My Firts Drunk post

This is where historically important threads are kept.
Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#26 Post by Alias » Tue May 17, 2005 10:31 am

Well if people never started smoking due to friends pressuring them to do it, they wouldent have a problem giving up. Smoking is unhealthy, thats the bottum line. Not to mention most smokers dont care about were they smoke and how other non-smokers hate the smell of their second hand smoke. People say its just a social activity well, I am pretty sure there are more things to do for fun instead of smoking. I've tried it before because I wanted to see what the big deal was, and it tasted as if I liked an ashe tray, and I smelt like one too, I only tried it once, never again.

My 2 cents.

Jafar
Super Star

#27 Post by Jafar » Tue May 17, 2005 10:51 am

I have no idea what people see in smoking. It's just disgusting and stupid. It pollutes the body and the mind. And the smell is just... :x
I'm also against drinking. It's bad for you, and it's easy enough to act dumb\loony without getting drunk. :p

You only get one chance in this life. Don't blow it.

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#28 Post by Fribbi » Tue May 17, 2005 11:32 am

Will somebody send those drunkards in cold shower now please thank you hehehe. You drunkards are all so weird to me. :lol

I know people laugh at other people behavings when they act like a big fool for them so they can laugh at it especially when they are drunk.

And if that was the big case here Vampyre. Why am I then not laughing at you right now.

Did you really think it would be funny if you could show how you behaviour would be when you are drunk. Was it for your own experience or did just want to make the people laugh at you. I mean if I had done something like this my enemy would probably use it against me. You are a lucky woman now because you don't have any enemy who are trying to make a fool out of you here.  

BTW. I love you too and your husband and of course your little girl.  :o

BTW it would be more funnier if you had sent some proof of you when you was really drunk like a photos or videos or voice clips Muwhahahaha.  :p

VampD3
Queen of the Night and Moderator

#29 Post by VampD3 » Tue May 17, 2005 11:42 am

You only get one chance in this life. Don't blow it.

Exactly, live life to the full and enjoy every minute.

Drinking isn't bad for you if its only every now and then like every 6 months you have a drink or something. It doesn't harm you. Its only if you drink everyday or alot a week, thats when it can get to you. But if you have a healthy Liver than you tend to be ok if its now and then ;)  

Oh and no Fribb's I wasn't trying to be funny. No one really laughs at me when I've been drunk before as I'm not funny when I'm drunk, I'm quite and just more open.

But Klitos and Rugged are right. Rugged doesn't drink but he doesn't go on about it and say how bad and wrong it is, and Klitos is right as most posts I read from Takari is when she is pushing her beliefs or the way she feels onto people. You left the last 2 times Takari as everyone told you it wasn't nice. Its nice to have an opinion just not to push it.   ;)

KKuhlman
The Silent Witness

#30 Post by KKuhlman » Tue May 17, 2005 11:49 am

Jafar wrote:It's just disgusting and stupid. It pollutes the body and the mind.
I agree with smoking being stupid, and polluting ones body, but polluting the mind? Exactly how does it do that?
Jafar wrote:...and it's easy enough to act dumb\loony without getting drunk.
So very true, and its even more fun that way :p
But for some funny reason, people never believe you are sober when you do them..

Da_elf
Knight Status

#31 Post by Da_elf » Tue May 17, 2005 12:23 pm

soul blinder well. if you look at it in the point of view that the brain is responceable for releasing an anti-anxiety chemical and when you start smoking then the brain doesnt need to produce it anymore since the nicoten (forgive the spelling) does that for you. so when you do quit smoking the results are anxiety attacks and restlessness since the brain no longer produces the chemical. however it will kick back in after a while. trust me i know. used to smoke since i was 16, then quit for 2 years. then started back. now im 1 week into quitting again. hopefully for good. (couldnt possibly give up my alchohol though hehe. i live in the caribbean and we love our rum down here)

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#32 Post by Gronagor » Tue May 17, 2005 12:53 pm

Well... coffee does the same thing.

Alias, I started smoking at 23. No pressure. It's easier not to have sex than to stop smoking... and still you get 1000s of unplanned babies born everyday.

KKuhlman
The Silent Witness

#33 Post by KKuhlman » Tue May 17, 2005 12:58 pm

Aye, true, but that still doesn't say how smoking (or coffee :p) pollutes your mind.

VampD3

#34 Post by VampD3 » Tue May 17, 2005 1:08 pm

Alias, I started smoking at 23. No pressure. It's easier not to have sex than to stop smoking
I guess it only works if you want to give up badly. Like if you have a baby on the way and you don't want smoke around. Or you get lung cancer or something. My parents stopped smoking after nearly 25 years of it and it was because they really wanted to. Angelus stopped as well and I helped him.

Alot of things in life are hard but its never impossible. Things that are hard to give up can't be compared but there are things in life equally hard that people have to get over everyday. Mine for example was eating. When I was anorexic for a year awhile ago I had to force myself to eat. You may not see that as being hard but I was terrified of it but I had to do it and I did.

You probably don't wanna give up anyway Gron which is fine its your life. Its easier to do alot of things than give up but thats got nothing to do with it.

Smoking is bad for you, like alot of things but it also makes you smell bad, breath (doesn't matter how many mints) hands, body, hair. Kissing a smoker when your a non smoker is Vile! Not to mention clogging your arteries and cancer and speeding your heart rate up etc etc (not in all cases)

My point is I don't care if people smoke, I personally don't like. It may be hard to give up but there are harder things in life.

TakariFreak
Seto Kaiba Fangirl

#35 Post by TakariFreak » Tue May 17, 2005 2:37 pm

Look, I'm freaking sorry, okay?  I'm glad you had fun, but even the idea of being drunk brings back horrible memories.  I've known 4 innocent people get killed by drunk drivers, one of which was in my neighborhood.  I've stood by unable to help my friend get half beat up by her drunken (then) boyfriend.  And I've practically sexually molested 3 different times by 3 different drunk guys.

So can you see why I don't like drunkeness?  It can lead to dangerous things.  Not everything about it is fun.  And think...every incident could have been prevented from watching alcohol consumption.  While I am well aware that not all people who become drunk do evil things, a few bad apples can ruin the entire batch.  Just look what it can do.  And it's emotionally exhausting to be on the wrong end, let me tell you.

Da_elf
Knight Status

#36 Post by Da_elf » Tue May 17, 2005 2:50 pm

alchohol in itself isnt bad. its the constant abuse of it thats a bad thing

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#37 Post by Angelus3K » Tue May 17, 2005 3:07 pm

Exactly. Its not the alcohol thats bad its the person that makes it bad.

No matter how drunk I would get I would never drive nor beat up someone. So its not drunkeness in general its the person. A person that would beat someone up when drunk is also a person in general who is that way inclined when not drunk aswell.

Handled the right way being drunk isn't that dangerous.

VampD3

#38 Post by VampD3 » Tue May 17, 2005 3:08 pm

Exactly. Its not the alcohol thats bad its the person that makes it bad.

No matter how drunk I would get I would never drive nor beat up someone. So its not drunkeness in general its the person. A person that would beat someone up when drunk is also a person in general who is that way inclined when not drunk aswell.

Handled the right way being drunk isn't that dangerous.

Cain Aleksandrovich
Knight Status

#39 Post by Cain Aleksandrovich » Tue May 17, 2005 4:08 pm

TakariFreak wrote:Look, I'm freaking sorry, okay?  I'm glad you had fun, but even the idea of being drunk brings back horrible memories.  I've known 4 innocent people get killed by drunk drivers, one of which was in my neighborhood.  I've stood by unable to help my friend get half beat up by her drunken (then) boyfriend.  And I've practically sexually molested 3 different times by 3 different drunk guys.

So can you see why I don't like drunkeness?  It can lead to dangerous things.  Not everything about it is fun.  And think...every incident could have been prevented from watching alcohol consumption.  While I am well aware that not all people who become drunk do evil things, a few bad apples can ruin the entire batch.  Just look what it can do.  And it's emotionally exhausting to be on the wrong end, let me tell you.

Hey, TF...  When I was 14, I was nearly beaten to death by three drunk high school seniors.  It was the worst beating of my life, involving several broken bones, some light internal bleeding, and almost two days of lying comatose, not to mention the pain I felt when even moving due to my ribs.  I've nothing against people who drink and get drunk though.  I drink and I don't hate others who drink...  I've been held down and had a cigarette extinguished on me, and yet I don't rail against it.  I smoke and don't hate others who smoke.  The point I'm trying to get across is that you can't judge a mass for the mistakes of a few.

Steffi Evenstar
Defense Minister Status

#40 Post by Steffi Evenstar » Tue May 17, 2005 4:29 pm

alright... i feel that as the board's resident drunk, i need to say something.

yes, i go out and get drunk.  but yes, i'm responsible.  i've never driven drunk.  ever.  if i'm not going somewhere within walking distance, i make damn sure i've got a DD.  if i don't have one, then i don't get drunk.  it's that simple.  

as for smoking, i do it if i'm in a bar, way i look at it, i'm breathing in so much secondhand smoke that i might as well have a cigarette.  i think it's a nasty habit, but, i don't rail on those who smoke.  (unless it's some people i know who do it so that everyone can notice, like, "look at me!  i'm smoking a cigarette!" ... but that's another story for another day.)  

attacking people for what they do isn't going to make a difference in their lives.  if anything, it will piss them off to the point where they don't value a thing you say.  Deb and Chris were responsible, and, let me tell you, the two of them certainly deserved a night out.  none of us have any room to attack each other.  period.  

and that's all i have to say about that.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#41 Post by Gronagor » Tue May 17, 2005 5:39 pm

Hehe! Yeah. If you tell someone "Don't drink" or "Don't smoke", they will do it. No way around that.

I wanted to tell Navy that after his post. Don't ever tell your kids they can't drink or smoke. Just... don't mention it. If you do warn them, eventually they will try it out. That's how the flawed curious human brain works. You know... the "Don't touch that button" phenomenon.

VampD3

#42 Post by VampD3 » Tue May 17, 2005 6:21 pm

Thats so true Gron!!!!!

My parents NEVER told me about not smoking or drugs etc infact they never mentioned it at all to me and Ive never once smoked!!

Steffi Evenstar
Defense Minister Status

#43 Post by Steffi Evenstar » Tue May 17, 2005 6:47 pm

yeah .... my parents threatened both my brother's and my life if we ever smoked, and what happened?  Jason had a smoking habit that lasted for 6 years (and they didn't find out until 5 1/2 years into it), and i smoked off and on for my first two years of college.  it became such a forbidden fruit that for me, as soon as i was away from their watchful glare (and noses), i immediately partook.  true story:  my best friend's dad and brother would smoke in their house, so, when i would go over there, i'd usually come home smelling like an ashtray.  my mom would literally smell my hands, convinced i'd been smoking, and no matter what i'd say, i don't think she'd believe me.  it wasn't until my brother said something about knowing that they smoked that she believed me ... but that's a whole other complex for another day.

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

#44 Post by Vildern » Tue May 17, 2005 6:49 pm

Well, my parents looked after Katherine while me and Chris went out. It was great!!! and I'm very very very drunk!!! I'm still a very responsible parent but my mum is looking after her tonight.

Its about time I had some fun and tonight was gret!!! I love alllllllllllllllllllll you guy s so so very much!! big big kisses to you alll. You all rock so much and thanks for bing my friends!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE YOU ALLLLLL!!!!!!!! kISSEs
Well, as a drunkard, you don't have as nearly mistakes as some of us, when we are drunk....   :p

By the way, we really need more emoticons....

VampD3

#45 Post by VampD3 » Tue May 17, 2005 7:30 pm

You call other people's opinions pollution? You are one sick puppy, aren't you?
I think the point he was making was that Takari tends to push her opinions not just suggest them or talk about it in a civalised way. She always pushes what she thinks and puts people down in the process.

For example I made a post and Takari basically called me a stupid or an idiot of a person as she said "
I don't approve getting drunk.  I don't want to be one of those idiots."
Now that was harsh and a very strong way of pushing an opinion.

All he meant is that my topic turned into a bash about smoking and drinking and Cain was starting another topic. He never said anyone's opinions were polluting he meant people's opinions were polluting the actual topic.

Broomie
The Enigma

#46 Post by Broomie » Tue May 17, 2005 7:35 pm

This is why I fear making a topic out of a good night out at AGDI, someway or another it will all end in heated debate. The "BEST PROM EVER" had me thinking whether I should post it or not as some people may find it offensive. Yet I posted it... and I was right.

That's why I post most of my nights out at IA, I'm not saying avoid AGDI when posting something revelant to abnormal behaviour (drunk posts, getting laid posts... I suppose) as some of the people are a tight edgy about the content they read here, just be careful what you post. If you really feel you want to share your good night but you know it will raise a few eyebrows, post it at IA. </advertisment>

TakariFreak
Seto Kaiba Fangirl

#47 Post by TakariFreak » Tue May 17, 2005 7:41 pm

I have strong beliefs.  You all should know that by now.  I explained my reasoning.  When you life is DIRECTLY AFFECTED 8 times due to alcohol related problems, it's EXTREMELY difficult to see anything but the bad side of being drunk.  It's not just something to do for fun.  It can, has, and will continue to destory people's lives.  Excuse me for being against that.  I've experienced it's destcutive consequences.  And it's very easily prevented too.  Why can't anyone but me see that?

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

#48 Post by Vildern » Tue May 17, 2005 7:43 pm

I was sorry, when your thread took such a turn, Broomie. Personally, I thought that, as you gave a warning and only linked it, it was ok. Hey, you didn't break any of the forum's rules.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#49 Post by navynuke04 » Tue May 17, 2005 7:48 pm

I wanted to tell Navy that after his post. Don't ever tell your kids they can't drink or smoke. Just... don't mention it. If you do warn them, eventually they will try it out. That's how the flawed curious human brain works. You know... the "Don't touch that button" phenomenon.
I can agree with that partially. It's kind of the forbidden fruit syndrome. Right now, I'm keeping them away from smoke for health reasons. I've known a lot of kids brought up around smokers that develop asthma and other lung related diseases. My ex-wife, however, doesn't share my point of view. She will smoke around them. My daughter once said, when I grow up, I'm going to smoke. I asked her why and she said because grown-ups smoke. I told her that I didn't smoke. She said "That's because you are a boy." I pointed out other important female role models in her life that don't smoke (my mom and sisters, etc). I tried pointing out that Mommy coughs a lot, and her house stinks. I think I got through to her, but you never know. My big fear is that she'll see someone who she admires (Mommy, or maybe a teacher) smoking, and decide that she wants to do it too. A lot of people I know that smoke have parents that smoke. Being brought up around it definately affects whether or not you will do it. Not in all cases, but in a lot of them.

Cain Aleksandrovich
Knight Status

#50 Post by Cain Aleksandrovich » Tue May 17, 2005 8:02 pm

TakariFreak wrote:I have strong beliefs.  You all should know that by now.  I explained my reasoning.  When you life is DIRECTLY AFFECTED 8 times due to alcohol related problems, it's EXTREMELY difficult to see anything but the bad side of being drunk.  It's not just something to do for fun.  It can, has, and will continue to destory people's lives.  Excuse me for being against that.  I've experienced it's destcutive consequences.  And it's very easily prevented too.  Why can't anyone but me see that?
Ok, lets count it for me.  My dad used to drink after work which eventually drove my parents apart.  I've known 2 people die in accidents related to drinking and had to listen to one scream as he burned to death, as his legs were pinned under the dash, and no matter what we tried , he couldn't get free. My drinking took away the early driving privledge my parents gave me.  I was beaten near dead by three drunks and was arrested another time for fighting two others away from a friend of mine.  I'm pretty sure I've been molested while drunk(hopefully only by girls), but I'm not complaining.  My experiences near match yours, yet I find it the persons flaw if they floose themselves up.  It's not Phillip Morris Corporations fault I smoke.  Depsite advertisment, and all that crap, it was in the end my decision, and no one forced a cigarette into my mouth.  If a person can't control themselves around alcohol, that is their flaw, not the drinks.