Is AGD1 hot?

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

oriel
Royal Servant Status

Is AGD1 hot?

#1 Post by oriel » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:56 am

She has the slender look, and nice long hair, but the face says alot.

I'm wondering if she's a buttaface:

http://www.howardshrine.com/howardshrin ... _fugly.jpg

She also has an earring on her left cartilage, i hope that doesn't mean she's a dyke, but doesn't look like likely.

Erpy!  Comment Comment!

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#2 Post by Erpy » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:29 am

While this is against my better judgement, you and your raging hormones are adviced to search Adventuregamers.com for a feature story about E3. There's a short piece about us in that article. And a picture.

Or you could visit Himalayastudios.com.

(I don't think that was an earring, btw.)

oriel
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by oriel » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:21 am

What year did you attend E3?  I went in 2002, and could have gone this year as well.  If I'd had known you guys would be there, I would have looked out for you and bought you beer.  

Did you have a booth for ADGI or Himalaya?

Oriel

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#4 Post by Erpy » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:30 am

No, we were just visiting and yes, we went this year. We're not in the budget class for a booth there. We simply did some demonstrations for those Adventuregamers reps in one of the lobbies.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#5 Post by navynuke04 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:57 am

If you are talkinga about the pic of them with Corey, that would be a button on Erpy's shirt...

I really don't think you phrased your questions in an appropriate manner. She could easily take offense at your comments. Be more considerate in the future.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#6 Post by Erpy » Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:07 pm

Actually, the Dragonfire pin was on my shirt in the photo with Lori. (since she's the one who gave them to us)

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#7 Post by Blackthorne519 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:00 pm

Good lord, Oriel.

I'm dubbing you "Purveyor of Controversy" here.

Bt

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#8 Post by navynuke04 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:24 pm

Erpy wrote:Actually, the Dragonfire pin was on my shirt in the photo with Lori. (since she's the one who gave them to us)
I meant the kind of button that keeps your shirt closed... ;)

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#9 Post by Erpy » Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:04 pm

To return to the original question...Jim Katic, an ex-QFG5 programmer who took the photo in the Coles' home certainly thought AGD1 was striking. We know this because he blatantly said so after taking the picture. On a not-so-unrelated note, Jim WAS capable of verbalising his thoughts and remaining gentlemanly at the same time.

Last edited by Erpy on Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Broomie
The Enigma

#10 Post by Broomie » Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:16 pm

In other words... yes she is "hot!"

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#11 Post by navynuke04 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:43 pm

Well, she certainly is the most attractive Anonymous Game Developer I've ever met. Sorry AGD2. ;)

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#12 Post by Erpy » Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:51 pm

And that includes the honorary AGDs. Sorry Navy. ;)

Broomie
The Enigma

#13 Post by Broomie » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:22 pm

If I joined AGDI, I think the competition would rise heavily for the sexiest member. ;)

oriel
Royal Servant Status

#14 Post by oriel » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:44 pm

Erpy, let's not rule out that this Jim character may be some perverted 40 year-old who sees a girl in her 20's and gets hot and bothered like so many other men approaching middle-age.

Yeah, she's hot from the picture but I don't know how programming chicks are (personality wise) since the majority are more or less homely.

But she's cute.

<<---------------->>

Worry not, young Erpy.  One day you shall have enough fame and power to afford yourself both a booth on the second floor and some tastey booth-babes to go along with it.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#15 Post by Erpy » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:01 pm

Erpy, let's not rule out that this Jim character may be some perverted 40 year-old who sees a girl in her 20's and gets hot and bothered like so many other men approaching middle-age.
Hehehe. 40 would be a compliment. We estimated him in his 60's, actually. But it seemed simply a compliment, rather than some flirting attempt.
Yeah, she's hot from the picture but I don't know how programming chicks are (personality wise) since the majority are more or less homely.
I don't know about "programming chicks" in general, but AGD1 was very pleasant to be around, as far as I was concerned. (but she's more into art than into programming)
Worry not, young Erpy.  One day you shall have enough fame and power to afford yourself both a booth on the second floor and some tastey booth-babes to go along with it.
I doubt it. AGD1 has objections to the use of sex appeal as a marketing tool in general.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#16 Post by navynuke04 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:10 pm

Erpy wrote:I doubt it. AGD1 has objections to the use of sex appeal as a marketing tool in general.
How do you explain Al Emmo? That guy gets all the ladies. ;)

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#17 Post by Gronagor » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:36 pm

Interesting. I thought this thread would attract a post from her. She's been VEWY quiet.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#18 Post by Blackthorne519 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:50 pm

Are you kidding?  That girl is EXTREMELY self-concious about the way she looks.

Bt

oriel
Royal Servant Status

#19 Post by oriel » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:15 pm

You know, I found it quite ridiculous upon going to E3 that all the big hitters would have models dressed up like characters out of their games, only with slight variances to make them look a little swankier as if it was a high-rollers strip club in the red light district.  

Take for example, they had a Lara Croft look-alike in the Eidos booth, while Verant had a woman dressed like the EverQuest babe: http://www.gamenavigator.ru/pub/gallery ... ox1703.jpg

I mean, after all, this isn't a Playboy convention, it's not a Super Bowl celebration party, it's not backstage at a rock show - it's "Video Games," probably the antithesis of sex and debauchery.  Anyhow, I soon got a headache from all the overkill advertisement at the show and left looking no different than a hours worth of commercials (free t-shirts, etc.)  

Erpy, if you and your team ever make it, which I think you deserve to, you'll need to use sex appeal at shows if you want to competitively draw attention from the press.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#20 Post by Erpy » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:22 pm

If that's a BDD-reference...she eventually got over it.
Erpy, if you and your team ever make it, which I think you deserve to, you'll need to use sex appeal at shows if you want to competitively draw attention from the press.
I guess it makes sense for most companies, since most video games' audience is the typical male teenager/adolescent. But adventures also tend to appeal to an older audience and female gamers.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#21 Post by Blackthorne519 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:18 pm

Erpy wrote:
If that's a BDD-reference...she eventually got over it.
Yes, that is a BDD-reference, and I was being sympathetic to it.  We can all deal with our various syndromes, but you never completely get over them.  Anyone who tells you that is trying to sell you something.

Bt

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#22 Post by Klytos » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:28 am

I can't believe people bother to "rate" girls they've never met or are unlikely to. It's a little sad really.

Milan Easton
Ruler of the Castle

#23 Post by Milan Easton » Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:50 am

Been directed to this post.

-Like to focus on my talents and what positive I can bring into the world.
-Never been suffering from lack of dates.
-Am not self conscious of appearance.
-Am firm believer any disorder can be overcome with appropriate time, effort, and treatment.
-Also believe any dog can be trained--some better than others.
-Was asked by SOE to apply to be Everquest character model for Antonia Bayle.
-Have no problem using sex appeal in games or marketing, and include sexy female characters in games.  Although, I think that a game should be good enough to sell it based on other qualities and merits.
-Have been asked by several modeling agencies, including NEXT, to model.
-Have done modeling on side of game making.
-Do not enjoy modeling--too much of a tomboy who enjoys games and creating things (and I'm too hyperactive to stand still for that long! Besides, I like making things happen and taking action, not just standing there).
-Hear that I've got a very nice, friendly, open, fun personality and am smart.  Most people say they are surprised I'm so nice and intelligent, and would think I would be more stuck up.
-Hear most frequently I look like Angelina Jolie.
-Take pride in my service and friendship more than appearance
-Feel it's superficial to judge others based on appearance and do not take part in this (unless I'm comparing friends to comic book characters, hehe)
-Gotta get back to working on game.

Thanks!

Anonymous Game Developer #1

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#24 Post by Blackthorne519 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:07 am

So... you're sayin' you're pretty cool?  You go girl.

Bt

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#25 Post by Gronagor » Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:17 am

Nice to see a post by our fav developer. But... can we really believe it was her?  :p