The 'How was your day' thread!

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Heimdall
Peasant Status

The 'How was your day' thread!

#1 Post by Heimdall » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:36 pm

Went trawling through the previous pages and couldn't find this type of thread, but apologies if I missed it.

So, how was your day?  Do anything interesting?  More work/study/fighting off hulking necrotaurs with nothing more than a toothpick, a picture of Estonia and a smile?
Today I studied more for my exam on Friday, about 7 hours worth, so I'm feeling a little spaced out now.  :rollin  Apart from that, it's been a pretty quiet day, although I'm really looking forward to having this final exam out of the way so I can spend more time gaming, playing guitar and enjoying some time with friends before I start work.  So, overall, I'm feeling exhausted, but successful! :D  How are you guys feeling?

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

#2 Post by Vildern » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:41 pm

What a great idea for a thread!  :D

Today, I watched with friends the movie "Big Fish". Boring. It is still recommended for you drama fans :)

Later, I went to see the doctor. Boring.

It was not a day that unusual, dare I say :p

Perhaps, tomorrow will be a better day...

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

Welll

#3 Post by FatherGhostface » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:52 pm

I finished work for a few people who are making a computer game but I wont say anymore.

I also had some delicious Ice Cream Cake which I had gobbled up in 10 minutes, a new record! I love cake! :D

Pidgeot
Defense Minister Status

#4 Post by Pidgeot » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:16 pm

I documented a parser I wrote for a simple programming language invented by my teacher. It's part of the project we currently have at school.

A simple program, using all functions available in the language, would be something like:

Code: Select all

program
{
  variables a, b, c }
{
  read a;
  read b;
  c=a*b;
  write c;
}

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#5 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:16 pm

I wrote and presented a play at school today. If anyone would like to read this one page comedy I can post it here if you ask. other than that I learned about how interesting frogs are to Ecology seeing as they move up the food chain so drastically... OH I finally get Parents in 3 days! somebody make me a counter, after a full month of no parents I can start living again under someones thumb and maybe than I'll change my clothes.

Awesome thread btw It's even better than my thread asking about scars (which died in a matter of 1 week) *starts carving a thread tombstone*

Broomie
The Enigma

#6 Post by Broomie » Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:33 pm

Vildern wrote:What a great idea for a thread!  :D

Today, I watched with friends the movie "Big Fish". Boring. It is still recommended for you drama fans :)
Take that back! I loved Big Fish! I do have a soft side to me, but I've been a fan of all of Tim Burton's work. I didn't catch onto Planet of the Apes however.

6/6/05: - Okay, my day. Had a nice lay in, woke up at 10pm and studied for my science exam which was 3 and a half hours later. Took my exam, found it very easy, realizing I knew alot more about science than I thought I did. Got home, did some work on Fanventures. Watched Blade Trinity and then logged on here to see if there was any new threads.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#7 Post by Blackthorne519 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:01 pm

I woke up this morning; put the finishing touches on an article for a local paper.  Sent it to my editor.

Edited my script LAID; trying to pare down the pages a bit.  At 120, it seems a bit long, but in recourse, I'd rather have more there to film than not enough.  A movie comes together in editing, anyway.

Talked with my friend/producing partner about raising funds, and trying to decide if we should just buy a Panasonic DVX100A and a computer system to edit on, thereby starting a small independant film production company.  Talked about rich friends and relatives to hit up.  Yay.

Spoke with a team member on IM about our projects, and spoke with a friend about his remake.

Had lunch with my friend Jessica; it rained like crazy.  Gale force winds, and then, as quickly as it came, it disappeared like doughnuts at a Policeman's Ball.  The sun came out; all was well in New York again.

Went to the bookstore; bought a new book.  Visted an old friend at her job, talked for a bit.

Came home, wrote this.

Kind of boring.

Bt

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Personal opinion

#8 Post by Brainiac » Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:18 am

My day was not too great; no major developments in my experiments at the lab, high temperatures with high humidity making me quite annoyed and lethargic, and to top it all off, I have to go back to the dentist tomorrow after having my semiannual checkup barely a week ago as I cracked a molar over the weekend; a full quarter of it is hanging loose.  Couldn't even enjoy lunch because of it...sigh. :(

Ah well, there's always tomorrow. :)

Ghost_Rider
Knight Status

#9 Post by Ghost_Rider » Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:52 am

My day was a little boring, but satisfying.

I finished a report that has been ongoing for the past month or so.  Late last week finally got all the right information together, and made a nice overview.  Was boring and frustrating to put together, but looking at the finished product is great.  Gives me a better understanding of what I'm up against, which is always good.  Know your enemy!   :D    Ok, so is that boring, or what?

What else... well it's hot as hell, and I think I'm going to melt pretty soon.  Oh yeah, on my way in to work, one of my windshield wipers came loose and nearly flew away.  Fixed it when I got home.  That was the exciting part of the day.   8o

Well, at least I have ball hockey to look forward to tomorrow!

Steffi Evenstar
Defense Minister Status

#10 Post by Steffi Evenstar » Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:54 am

my day ... well, i worked on getting my room back in some semblance of order, got more stuff set aside for the mad packing of tomorrow, hung out with my best friend, drove 30 milse to chill with some other friends, now back here, getting ready to go nuts .... i get on the plane to move to CA in 32 hours.  HOLY SHIT!

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#11 Post by Angelus3K » Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:27 pm

My day, looked after Katherine and played on PS2 then went to work came home eat then slept  :)

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#12 Post by Klytos » Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:14 pm

Today I had a sitdown with the manager of a local community television station about the documentry series that I've been creating. Had lunch on his account, which was great, and discussed the libel that the station will probably get for airing one particular episode we've written. Decided to go ahead anyway because it's the truth and we'll probably get some great advertising out of a lawsuit.

Met with a major sponsor for the show and filled him in on everything planned (except the above episode). Left the meetings feeling very good about the whole idea. Recorded an interview with a state politician for the series, went back to studio and looked at the raw footage.

Went for a jog around the local leagues club training ground (very close to home) and kicked a few balls. Got kicked off the field by the team wanting to train. Watched the training. Got some kicking tips from the goal kicker. Still suck at kicking. Jogged another few laps. Went into Leagues club with a couple of players I know through my former job and had a couple of beers and talked about the great game of Rugby League. Met a guy who's a second-string player for the team who I discovered I used to go to church with when I was growing up. Had another beer with him. Got him to introduce me to some of the big-names I hadn't met before. Went home and had shower, and went into the city to go DVD shopping.

Bought the second half of season 1 of Angel (great show), and the final season of Stargate SG1 (okay show, but needed to complete the collection). Found a $5 bin and bought 3 old Adam Sandler movies (Punch Drunk Love, Best of Saturday Night Live and Anger Managment). Bought the holy grail of comedy, John Safron Vs God, which is the greatest series ever made. Went home and cooked myself a roast pork and some potato's. Ate the food and watched 6 episodes of John Safron. Laughed a lot when he dressed up in Mormon type gear and doorknocked salt-lake city at 9am on a Saturday morning to tell the residents about Atheism.

Watched the OC. Love that show, I don't know why. Did 30 situps to help me to my new years goal of getting a six-pack. Talked with Angelus on MSN for a while. Wrote this.

Da_elf
Knight Status

#13 Post by Da_elf » Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:43 pm

today i built a building in 3d, created the parking lot for it and now im doing some test renders of it. kinda boring stuff really

Broomie
The Enigma

#14 Post by Broomie » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:02 pm

Today I did my Maths Exam, that was surprisingly easy aswell. Dude, I'm on a role!

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#15 Post by Alias » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:21 pm

I did some archery today, Looks like you all can call me Robin Hood because Im bloody good.  :D I also decided to play a hour of tennis.

Came home, checked emails, talked to MSN guys. Tried to get Half Life Opposing Force to work and no luck, steam is the biggest ass in the world.  :p

Worked on some art, finished drawing some war helmets and a few oil and paint blend paintings.

Later I made some BBQ chicken, rice, and some steamed veggies.

Now I posted this.

Pretty boring day I'd say.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#16 Post by Angelus3K » Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:46 pm

Today, got up, had breakfast watched Eastenders with Deb, woke Katherine up. Health visitor came over to check on Katherine. Then Deb went to work and I spent the afternoon looking after Katie, took her for a walk then when she slept played Shadow of Rome on PS2 and spoke to Klytos on MSN.

Then Debs mam came home and took Katie out for another walk, played more PS2 and spoke to Alias and Broomie on MSN.

Currently just finished dinner and typing this whilst listening to the new Coldplay album "X and Y" which is GREAT btw  ;)

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#17 Post by Alias » Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:49 pm

Is the new album release?!  I love Coldplay to bits, they seem to be the only decent English band, them and Keane. Are they British?  :lol

Khaveen
Defense Minister Status

#18 Post by Khaveen » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:50 pm

Alias wrote:Is the new album release?!  I love Coldplay to bits, they seem to be the only decent English band, them and Keane. Are they British?  :lol
Hey, you mean Franz Ferdinand ain't cool?  :evil

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#19 Post by Blackthorne519 » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:40 pm

No lie, I woke up this morning, and I peed for two and a half minutes of urination pleasure.  I know this may seem slightly sick, but when your kidneys don't function well, having a good piss is excellent.

I went to the doctors office; got a shot of Epogen.  I'm anemic, Epogen helps my body build red blood cells.  It makes me feel groovy, AFTER it makes me feel groggy.  Weird.

I took a nap to let the Epo take effect; talked to a friend of mine who is a professor, we discussed jointly teaching a class on the history of film.  I was so excited, I almost moved.  But then I fell back asleep.

Woke up, went to see "The Longest Yard".  Funny flick.  Got home, read emails, got an assignment from the local paper.  I have to cover a fluff story about a local farm that raises racing horses, and runs a self-help facility on the same grounds.  Nothing like sweaty horses and crazy people for a good time.  All this place needs is a one-eyed old dude, carrying a shotgun and riding a lawnmower.  Then it would be my favorite place on Earth.

Plunked onto the internet, wrote this drivel, and thought of ways to eviscerate my favorite miscreant, Quest For Glory Fan.  Then I remembered that the poor sod is Canadian, and I took pity on him.  Then I remembered that I liked Canada, so I figured I'd send him a box of Tim Hortons to say I'm sorry.

Then I wrote a love letter to Klytos; but I threw it away.  I get too shy, nervous.  I mean, what would he say; what if he doesn't like me, what if he's otherwise engaged.  I put my heart into a corner, and decide to write a hate mail to Erpy.   It starts out as hate mail, but in the midst of my anger I realized: I love that man.  Not like I wanna have little Nash's with him, but that "damn, do I appreciate him."  So I wrote a hate mail to Cain (Which is always easy) and I wrote a dirty letter to Steffi (Which is always fun) and finished writing this.  Whew.

Bt

Khaveen
Defense Minister Status

#20 Post by Khaveen » Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:24 pm

Nice day. Passed an exam, only one final exam left to do. Rest of the day spent preparing for the last exam and chatting with friends.

I intend to meet the sunshine approximaly in half an hour.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#21 Post by Angelus3K » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:50 am

Alias wrote:Is the new album release?!  I love Coldplay to bits, they seem to be the only decent English band, them and Keane. Are they British?  :lol
The album came out Monday but I had it already last week  :)

Excellant album, I just cant stop listening to Speed of Sound.

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#22 Post by Alias » Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:16 pm

How did you get it so soon?

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#23 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:48 pm

I still haven't gotten my Tim Hortons BT... WHERE ARE THEY!? don't make me pull you out of the sig. I'd do it right now but I can't think of another one... maybe a currently playing sig but stupid Angelus beat me to it! Anyways back on topic to Tim Hortons, I was walking to school today and was runny pretty late, also living alone I don't eat very much at all so I passed one of our many Tim Hortons (I'm in Sault Ste Marie and we have 9 Tim Hortons! That's more than Toronto) and I was so thinking about getting one of those big sandwichs they have but I was running late and I was stil set on going in there when I thought "DAMNIT DUDE YOU'RE ADDICTED"so I slapped myself in the face and kept walking down the street away from the evil Gypsy magic known as Tim Hortons. 40 years of family? More like 40 years of evil caffeine magic.

Anyways today I walked to school hungry around lunch time  :lol and only made it for my afternoon classes which were a snore and now I'm just sitting here on MSN pretty lonely and talking to my gf about how crazy her ex is OH how I hate this topic, well some things just need to be done  |I

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

New fan art!

#24 Post by FatherGhostface » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:23 pm

Today I finished some new fan art from KQ4, it's Lelotte, I got the idea from Sleeping Beauty from the villian Malecifent or whatever it her name is.

Jafar
Super Star

#25 Post by Jafar » Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:22 pm

Whoa! Now THAT'S evil! Great job!