Should you happen to wonder....

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

anathoth8
Triforce Defender

Should you happen to wonder....

#1 Post by anathoth8 » Fri May 27, 2005 8:45 pm

You may or may not have noticed that I have not been around lately. I have returned here, because I want you to know that I am leaving and why. This is not a cry for sympathy. It is what it is and no more.

First a notice: this topic is made in reference to things that were said in bromios' prom thread. I noticed that it has been deleted since my last visit here, so if you did not read it, you will not know what I am talking about. It is not my wish to stir up the dirt of controversy here, but I feel that I need to say this.

I want to apologize to bromios for my comment to him. It was hypocritical to say the least. I am very sorry to have been so blunt. I stand by what I said, but there were certainly better ways I could have said it.

After my remark, I was rebutted by several people criticizing me for my comment. As I stated, this was, perhaps, justifiable. However, some of these comments were rather derogatory toward my religion.

There are precious few things in this life that I consider to be very important. My God and my religion are high on that list. The things that were said hurt me very deeply. It has taken me over a month just to be able to come back here and give voice my thoughts.

Were this an isolated incident, I believe that I would be able to overlook it. Sadly, I do not feel that this is the case. Many of the incidents to which I refer are indirect, but very real, offenses. It has become increasingly clearer to me over several months that these forums and my beliefs are no longer compatible.

So it is with this final message that I take my leave. I wish you all the best that life will bring you. Please forgive me for such an abrupt departure, but I have have spent this last month considering things and I believe that this is the only thing left for me to do. I will not compromise on my principles, and I cannot associate with people that do not respect me.

Farewell.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#2 Post by navynuke04 » Fri May 27, 2005 8:49 pm

I am sorry you feel that way Anathoth. Remember that the voices of few do not necessarily reflect the feelings of many. While we may not all agree with each other, I feel that we all owe each other the decency of respecting one anothers beliefs and opinions.

Perhaps one day you'll come back. If so, until then my friend. If not, farewell. I hope you all the best.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#3 Post by Angelus3K » Fri May 27, 2005 9:13 pm

Anathoth, Deb and I feel your one of (if not most) respected members of this forum!!

Please re-think your decision as you'll be sorely missed, as Navy said dont let the views of the few make your decision.

If you do decide to leave then I must say its been great knowing you  ;)

Broomie
The Enigma

#4 Post by Broomie » Fri May 27, 2005 9:31 pm

Although I could say I forgive you, I also want to say I apologise to. I'm not sure if I made a comment that you may have found offensive, but if I did I am deeply sorry.

That is the past however, Anathoth. I've had my fair share of flames yet I learnt to deal with it. I really don't remember seeing any comments which were directed at your religion, yet anyone who said it should really think about what they said. Although I'm not a Religious person I wouldn't know how it would have felt to have my religion discriminated.

Again, I am sorry that my thread caused you pain, if you could reconsider your decision that would be fantastic, yet all I can say at the moment is, Farewell and I wish you the best of luck in life!

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

#5 Post by Vildern » Fri May 27, 2005 10:18 pm

I'm very sad to read this.

Every day, people degrade others, but primarily, themselves for doing so. Most time, it's not justified, plainly the result of bad behavior. Unfortunately, you feel you are compelled to leave, as of it. It is sad, because what some said to insult you, means nothing, but words. Not more than this, only the words of a few.

But you feel you have a need to leave, there is so much one can take, eventually.

This community loses gravely now.

I wish you all the best.

Yours,
Vildern

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#6 Post by Blackthorne519 » Sat May 28, 2005 12:12 am

I'm glad you love your God and your religion.  That kind of devotion is commendable in a world without values and the decimation of faith.  I, however, am not a man of one faith and I am an equal oppurtunist to tease people - I've been teased, and I do tease.  You have made a bigger raggit over this than needed.  
anathoth8 wrote:There are precious few things in this life that I consider to be very important. My God and my religion are high on that list. The things that were said hurt me very deeply. It has taken me over a month just to be able to come back here and give voice my thoughts.
This topic sounds so ragining familiar, it makes me sad for you. You left in a similar manner before, getting all the requisite "Don't go"'s from the wonderful people in this community.  There IS a lot of good in this community, and the animosity you THINK you feel doesn't really exist.  You have created it by taking a little barb, and crying like a baby, professing that your religion is so strong.  If it's so strong, you say "I'm sorry you feel that way, Blackthorne, but I'm happy and proud to be a Mormon.  And trust me, we can have fun.  I'm Married.  AND LOOK AT NAPOLEON DYNAMITE!" Anathoth, I made a harmless crack.  If your faith in your divinity is so strong, it can survive a harmless barb from someone.  If not, then you need to reconsider how strong your unflapable faith really is, and decided than an anonymous derision over the internet is not enough to offend you.  A belief in God nominates you to feel sorrow and pity for ones you believe to be faithless - but in this situation, I wonder who the faithless and the faithful are.  I know where I stand, and I'm quite comfortable with it and ready to defend my beliefs at all costs.  With ferocity if needed, but most importantly, with humility.

This is for anyone: if you have a problem with a crack I make, talk to me in private.  I may seem aeserbic, but I am actually a reasonable and caring man.  Just talk to me, personally.

Bt

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#7 Post by Klytos » Sat May 28, 2005 2:58 am

Anathoth8, as you know we've had our differences in the past, though they were not of a religious nature as I respect the Mormon faith to about 95%. I'm sorry to see you leaving this community as I think you are an important voice around here and someone who people respect.

You will be missed and always feel that you are welcome around here.

VampD3
Queen of the Night and Moderator

#8 Post by VampD3 » Sat May 28, 2005 10:46 am

I'll miss you loads Anathoth!! You've been around for years same as me and I will miss you. Its such a shame to see a regular go.

I wish you luck in the future!  :) Have fun!

Boogeyman
Knight Status

#9 Post by Boogeyman » Sat May 28, 2005 10:56 pm

If you can tell me who was being degrading, I can turn them into frogs.

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

#10 Post by FatherGhostface » Sat May 28, 2005 11:09 pm

Well speak of the Devil...and I mean that.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#11 Post by Blackthorne519 » Sat May 28, 2005 11:31 pm

Boogeyman wrote:If you can tell me who was being degrading, I can turn them into frogs.
Well, if perchance you'd READ THE ENTIRE THREAD, you might have a clue.

Bt

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#12 Post by Angelus3K » Sun May 29, 2005 8:33 am

Hmm I don't even know what a Morman is!! I'll have to google that.

Broomie
The Enigma

#13 Post by Broomie » Sun May 29, 2005 11:13 am

1. An ancient prophet believed to have compiled a sacred history of the Americas, which were translated and published by Joseph Smith as the Book of Mormon in 1830.
  2. A member of the Mormon Church. Also called Latter-day Saint.

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#14 Post by Klytos » Sun May 29, 2005 11:57 am

White shirts, wear big black name badges. Call each other Elder <INSERT SURNAME HERE>

Play basketball a lot. Also ride pushbikes.

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

#15 Post by Vildern » Sun May 29, 2005 3:10 pm

In order to learn more about Mormons, watch the movie: "Latter Days", staring Wes Ramsey.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Farewell

#16 Post by Brainiac » Mon May 30, 2005 5:52 pm

You shall be missed, Anathoth, but if you can, don't leave over a few acerbic remarks.  Misunderstandings are rife in this world and so few people ever try to work things out, preferring to pull back and let their anger and resentment fester.  Do be one of those; air your grievances and find peace with all.

I hope you return, Triforce Defender. :D Adiós, mi amigo.