Meeting the Coles

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

oriel
Royal Servant Status

#26 Post by oriel » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:24 am

No, allow me to retort:

You broke into a private residence, took pictures, and then posted the pictures as well as your full testimony that you indeed trespassed, all on a public web site.

I hope you guys don't do routines like this often.

Peace

trystero
Peasant Status

#27 Post by trystero » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:39 am

oriel wrote:No, allow me to retort:

You broke into a private residence, took pictures, and then posted the pictures as well as your full testimony that you indeed trespassed, all on a public web site.

Peace
It's cool man, don't worry, that's my house, and I gave them full permission to take those photographs, urinate on my lawn, and use my grill for cooking the ancient veggie burgers that were in my fridge.  They weren't up for skinny dipping, though, and left before I could break out the Sinatra, which kinda broke my heart, but all in all, it was a good visit.

oriel
Royal Servant Status

#28 Post by oriel » Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:28 pm

trystero wrote:
It's cool man, don't worry, that's my house, and I gave them full permission to take those photographs, urinate on my lawn, and use my grill for cooking the ancient veggie burgers that were in my fridge.  They weren't up for skinny dipping, though, and left before I could break out the Sinatra, which kinda broke my heart, but all in all, it was a good visit.

Yeah, and I'm sure that Franko, Tyrone, Jaliloqui, Tron, Lysol, Red, Bubba, and Daleroy would be happy to welcome the AGDI team into their holding tank and share all the etiquette of being the weakest links in the prison system.

Nerds!

Broomie
The Enigma

#29 Post by Broomie » Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:54 pm

Oriel, I really do not get you. First off, you're a complete moron. Secondly, I really doubt you would get arrested for taking a picture. So what if they climbed a gate, if I wanted a picture of Ken and Roberta's old house and there was a big gate in the way I'd try to get a decent picture by climbing it. The paparazzi do that type of thing everyday, you rarely see them thrown into jail for trespassing. I may be wrong but I don't exactly do any research on paparazzi so I don't really care. And saying Ken and Roberta aren't as great as Lori is a pathetic thing to say. Would Lori and Corey even be here today if it wasn't for Ken + Roberta? If you're going to make a point, at least have a shred of decency towards it and not have to call them "nerds."
Last edited by Broomie on Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#30 Post by Erpy » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:26 pm

We didn't climb the gate. The gate was just there to block cars from getting onto the driveway, but a path next to it allowed pedestrians to enter. We simply walked past the gate, walked onto the driveway until we got into a position for a good shot, took a few pictures of the house and lake and walked back to our car. Had someone caught us doing so, we would have explained the situation. Please stop arguing for the sole sake of arguing.

(p.s: Brooms, please try to avoid resorting to name-calling when countering someone's arguments.)

Broomie
The Enigma

#31 Post by Broomie » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:39 pm

Sorry Erps, people like that just annoy me. I've been quite stressed this week aswell.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#32 Post by Blackthorne519 » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:48 pm

Oriel has a minor point.  Kinda weird.  Shrine and hero worship, a little freaky sometimes.

Bt

oriel
Royal Servant Status

#33 Post by oriel » Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:26 am

I find it isn't prude to reenact a game.  Any game.  It would have been productive to break into the gate if AGD was putting a creative spin on QFGII (which by all means they should, even if it takes more time) as opposed to simply releasing better graphics and sound.

Let me just reitterate my point and give two parallel examples:

James Dallas Egbert III

The Columbine Massacre

----------

Allow me to just retort to my last point.  On a serious note here, you met and hung out with the source, the original two who wrote these fantastic games.  What would they have changed to QFG II if they could go back and remake it?  Erpy, what I'm getting at here is, why not follow what they would have done?

Oriel

Relight
Archival Expert

#34 Post by Relight » Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:05 am

You guys should know by now that AGD1 likes to embellish her stories.

I believe that QFG2 is highly regarded and that it was almost as the Coles intended. There were some small things that they didn't fit in, and as previously mentioned somewhere (don't ask me, I don't remember), I believe there may be a surprise or two in our remake. But adding further to the game would be an insult to the original.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#35 Post by Gronagor » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:32 am

oriel wrote:Leave your fantasies with the game.

Damn punks!
Oriel
Hehe! And that coming from a snot-nosed student.  :lol

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#36 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:40 am

Oriel: FYI, There were also some goon guards that had to be blackjacked on the way in. Then, there was this symbol that we had to push into the gate and turn it in order to get it to open. It was really cool when we found that the front door was locked and we had to climb up the window and break in that way! Fortunately, Lori thought to bring a grapnel and rope with her. There was also a blackbird inside which we 'borrowed'. But it was very hard to sneak around wearing a cape (an exact replica, fashioned after the EGA hero's cape in the original Hero's Quest).

We actually had some major qualms about bringing a contemporary item such as a camera into the residence in order to take photos, because cameras didn't exist back when QFG was set, and doing so would have tainted the real-life game experience and probably lost us some honor points. It was a bit taboo, but  we ultimately decided it was reasonable to break this one little rule.

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#37 Post by Klytos » Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:56 am

oriel, you are a tit.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#38 Post by Blackthorne519 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:36 pm

Relight wrote: I believe there may be a surprise or two in our remake. But adding further to the game would be an insult to the original.
Yeah, I don't believe anything needed to the game.  That game still plays amazingly today.  The biggest things that annoys me is the alley system, so I can't wait to see what AGDI has done for that.  Who knows what random surprises they contain.

Bt

oriel
Royal Servant Status

#39 Post by oriel » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:17 pm

Anonymous Game Creator 2 LOL that's what I'm talking about!

Keapon Laffin
Peasant Status

#40 Post by Keapon Laffin » Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:29 pm

Bravo, it is always great to hear how the Coles are doing, glad you could meet them and share experiences :)