The Animals!

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

The Animals!

#1 Post by FatherGhostface » Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:31 pm

Personally, I think we should all take an effort to save the ANIMALS! Don't you all think it's mean and cruel the way humans treat them? Animals were on the earth before us! Then we came and the humans decided to kill them for their clothes, and mount them on the walls and made them into meat pies! Ugh! It's so savage! I hate it! Dogs a man's bestfriend...don't think so! Humans only think the animals don't matter or don't care becuase their not humans! Yuck! If I have children I'm going to make sure they become Vegetarians becuase I'd rather not raise meat-eaters. And I'm eating Veggie Burgers from now on! And why is it when Humans are killed , the FBI and the cops think it's so bad and worth investigating but when an animal dies it's not that bad and it's not worth investigating for! That makes me sooooooo angry! And it also makes me mad when humans involve animals in their cruel jokes! Especially chickens! What is it with them and chickens! I hate that soooo much! Stupid humans! Some humans kill animals for fun! And some humans kill animals becuase they think animals have no meaning to live, who ever said the animals had no right to live! They were here before us!!!!!!!! And who ever said humans have a right to decide if animals can live or die? Humans can't decide that! They have no right to decide for the animals weather they live or die! If you agree with me on what I said then reply here becuase I'm sick of Animal Abuse! This is their world, not ours!  >:  |I

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#2 Post by Blackthorne519 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:10 pm

We are the sentient and overlording species.  We have teeth called canines that are used for the ripping and tearing of flesh.  

Accept your place and destiny, and live in harmony with the world by eating and using animals.  You can eat and use animals and still respect them.  The Native American tribes used to honor and respect the Buffalo as it fed, clothed, nourished and provided other wares for the people.

Vegetarians are sanctimonius and pretentious people who have no idea what true harmony with nature is.

Bt

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#3 Post by navynuke04 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:20 pm

Is it bad when one animal kills another?

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

#4 Post by FatherGhostface » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:24 pm

I refuse to believe animals deserve to die! >:

rosel1
Knight Status

#5 Post by rosel1 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:28 pm

I understand your frustration.  I have very often said that I prefer animals to humans (animals don't start wars).  I also believe that if someone can deliberately torture/kill an animal; they can very easily do the same to people.  

My family has rescued many abandoned and abused animals.  

That said--I am not a vegetarian.  However, I do respect those who decide to go vegan.  
Last edited by rosel1 on Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KKuhlman
The Silent Witness

#6 Post by KKuhlman » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:29 pm

[sarcasm]Shouldn't we also stop eating plants, after all, they were here before us.. Hell, without them, we wouldn't survive at all![/sarcasm]

There is nothing wrong in killing animals if its needed to keep yourself and others fed and alive. Nature just works that way. Even animals do it. But I don't agree with killing them for sport, just for the fun of it.

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

#7 Post by FatherGhostface » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:46 pm

Gee, I really appriecate you making fun of me you flatfaced poser of a Soulblighter! But I'm too busy saving animals! So if you don't mind, I'm going to stop the abuse that it expressed toward a innocent cow! My god! I'm trying to do something you all are being very unsupportive! Humans are everything I hate... >:

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#8 Post by Erpy » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:51 pm

AGD1's actually a vegatarian...whenever we visited a restaurant, she usually ordered veggie burgers and veggie wraps. (just before I took the plane home, I had her order me a veggie wrap and it WAS quite tasteful)

I think her motivations are just a form of expressing her love for animals. There's very little pretentious about it.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#9 Post by navynuke04 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:51 pm

I think you may have a few issues to work out, FG...

Da_elf
Knight Status

#10 Post by Da_elf » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:58 pm

shouldnt things like this go under the rants topic. since it is more or less a rant. Basically i figure on a forum in an off-topic section this is usually a good place to discuss things that are related to why we are all here. sierra games, games in general, computer stuff maybe. who knows what else. however topics which express point of views are always dangerous since peoples feelings get hurt when they realise that this world of a couple billion people actually has the possibility that there are 1 or 2 people out there with conflicting views on things. If someone posts their view on something its utterly stupid for them to get angry that someone out there opposes ,makes fun of, or dismisses their view.

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

#11 Post by FatherGhostface » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:00 pm

That's great Erpy!  :D

And what do you mean I have issues? Do you mean to say you think I'm crazy? If you did you better apoligise! That was terribly mean Navynuke!

KKuhlman
The Silent Witness

#12 Post by KKuhlman » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:28 pm

Don't get me wrong FG, I love animals and nature. I eat animals, but I've also given shelter and food and care to four, and left food for nearby animals during the winter when its scarce. Its not much but if you take, you give.
And I agree with Navy, you seem to have some issues to work out..

Heimdall
Peasant Status

#13 Post by Heimdall » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:41 pm

I subscribe to the school that says 'Eat them before they eat you'...and those cows have been watching me for some time... :p

adeyke

#14 Post by adeyke » Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:54 pm

You haven't really answered navynuke's question.  Is it bad when one animal kills another?

Predators live by killing and eating other animals.  If their prey "doesn't deserve to die," does that mean that the predators deserve to starve to death?  Furthermore, predators control the size of the prey population and weed out the sick and weak ones.  Without a predator to keep them in check, the prey population would grow big and unhealthy.  Is that a good thing?

Mind you, cruelty to animals is a very serious matter.  That would include inhumane conditions for livestock.  So I find it laudable that someone would be a vegetarian or vegan because of that.  However, I don't think that it is fundamentally wrong to eat animals.

JWar
Knight Status

#15 Post by JWar » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:19 pm

I'm right there with you FG, I hate those bastards that molest animals. I mean, don't you hate it when you see people bleeding the weasel, burping the worm, choking the chicken,  flogging your dog, floggin the frog, flogging the hog, looping the mule, pounding the flounder, pumping the python, roping the pony, spanking the monkey, teasing the weasel, and tossing the turkey!

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

#16 Post by FatherGhostface » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:20 pm

You haven't really answered navynuke's question.

I don't have to answer his question, you can't tell me to.

Pidgeot
Defense Minister Status

#17 Post by Pidgeot » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:46 pm

No, but since it's a perfectly valid question, not answering it shows you are not willing to debate about this, or don't give a **** what other people may think. If this is the case, you should not have posted this on a forum, particularly not in a thread of its own.

Broomie
The Enigma

#18 Post by Broomie » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:59 pm

You are acting very immature about this, FG. If you wanted to start a debate about cruelty to animals, you have to have a good way of discussing it, and not comments such as "I don't need to listen to this" or "Why should I answer your question."

Navynuke did ask a very valid question, which I think you should have a go answering.

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

No!

#19 Post by FatherGhostface » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:24 pm

...................NO!

Heimdall
Peasant Status

Re: No!

#20 Post by Heimdall » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:28 pm

FatherGhostface wrote:...................NO!
Out of curiosity...are you twelve?

Pidgeot
Defense Minister Status

Re: No!

#21 Post by Pidgeot » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:35 pm

FatherGhostface wrote:...................NO!
No what? No, you won't answer, or no, you don't think it is bad? If the former, I think I see what Navy meant by issues.

rosel1
Knight Status

#22 Post by rosel1 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:35 pm

Animals kill other animals because they are:

A) Hungry or
B) Scared

Humans kill animals to:

A) Make money
B) Get their fur/skin/tusks concides with the above
C) For blood-sport
D) For food (there are many families who depend on hunting to bring food to the table).

That said...I'm all for moderation.  Saying you hate people for not conforming to your beliefs is not a very good approach to a debate, and I think that's what Navynuke meant when he said you "had issues".

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#23 Post by Klytos » Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:02 am

I applaud your strong beliefs here FG. I don't agree with you, but if you want to live your life as a tree-hugger, more power to ya!

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#24 Post by Blackthorne519 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:47 am

Erpy wrote:AGD1's actually a vegatarian...whenever we visited a restaurant, she usually ordered veggie burgers and veggie wraps. (just before I took the plane home, I had her order me a veggie wrap and it WAS quite tasteful)

I think her motivations are just a form of expressing her love for animals. There's very little pretentious about it.
I love animals too.  In fact, I've owned many in my life - they've been wonderful companions and I'm glad they decided to accept me in their life.

I however respect the chain of nature and the way the world works.  I don't approve of explotation of animals for cosmetic reasons (Makeup testing, clothing) but for food and in some cases medical research, I think it's necessary.  

No doubt vegetarian food is good; I enjoy it a lot because I have a varied palate.  But to deny what you are is pretentious.

Bt

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#25 Post by navynuke04 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:57 am

Erpy wrote:AGD1's actually a vegatarian...whenever we visited a restaurant, she usually ordered veggie burgers and veggie wraps. (just before I took the plane home, I had her order me a veggie wrap and it WAS quite tasteful)

I attempted to eat one of AGD1's frozen veggan TV dinners. It was...  ... less than good. ;)