The 'How was your day' thread!

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Charlemagne
Canadian Pundit

#76 Post by Charlemagne » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:23 am

Klytos wrote:My stupid flatmate decided to start playing his techno crap at 7am.
Hey, what's wrong with techno? It's the second best kind of crappy music! (The best kind of crappy music is, of course, disco. :))

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#77 Post by Alias » Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:02 am

Dont bad mouth Techno...

tEh techIE Musac is da bestest!!!111!!1 :p

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#78 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:54 am

Charlemagne wrote:
Klytos wrote:My stupid flatmate decided to start playing his techno crap at 7am.
Hey, what's wrong with techno? It's the second best kind of crappy music! (The best kind of crappy music is, of course, disco. :))
The all time crappiest has got to be rap. If I could make millions shouting about pushing my mother down the stairs though I'm sure I would do it to.

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#79 Post by Klytos » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:51 pm

Don't get me wrong. I don't mind techno or dance music. The only time it is allowable at sparrow's fart is when I've just got home from the clubs and I'm still buzzed.

Ghost_Rider
Knight Status

#80 Post by Ghost_Rider » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:03 am

Klytos wrote:Don't get me wrong. I don't mind techno or dance music. The only time it is allowable at sparrow's fart is when I've just got home from the clubs and I'm still buzzed.
What, may I ask, is "sparrow's fart"?   :lol

Quest For Glory Fan wrote:The all time crappiest has got to be rap. If I could make millions shouting about pushing my mother down the stairs though I'm sure I would do it to.
Yeah, I hear you.  I really don't like "gangsta rap" at all.  The old style rap was alright.  I'm mostly into metal, and I like music where the vocals are really someone singing... not screaming, or shouting.  

Some vocals for metal are pretty awful too.  Sounds like a dog choking on a chicken bone.  That's not music... it's just noise.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#81 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:39 am

I'm more alternative myself but I absolutly hate Metalica only because they killed Napster. it was so awesome. Was I the only one turning off the sound on Diablo I so I could listen to ACDC and Red Hot Chilli Peppers instead? but no stupid metila crap had to ruin it

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#82 Post by Alias » Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:36 am

I agree Rap is the worst, the most amusing thing is that people can't even rap properly.  :lol

Jafar
Super Star

#83 Post by Jafar » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:05 am

I just listen to video game music...... 8o

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#84 Post by Angelus3K » Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:28 am

I like almost anything but prefer Hip/Hop.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#85 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:57 pm

hip hop is only a step above rap in my books but it's understandable that Angelus likes it because he's

HARDCORE! and tottally kicks ass in general. Props to the Angelus and may his soul shine a bright light on others for ever and ever.

Klytos

#86 Post by Klytos » Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:14 am

Ghost_Rider wrote:
Klytos wrote:Don't get me wrong. I don't mind techno or dance music. The only time it is allowable at sparrow's fart is when I've just got home from the clubs and I'm still buzzed.
What, may I ask, is "sparrow's fart"?   :lol

Sparrow's Fart means when the sparrow first starts chirping in the morning. So daylight, or the break of dawn. Use the expression with my blessings...  :lol
Last edited by Klytos on Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Music and Membranes

#87 Post by Brainiac » Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:47 am

Jafar wrote:I just listen to video game music...... 8o
That actually ties into my day today.  I checked the Video Games Live website today and noticed the new concert tour schedule they posted.  The tour is coming to Cleveland, Columbus, and Cincinnati (closest to me).  Nice to see the Ohio C's are covered. :D

Unfortunately, work was a bit disappointing.  The recombinant cell cultures I made failed to replicate, basically throwing a large amount of work down the drain.  I found out there were extra restriction sites in my DNA constructs, so I basically destroyed what I made before it could be integrated properly.  Back to the drawing board on Monday...

Da_elf
Knight Status

#88 Post by Da_elf » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:07 pm

ahhh :) what a nice relaxing long weekend i just had down at my beach house :) its been about a month and a half since i was there last so i was in need of some good R&R. naturally alchohol was involved at night but during the day the weather was so nice i couldnt help but just have fun. beach hosue is on the left side of the image you can see a little green cottage poking out of the trees on that hillside. i know its not on the beach meaning its not exactly a beachhouse but hey. its close enough to just walk down the hill :p hehe
http://www.elfpro3d.com/Cattlewash.jpg

Skyshark
Knight Status

#89 Post by Skyshark » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:13 pm

Nothing much happened today for me. I was mainly waiting for someone to ring me back about a job I applied for (rang her ysterday and she said she was sick, saying she'd ring me back today, but she didn't).

It still feels strange being back home, after spending 3 and a half months out in the middle of practically nowhere. Almost tempted to move out somewhere if the right opportunity presents itself.

Jenkins Loo
Royal Servant Status

#90 Post by Jenkins Loo » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:18 pm

Today, I was trying to finish studying correspondence accounting but that heat isn't encourging and exhaust myselfand my house doesn't have thermal isolation. I barely manage to sleep, I breath hot air outside, the nights doesn't seem to be refreshing at all... I just keep complaining about that killing summer...

Klytos

#91 Post by Klytos » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:41 pm

Today I woke up. (Hey it's only 7:40am...)  :D

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#92 Post by navynuke04 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:58 pm

Hmmm... what happed today?

I awoke to find that my car had a flat tire. It took a little while to change, which made me late for work.

On three separate breaks, I bought a drink from the vending machine. I put the money in the machine and hit the button. All three times, it gave me two drinks. Others tried the same machine, but only got one drink. Keep in mind that these breaks were several hours apart from each other. One of the supervisors wanted me to pick lottery numbers for him.

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

#93 Post by FatherGhostface » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:23 am

Well, I annoyed my sisters, then my nieghbors, then my friends, then ate cake, then annoyed my sisters, and then annoyed my parents, then annoyed you guys, and now I'm talking to THE KNIGHT ON AIM! That's right, I'm talking to him right now! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :evil

Klytos

#94 Post by Klytos » Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:32 am

I walked up to the shops, which are about 150 meters up the road, bought some chicken soup and some bread. Walked home cooked my soup, buttered some bread. Ate and drank said soup. Now I am totally buggered.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#95 Post by navynuke04 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:39 am

Heh... as I was leaving work yesterday, I bought another drink and got another free one. That's four times in a row.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#96 Post by Blackthorne519 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:08 pm

navynuke04 wrote:Heh... as I was leaving work yesterday, I bought another drink and got another free one. That's four times in a row.
Dude, that's freaky.

Bt

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#97 Post by navynuke04 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:31 pm

When I got to work this morning, there was a technician working on my favorite vending machine... no more good luck for me. :(

Klytos

#98 Post by Klytos » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:59 am

I like this thread, so I've decided to bump it back up with the exciting world of me!

Last night I watched the worst display of football I've ever seen, then I went to bed. I woke up every 10 minutes with some lovely person ringing me to tell me my team had lost. Well no shit sherlock. I did watch the game.

Today I started at my proper time of 0730am for my new job. This is the best job I have ever had. So easy and I already know how to do the job and I've only been there two days. Love it! I also discovered that there are about 50 young ladies on my floor at work! Yay! Oh and my desk sits next to the Coke machine. I was sitting at my desk today, reached over while still sitting down, popped my money in the machine, got my Coke and change and didn't get out of my seat. That is so cool. And there's a McDonalds within 3 minutes walk of work. I love my new job. And it pays $3000 more a year than my old one at the crappy bank.

Heimdall
Peasant Status

#99 Post by Heimdall » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:08 pm

I'm back.  'Sup?  :smokin

Klytos

#100 Post by Klytos » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:48 am

Heimdall wrote:I'm back.  'Sup?  :smokin
Not a lot.