Funniest Moments

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

New England Patriots
Royal Servant Status

Funniest Moments

#1 Post by New England Patriots » Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:11 am

Here, you can post anyting or any moment in your life that is or was funny and Def Zeppelin, Keep it appropriate  |I

Once, I was playing Football, and I kicked the ball straight up.  I didnt see where it had went, and I looked around for a moment and it came right down and hit me right on the top of the head  :lol

Ghost_Rider
Knight Status

#2 Post by Ghost_Rider » Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:39 am

Oh man I am sure we can all probably think of tons.  Problem is for most, you'd actually have to be there at the time of the incident to find it funny.

I remember one from high school.  There was six of us who always used to play tackle football (North American football, but not wearing any padding).  We usually played in the winter on the football/rugby/soccer field.  Anyway so this one time in the dead of winter, with 40 cm of snow on the ground - which would be 16 inches roughly - we had a good game going.

Near the end of the game, my friend Dan who was playing against us made a great catch and was near mid-field, and started to run for a touchdown.  This guy Steve and I run after him, I do this crazy flying leap and jump on his back.  He barely managed to keep his balance, but kept going.  Then Steve jumps and just manages to grab one of his legs.  That slows him down, but he keeps going.  I wrapped my arms around Dan's head so he can't see, but this guy was unstoppable.  He ran nearly half the field with me on his back, unable to see, and this other guy holding onto his ankle.  Anyway, he made the touchdown, but not before Steve started to lose his grip, and ended up pulling Dan's pants down.  He ended up falling in the end zone, covered in snow, snow up his shorts... the look of horror on his face... haha.

Oh well, I guess you would have had to be there for it to really be funny.  Damn was the look on his face priceless.  But hey, he made the touchdown.  Nothing like taking one for the team.   :p

Alright one more, I'll try to keep this short.  We were camping, and we all dared this guy Chris to pee on the electric fence.  He didn't see the big deal, so he did it.  I didn't know if it was true or not... but I should have known it would.  The electricity travelled back up the stream of pee and gave him a nice shock   :eek   You should have heard him scream.  He was mad at us for weeks after that.

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

#3 Post by Music Head » Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:26 am

well i remember this one tiem at band camp....

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#4 Post by Blackthorne519 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:58 am

Well, back in my more youthful days, I was known to smoke Marijuana from time to time.  I was an actor, and somewhat of a rogue bohemian hippie type.  Anyhoo, when I was about 18, I was in a play at my college.  It was a medieval play, titled Rusticus Imperans by Jacob Masen.  Actually, all this information is irrelevant.  I am really garrolous at times.

So, to get on with it, my friend Sean and I befriended an alumni who had come back to do the play.  Sean and I played guitar and sang, and this guy, also Shawn, was in a band on the West Coast.  Needless to say, we got along great.  After rehersals ended, usually around 10:30 at night, we'd go smoke a joint or two behind the firehouse we rehearsed in.  

Now, usually after I'd get all high, I'd take the school shuttle back to my dorm, but this night, the weather was balmy for spring, so I decided to walk back to my dorm.  At the time, there was a large field between the Firehouse and the parking lot adjacent to my dorm.  As I crossed the road, and started walking in the field, I took in the night.  The clouds had disapated, leaving a lovely diamond blanket of stars.  I stared at them for a while in my intoxicated state, and thought about how lovely the world was.  I kept walking, for what seemed like 15 minutes.  I figured I was almost done walking across the field.  But when I looked ahead.....

I had walked maybe five steps in.

I laughed at my silly stoned self, and reminded myself of the delays in time that THC seems to enact on the brain.  I chuckled, and stared at my feet as I started to walk across the field again.  I laughed at myself, and though, "Jeez, Steve, what a STONER you are....".  I kept musing on my foibles, and I walked for what seemed another 15 minutes.  I stopped, and looked up.

I wasn't even half-way across that damn field.

Now, panic began to set back in.  I looked back towards the firehouse, hoping to see it as a speck in the distance, but I could still see the front porch light.  I breifly thought of turning around, and taking the shuttle, but I decided to continue my endeavour.  My journey was my own.

I shoved my hands in my pockets, put my head down, and began to walk quickly again.  I walked.  And I walked.  And I walked some more.  I really wanted to get home now, and watch "Dazed and Confused" as I was sure my friends were doing.  I looked up once more.

I still hadn't made progress.

Paranoia set in.  Either my feet refused to work, or God was punishing me for being high.  A million spiritual and moral quandries heaped upon my soul as I began to get scared.  I put my head down and ran.

I ran as fast as my fat-ass could haul.  Head down, I vowed not to stop until my eyes saw the tarvia of the parking lot beneath my feet.  

I ran for what seemed to be hours.  I shivered as the night seemed to turn cold.  

Suddenly, like manna from heaven, the tarvia appeared beneath my feet.

I dropped to the ground, clutching my glasses to my face so they would not fall as I kissed the parking lot. I was saved!  My journey was at an end.

At that moment, a dilligent security officer of the college pulled up in his Ford Crown Victoria.  I knew him from around campus.  He leaned his head out the window.

"Steve, what are you doing?" he intoned.

"Uh, man....." I thought.  Quickly I countered with, "Man, I lost a contact lens."

He stared at me for a moment and said, "You're wearing glasses."

I look him in the eye and said, "Well, then... I suppose I didn't lose it."

I smiled and walked off to my dorm, to chill out and watch Dazed and Confused.  He shook his head at the foolish youth that walked on into the dorm.  I swore I'd never smoke pot again.  That is, until a Phish concert a little later.  But that's another story all together.

Bt

Cain Aleksandrovich
Knight Status

#5 Post by Cain Aleksandrovich » Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:00 pm

Incubus came to Nashville a few years ago and me and my friends went to the concert.  Now we were pretty into marijuana at the time, so we started smoking weed and some people koined us and pretty soon we had a stoner section.  So we're enjoying the concert and all and we leave,a nd my friend comes back from a quickie in his van with a few tabs of LSD.  He'd scored them from the girl.  We drove to my house, where he was staying at the time and we started tripping really bad.  We smoked some more weed and drank a few beers and passed out probably within minutes of each other.  It was 4 in the morning by the time we were back.  We slept in his van all morning and woke up shortly after dark, around 7ish PM.  You could still sorta see, as the sun had just been setting and we thought it was 7ish AM.  We started sneaking in the house, trying to be stealthy, but tripping in the garage and knocking over some of my dads screws and nails.  We came in on the family having dinner.  Everyone, including us were like WTF???  SO we told them we had gottend drunk and passed out in his van.

Optimus Crime
Peasant Status

#6 Post by Optimus Crime » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:15 pm

I didn't get it.

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

#7 Post by Vildern » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:29 pm

There is nothing to get, it's not a joke, just a funny story. Don't expect a punch line.

Ghost_Rider
Knight Status

#8 Post by Ghost_Rider » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:08 am

Yep, in order to find these funny you have to try to picture yourself in these situations.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#9 Post by Blackthorne519 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:06 am

"I guess you just had to be there."

Bt

Cain Aleksandrovich
Knight Status

#10 Post by Cain Aleksandrovich » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:22 pm

Anyone ever see the 25th hour?

"Funny you should say that."

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

#11 Post by Vildern » Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:20 pm

"Funny you should say that."
That rocked!  :lol

"Why, what does it remind you of?"

"Nothing, what you said was funny, so - funny you should say it."

"It must have reminded you of something.....  it's a saying!"

New England Patriots
Royal Servant Status

#12 Post by New England Patriots » Tue May 17, 2005 12:04 am

Well Optimous Crime, I'm sure you are used to each thread having some sort of joke.  I found Cain's predicament funny but not something I would want to be involved in.

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#13 Post by Klytos » Tue May 17, 2005 2:57 am

Talking about smoking the happy stick, I had a j night before last. First time I've smoked in must be about 5 years.

So I'm sitting in my lounge room, the football is on the tele and me and my mate are having a good laugh etc. So these two mormons show up at the door, Elder Skipworth and Elder something else, nice guys who've been around a couple of times before. Now, a fair chunk of my family is mormon thats why I'm always nice to these guys, even though they're a little strange sometimes. So we got rid of the weed, and tried to be normal to them.  :lol

So they had this video to watch, and I was thinking that I couldn't handle something like the Life of Joseph Smith video which I've seen about 5 times.

But no, they had this cool video called "The Singles Ward". It's like a mormon teen movie. Damn me, but smoke a j and then watch that movie. I couldn't stop laughing all the way through it. My mate Josh made a joke about all their first names being the same (all the mormon missionary's are Elder this-or-that). It was funny to him.

Man, I don't think I laughed so hard in my life.

TakariFreak
Seto Kaiba Fangirl

#14 Post by TakariFreak » Tue May 17, 2005 5:17 am

There's too many.  Everytime the big family gets together for a holiday (or just because), we always have a good time, and laugh our asses off.  Some of the stories are forgotten by some and remembered by others, but there wil be a few that will go down in history...such as the recent tale when one of my cousins (who is almost 30) learned that his guinea pig as a child was shot by one of his old teachers because it couldn't poop...and the sad thing is, it's a true story.

Another one is on a cruise a few years ago, a friend of the family was so damn facinated that there was a Meat Eagle at the display of food sculptures.