Any updated info on QFGII Release Date?

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

belal
Peasant Status

Any updated info on QFGII Release Date?

#1 Post by belal » Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:31 pm

Hey everybody. Anyone heard anything or have any updated info on whether or not QFGII is getting close to release? I'm playing through all the QFG games again and I'm getting close to passing QFG I. I'd like to import my character directly into AGD's kick-butt remake. So, anybody have any more detailed info than somewhere around mid 2005? Thanks guys and AGD, you rock!!

Charlemagne
Canadian Pundit

#2 Post by Charlemagne » Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:45 am

I've been wondering the same thing myself. Maybe it's time someone nominated the game for the Wired News Vaporware Awards. :lol :p

Cain Aleksandrovich
Knight Status

#3 Post by Cain Aleksandrovich » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:40 am

Didn't you guys get the memo?  AGDI never actually intended to release QFG2VGA.  It was meant to be practice for their future project and a little private thing for them to play.  Somehow, word got leaked out that they were making it, and people started expecting it.  They've been yanking our chains these last few years, so don't get your hopes up.  No crime there though, is there?

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#4 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:28 am

what a butt hole that cain is but seriously the game will be finished when it is finished. I had the same idea as you. beat the first one and direct VGA import? that was last July. It'll be ready in time.

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#5 Post by Klytos » Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:31 am

Cain rocks.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#6 Post by Gronagor » Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:13 am

Hmmm... I never even thought of that possibility, Cain. You may have a point. What a conspiracy!  It's even better than our SSS-one!! You gotta take your hat off for them. They've played this one well!!

Cain Aleksandrovich
Knight Status

#7 Post by Cain Aleksandrovich » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:27 pm

Hey, what else could it be...

Skyshark
Knight Status

#8 Post by Skyshark » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:45 pm

Could be a diversion from the QFG1SVGA game that they're secretly working on... :p

Cain Aleksandrovich
Knight Status

#9 Post by Cain Aleksandrovich » Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:08 pm

or the QFG4V2.0 remake they're doing...

Paradox
Peasant Status

#10 Post by Paradox » Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:47 pm

QFG2VGA will be released before mid-2005.
Well, seeing as how this is the second time they missed their release date, a conspiracy isn't out of the question. Hopefully the third times the charm. Although there's always hope they've been in secret beta testing... not. I'm not bitter, really I'm not.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#11 Post by Blackthorne519 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:16 pm

I don't care, as long as they release it before I die.  Which could be sooner, than later.

Bt

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#12 Post by Kurdt » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:05 am

Paradox wrote:Well, seeing as how this is the second time they missed their release date, a conspiracy isn't out of the question. Hopefully the third times the charm. Although there's always hope they've been in secret beta testing... not. I'm not bitter, really I'm not.
They don't really give deadlines, dude. If you got that from the main site, you obviously skimmed over the "we really don't know but if you won't leave us alone there could be a slim possibility that it could be released by this time but don't hold your breath because we'll work on it til it's good enough to release so hold on you impatient wino" part. If you got that anywhere else, you were told a boldfaced lie.

On the bright side, look at it this way...

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#13 Post by Blackthorne519 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:11 pm

Quoteth The QFGIIVGA Information Page @ www.agdinteractive.com wrote:QFG2VGA will be released before mid-2005. A more specific estimate is not available because we must assume a lengthy beta testing process according to the complexity of this game. Within the next couple months, we'll go into alpha which will signal the end of development. At that point we'll have a fully playable game from beginning to end (with all 3 character classes) ready for internal testing, so technically we will finish the game this year, as predicted, but it won't be released until next year.
When they wanna tell you something, they will!  So hold your breath, subservient peon - and wait for the might that is Quest for..... Glory!  Two.

Bt

Cain Aleksandrovich
Knight Status

#14 Post by Cain Aleksandrovich » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:55 pm

Let's all stop deludeding ourselves and come to terms with the fact that QFG2VGA is NOT going to come out. Ever.  

Now, stand up. Stretch, notice the ass groove in your chair and make a mental note to get another one.  Walk out of your room and see if you still even own the house anymore, and if so, go find something to eat that is non-perishable and has stood the test of time that you've been on the computer.  Check your mail, to see that loved ones hate you, your family has died, your dog is overdue for a bunch of rabies shots, and your home is being repo'd tomorrow.  Now scurry around and try to repair your life as best you can.  Don't you just love the world wthout computer?  

See, there actually are things beyond sitting at a computer waiting for Vaporware.  Let's go try some now!

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#15 Post by Fribbi » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:11 pm

I have a deep question to you all.

1.  Let say if AGDI had never wanted to make another game after KQ2VGA. Would you still like to come back and visit on this website  daily here?

2.   What is your other reasons for always visiting this site other than waiting                                                                                                                                                                                                                             for the Quest for Glory 2?

Charlemagne
Canadian Pundit

#16 Post by Charlemagne » Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:43 pm

Fribbi wrote:What is your other reasons for always visiting this site other than waiting for the Quest for Glory 2?
Well....
FatherGhostface wrote:Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-you know what? Uh-uh!

I don't drink.

And who ever said that didn't gross me out! Drew Barrymore hanging from a tree with her insides on the outsides, YICK YACK YUCK!!!!!!!!!
FatherGhostface wrote:BLAAAAAAAAA!!! YAY! ME GOT NEW AVATAR! Just like you get new computer. :p
I'm here for the stimulating, intellectual discussions. :lol

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#17 Post by Gronagor » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:28 pm

Why're people still hanging around in old-school-Sierra fansites. Don't know. Probably hopeful thinking. If Cain's right, we're already hanging around like a bunch of fools.

Let's face it... all we've seen was some nifty desert screens, and one or two interiors. They feed us one pic a year just to keep bringing us back. (Don't forget the nice April Fool jokes, and other goodies)

Heck... now that I think about it, how do we know either AGDI, IA, Hero6, KQ9, Solar Crescent or any of the other projects will be releasing anything... ever.

El_Listo
Royal Servant Status

#18 Post by El_Listo » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:34 pm

I come here for the nice people. I have fun reading your posts.

Adventurer
Peasant Status

re

#19 Post by Adventurer » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:04 pm

I have to say its pretty surpriseing how much work it takes to make a Quest for Glory game. Poor Hero6 I remember 5 years ago when team members would announce that the game would probably be out in a year. I think AGD will definately release Quest for Glory 2 vga before Hero6 ever gets something out, but man does it seem to be a time consuming process.

It would probably help if there were an engine specifically designed for that type of game, but the problem is its a action/rpg/adventure game combined into one thing so its pretty tricky to get that to all work together. Sierra was truely cutting edge when they did the originals.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#20 Post by Blackthorne519 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:39 pm

Gronagor wrote: Heck... now that I think about it, how do we know either AGDI, IA, Hero6, KQ9, Solar Crescent or any of the other projects will be releasing anything... ever.
Heh.  I can say I've played one or two of the products on that list.

And from my experiences making games, I can say it DOES take quite a bit of time.

A little more current info WOULD be nice; it'd be nice to know how Alpha testing is going - if beta-testing is close (not even an exact date, but close as in 3-4 months) or any other info.  It just seems very quiet lately; the last journal update was about a trip, not the game.

Bt

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#21 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:23 am

glad to see I wasn't the only one slightly dissatisfied with that journal however neat it was. I hope Alpha is announced soon. I don't even think I'd bother with Beta currently as I have a whole bunch on my plate. Well heres hoping *raises glass*

*Edits out dissasisdied*
Last edited by Quest For Glory Fan on Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#22 Post by navynuke04 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:18 am

Progress is still being made on the game. I guess you could say it is a "pre-alpha" stage, where it is being tested by programmers to iron out any major bugs before the rest of the team gets it. As far as I know, I don't think there is any "major" scripting left to be done. Right now it's a matter of polishing up what is there. The last bug list I saw was pretty big, but it is being worked through. Just have patience.

While you're waiting, you could buy a dictionary and read it. Hopefully you won't be too "dissasisdied".

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#23 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:29 am

Ouch I think I was just inuslted by an AGD!

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#24 Post by navynuke04 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:21 am

;)

Cain Aleksandrovich
Knight Status

#25 Post by Cain Aleksandrovich » Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:42 am

Progress shmogress!  Talk is cheap!  As they liked to say at the last place I was employed(in security): "Juden, work! Schnell!"