, and have always loved most Marvel characters.  :)

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#2 Post by Angelus3K » Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:50 pm

Yea, the the game and movie have been known for awhile now. Game looks cool, I hope it plays cool!

Ghost_Rider
Knight Status

#3 Post by Ghost_Rider » Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:55 pm

I remember they had an Avengers game in the arcades, it was a while back, but it was really good.  Pretty sure it was called "Captain America and the Avengers."  

I think they came out with an Avengers console game and it wasn't nearly as good.  I was into Marvel comics a bit, mainly just for a few characters; Iron Man, Silver Surfer, Punisher, Ghost Rider (well I guess my nickname gives that one away).

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#4 Post by Kurdt » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:40 am

Fudge that, DC rules all! You want a good game, check out this one:

http://www.eagames.com/official/batman/ ... s/home.jsp

Now THAT'S a good-looking movie game!

In similar coolnessness, the guy that designed the logo that DC Comics is going to intro into their movies with from now on put the vid on his site. You should all check it out because DC is awesome and this guy's a great 3D artist. Peace!

http://www.mikeverta.com/pages/VisualFX2.html

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#5 Post by Angelus3K » Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:45 am

Ghost_Rider wrote:I remember they had an Avengers game in the arcades, it was a while back, but it was really good.  Pretty sure it was called "Captain America and the Avengers."  

I think they came out with an Avengers console game and it wasn't nearly as good.  I was into Marvel comics a bit, mainly just for a few characters; Iron Man, Silver Surfer, Punisher, Ghost Rider (well I guess my nickname gives that one away).
You mean THIS scroll down to see some pics and stuff.

I used to love this game, there was a console port too but it sux compared to the arcade version.

MAME runs this game really well too!

Ghost_Rider
Knight Status

#6 Post by Ghost_Rider » Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:05 am

Angelus3K wrote:You mean THIS scroll down to see some pics and stuff.

I used to love this game, there was a console port too but it sux compared to the arcade version.

MAME runs this game really well too!

Yes, that's the game!  Wow 1991.. how the years fly by.  I forgot that Vision was in the game... knew there was four, but could only remember Captain America, Iron Man, and Hawkeye.

So they ported this to console... I thought it was a different game but you know maybe it is the same one.  It was much better in the arcade, I agree.

Never heard of MAME... so you mean you can actually play this game with the MAME emulator?  I gotta check this out!

New England Patriots
Royal Servant Status

#7 Post by New England Patriots » Tue May 17, 2005 12:07 am

I've always thought of "The Thing" to be the coolest member of the fantastic four.  But if I was to choose any marvel character that I liked, it would be Juggernaut. :evil

Ghost_Rider
Knight Status

#8 Post by Ghost_Rider » Wed May 18, 2005 3:13 am

I haven't really paid attention for quite a few years, by my favourite is the Silver Surfer.  Iron Man is a close second.