London Bomb Blasts

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

NO!

#26 Post by FatherGhostface » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:39 pm

NO! I'm not leaving! I was going to but that would I would let the bad guy win. Just becuase I'm a kid does not mean I'm an idiot! I care for the lives of both animals and people, and if that makes me an "idiot" Alias, then BOY AM I AN IDIOT! Now your little combacks and rude things you say aren't getting, you put someone down becuase they're younger than you. Well let tell you something, I, Charlie Richard David Shields am stronger than you think, so stick that in your crap filled cake ya NASTY!! I'm not leaving! And El Listo, what the heck is a arses? Okay, sorry people. Back to the topic. I think the bombing might have been a suidcide bombing. Just a thought, who ever did it obviously didn't think or care about those poor people.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#27 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:42 pm

Arse is ass, but Alias is being both.
Last edited by Quest For Glory Fan on Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

Well..

#28 Post by FatherGhostface » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:48 pm

Lol! So I have second thoughts about it being a suicide bombing, why would someone go to all the trouble of making a bomb just kill themselves?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#29 Post by Erpy » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:55 pm

Because the main idea wasn't to kill the bomber, but all those around him. A bit of a silly question if you don't mind me saying. That said, train bombings aren't always suicide attacks. It's easy to "accidently" leave your backpack in the railway car when leaving. In rush hour, nobody's going to notice and you can detonate the thing from a large distance.

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

OH dear!

#30 Post by FatherGhostface » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:58 pm

Oh my! Well I knew I was wrong as usual.  :p

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

#31 Post by Vildern » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:03 pm

Klytos wrote:I don't think I'll see it written better than than Bromios. Damn these fucking terrorists. I've been watching BBC World and CNN for the last two hours and I just sit here in total amazement at the pure evil on display here.

Give me a break. Have you been slumbering for the past 50 years? It's nothing new, then why the fucking amazement? It's been constantly happening for decades.

So 30 out of 70,000,000 Brits died. Try to compare it to 1,000 out of 5,500,000 Israelis, who died in the same way.

El_Listo
Royal Servant Status

#32 Post by El_Listo » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:07 pm

Erpy wrote:It's easy to "accidently" leave your backpack in the railway car when leaving. In rush hour, nobody's going to notice and you can detonate the thing from a large distance.
Talking by experience Erpy?

Broomie
The Enigma

#33 Post by Broomie » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:41 pm

Vildern wrote:
Klytos wrote:I don't think I'll see it written better than than Bromios. Damn these fucking terrorists. I've been watching BBC World and CNN for the last two hours and I just sit here in total amazement at the pure evil on display here.

Give me a break. Have you been slumbering for the past 50 years? It's nothing new, then why the fucking amazement? It's been constantly happening for decades.

So 30 out of 70,000,000 Brits died. Try to compare it to 1,000 out of 5,500,000 Israelis, who died in the same way.
Vildern, I see what you're trying to say, but it's completely different. No offense but when people read news of attacks in Israel, it's nothing new to the people of the UK, USA ect. Yet when it happens so unexpectedly it shocks the world. My uncle actually happened to very close to the bombings and it was by God's miracle he wasn't hurt.

It's new for us, we haven't had a terrorist bombing in years. We weren't expecting anything. In Israel, occurances similar to what happened today are expected in Israel due to it's conflict with Palestine and other countries. I really am abit shocked on your take on the situation Vildern, I respect the on going conflict in your country and wish it to stop. I don't just say, "Oh, it's only another country" I feel sorry for the people who have to go through this torment so often.

We don't, so when something like this happens it's terrible. I was hoping you would have a little more respect Vildern, as I do with other people affected by terrorist attacks around the globe.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#34 Post by Blackthorne519 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:51 pm

Look, I have issue with death-tolls and mourning too.  It always sucks when there is collateral damage - but nobody's is any "worse" than anyone elses.  9/11 was a tragedy; The London Bombing were a tragedy, and the hundreds of incidents of terrorism in the Middle East are a tragedy.  I don't want to hear this stuff of "we have it worse" from anyone.

No one should have to suffer under such acts, but it will happen.  
Bromios wrote:No offense but when people read news of attacks in Israel, it's nothing new to the people of the UK, USA ect. Yet when it happens so unexpectedly it shocks the world. My uncle actually happened to very close to the bombings and it was by God's miracle he wasn't hurt.
 This can come across like saying that the deaths in Isreal don't matter?  When 9/11 happened, my good friends brother was working in tower 2.  He made it out.  Many didn't.  I mourn their loss - just as I mourn for victims in Isreal.  Do they not have families?  Friends, Relatives who will grieve at their death?  Is their innocent collateral damage deaths any less important because it "happens far away and often?"  No.... any attack anywhere is inexcusable.  I would be so culture-centric to glaze over other's death, greiving, fear and anguish.  There is only one line drawn in the sand, and it reads human.  Yeah, Broomie is right - the media will focus on great tragedies in one area, and act like it's normal in another.  That's messed up.

Bt

Broomie
The Enigma

#35 Post by Broomie » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:36 pm

Blackthorne519 wrote:Look, I have issue with death-tolls and mourning too.  It always sucks when there is collateral damage - but nobody's is any "worse" than anyone elses.  9/11 was a tragedy; The London Bombing were a tragedy, and the hundreds of incidents of terrorism in the Middle East are a tragedy.  I don't want to hear this stuff of "we have it worse" from anyone.

No one should have to suffer under such acts, but it will happen.  
Bromios wrote:No offense but when people read news of attacks in Israel, it's nothing new to the people of the UK, USA ect. Yet when it happens so unexpectedly it shocks the world. My uncle actually happened to very close to the bombings and it was by God's miracle he wasn't hurt.
 This is like saying that the deaths in Isreal don't matter?  When 9/11 happened, my good friends brother was working in tower 2.  He made it out.  Many didn't.  I mourn their loss - just as I mourn for victims in Isreal.  Do they not have families?  Friends, Relatives who will grieve at their death?  Is their innocent collateral damage deaths any less important because it "happens far away and often?"  No.... any attack anywhere is inexcusable.  I would be so culture-centric to glaze over other's death, greiving, fear and anguish.  There is only one line drawn in the sand, and it reads human.  

Bt
London rarely experiences attacks like these, that is why there is such a controversy about it. These are not my words though, this is the media approach to it. Today, you saw alot of new casts and every channel was broadcasting information about this attack. When something as big as this happens in Israel, it's just a few lines on the news, a news correspondant who says a few lines about the attack and then back to their latest story. Which in my opinion is quite shocking.

I do agree with Vildern though, attacks in Israel are much more serious then today, yet the media just treats it as just another attack in a another country, which I find disgusting. Yet the truth is, attacks in Israel occur so much, the public just see something they've seen before. Then London experiences it itself and it's completely new.

As I said, this isn't what I think, this is the truth. In no way would I see the deaths in Israel not mattering, every life matters and it's shocking to see our world like this.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#36 Post by navynuke04 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:14 am

My heart goes out to all those affected. I was in Oklahoma City when the Oklahoma City bombing happened back in '95. It was a big deal back then, but I rarely hear about it today outside of the Oklahoma City area. It is still a big deal to us, rather the rest of the world focuses on it or not. I guess it's kind of the same thing. Because it is happening so far away, it doesn't get the attention that it should. I agree with what BT said. These acts of violence are inexcusable, whether they happen here or there, whether 10 people die, or a 1000.

Charlemagne
Canadian Pundit

#37 Post by Charlemagne » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:52 am

Bromios wrote:London rarely experiences attacks like these, that is why there is such a controversy about it. These are not my words though, this is the media approach to it. Today, you saw alot of new casts and every channel was broadcasting information about this attack. When something as big as this happens in Israel, it's just a few lines on the news, a news correspondant who says a few lines about the attack and then back to their latest story. Which in my opinion is quite shocking.
Rarely? What about the dozens of IRA terrorist bombings in the 70s and 80s? Of course, I also add my condolences to anyone here who has been affected. Regardless of the location or circumstances acts of terrorism are always shocking and horrific to civilised people.

Boogeyman
Knight Status

#38 Post by Boogeyman » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:56 am

navynuke04 wrote:My heart goes out to all those affected. I was in Oklahoma City when the Oklahoma City bombing happened back in '95. It was a big deal back then, but I rarely hear about it today outside of the Oklahoma City area. It is still a big deal to us, rather the rest of the world focuses on it or not. I guess it's kind of the same thing. Because it is happening so far away, it doesn't get the attention that it should. I agree with what BT said. These acts of violence are inexcusable, whether they happen here or there, whether 10 people die, or a 1000.

Would Angelus, Vamp and Katherine be affected since they live in the U.K?

Skyshark
Knight Status

#39 Post by Skyshark » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:00 am

My uncle's ok, so my family are relieved.

Still tragic, though.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#40 Post by Blackthorne519 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:35 am

Boogeyman wrote:
Buddy, The U.K. is a country; the bombings happened in London - they live in Newcastle.   There's quite a distance; however the effect is the same as a person living in Florida being scared by the NYC 9/11 attacks.  It's unsettling.  They weren't in any immediate danger from the London bombs, but terror ripples shockwaves.

Here's a Map to help familiarize yourself with the island.

Bt

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

#41 Post by Vildern » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:42 am

Bromios wrote: I really am abit shocked on your take on the situation Vildern, I respect the on going conflict in your country and wish it to stop. I don't just say, "Oh, it's only another country" I feel sorry for the people who have to go through this torment so often.
Oh, no, no, no, no, no. The attack in London was just as terrible. I do not look it as something unimportant, just because it happened far away. It was shocking, and the news here were covering it all day long.

What I do find laughable, is the following reaction by some people: "I was amazed how evil some people can be". Like, what the hell? Were you born yesterday?

Yeah, you can be amazed it happens in a peaceful place like London, but how can one be amazed how evil others can be when it's the 1,000th time such a thing happens?!?!

Like, wake up!

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#42 Post by Klytos » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:04 am

Vildern wrote:
Bromios wrote:What I do find laughable, is the following reaction by some people: "I was amazed how evil some people can be". Like, what the hell? Were you born yesterday?

Yeah, you can be amazed it happens in a peaceful place like London, but how can one be amazed how evil others can be when it's the 1,000th time such a thing happens?!?!

Like, wake up!
I'm amazed that anyone could plant bombs who's sole purpose is to kill innocent people. Who gives a fuck if I've seen it a 1000 times over the past few years? That doesn't make it any less horrific or shocking. I, and most other people, have lived through these terrorists attacks happening in the past 5 years. New York, Washington, Bali, Madrid, and now London. If you consider this sort of thing normal then I feel sorry for your pathetic little life.

I have a lot of friends in London some of whom I still haven't heard from. So sue me for being surprised, shocked and amazed at what has happened.
Last edited by Klytos on Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

#43 Post by Vildern » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:59 am

Klytos wrote:
I'm amazed that anyone could plant bombs who's sole purpose is to kill innocent people. Who gives a fuck if I've seen it a 1000 times over the past few years? That doesn't make it any less horrific or shocking. I, and most other people, have lived through these terrorists attacks happening in the past 5 years. New York, Washington, Bali, Madrid, and now London. If you consider this sort of thing normal then I feel sorry for your pathetic little life.

I have a lot of friends in London some of whom I still haven't heard from. So sue me for being surprised, shocked and amazed at what has happened.

Geez, Klytos, this is really low, even for you. I'd be a real idiot, if I seriously addressed it.

You're not a 12-year-old-kid, right?

VampD3
Queen of the Night and Moderator

#44 Post by VampD3 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:01 am

No we weren't any where near the bombings, we live about 4 - 5 hours away by train. But yeah it still effects us in a big way, its very unsettling and puts you on edge.

Vil, klitos:- Its always a shock and it always gets you amazed at how evil people can be, it doesn't matter wether its happened once or a million times it will continue to shock most people like it did the first time it ever happened.

Its more a shock when you get these sort of attacks here in the UK as it is rare we get one if at all so it makes more of an impact as no body is expecting it. I don't know but I would expect that in Israel or other places you expect to hear a bomb or hear of deaths but here in the UK you just don't. You go about your lives and don't ever think a bomb would go off near you.

Vildern isn't a jackass for haveing his own opinions! Can you imagine how hard it would be for him? he lives around bombings and people's deaths for most of his life so its nothing new to him. He has had to learn to deal with it and the terror. So obviously he is going to be saying things like "its nothing new" or "Theres evil all around us everyday have you just relised" Maybe he should have phrased it better but still.

Its like if everyday there was a bomb going off in the UK or USA and people died, and then someone from India posted about a bomb and how he was amazed, we would be the same, as we would have to live with it everyday. We would stilll be upset for them and be amazed it happened but on the other hand we would still be like "Well, it happens here everyday"

I can totally understand where Vil is coming from just as I can with you Klitos as every person who dies or every bomb that goes off is just as scary, hurtfull and amazing (in a bad way) as it is when it is only the first time.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#45 Post by Angelus3K » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:08 am

That was a low blow Klitos, real childish.

I can certainly believe that people are that evil just look at all the atrocities that happend during all the wars and battle's the world has seen during its time.

Thats all Vildern was getting at.

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#46 Post by Fribbi » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:19 am

I sense here too much of anger in this thread.  :eek

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#47 Post by Erpy » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:46 am

This is why we usually prefer to avoid loaded topics...too often, it results in namecalling. Since this IS a shocking event that people probably want to exchange thoughts about, I'm keeping it open for the time being. But not if this kind of thing repeats itself.

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#48 Post by Klytos » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:31 am

Okay that was a little rude and juvenile, I'll admit that. Maybe I should have elaborated in more than three words.

I find it hard to put into words how much I just don't understand the mentality of people who would commit such an act as this. It amazes me every time it happens (and Vamp is correct in pointing out that I mean amazing in a bad way). Just because it happens in other parts of the world on a regular basis doesn't make it any less tragic or sad. And that is all I was saying in my original post which was flamed.
Klytos wrote:I don't think I'll see it written better than that Bromios. Damn these fucking terrorists. I've been watching BBC World and CNN for the last two hours and I just sit here in total amazement at the pure evil on display here.
What I get offended at is the following comment which tells me that the lives of Israelis are worth more than the lives of the Brits who died, on the simple assumption that terrorism happens on a more regular basis in Israel than in other parts of the world.
Vildern wrote:Give me a break. Have you been slumbering for the past 50 years? It's nothing new, then why the fucking amazement? It's been constantly happening for decades.

You've also gone ahead and made the assumption that I don't care about the Israelis who have died in similar circumstances. Well you'd be wrong. Just because I didn't mention them doesn't mean I don't care, it just means that the point of this thread was to talk about this situation in the UK.

Broomie
The Enigma

#49 Post by Broomie » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:43 am

Charlemagne wrote:
Bromios wrote:London rarely experiences attacks like these, that is why there is such a controversy about it. These are not my words though, this is the media approach to it. Today, you saw alot of new casts and every channel was broadcasting information about this attack. When something as big as this happens in Israel, it's just a few lines on the news, a news correspondant who says a few lines about the attack and then back to their latest story. Which in my opinion is quite shocking.
Rarely? What about the dozens of IRA terrorist bombings in the 70s and 80s? Of course, I also add my condolences to anyone here who has been affected. Regardless of the location or circumstances acts of terrorism are always shocking and horrific to civilised people.
Yes Charlemagne, rarely. It hasn't happened for years, so that would be mean it rarely happens anymore. You get what I mean.

I just found out how close my uncle actually was to the bombings, he doesn't work on London Underground but he works on the train stations, I'm not quite sure where he was but it's great it wasn't affected.

Also, my brother appeared to be in London yesterday aswell, yet again thankfully nowhere near the blasts.

No but I was, I mean when you wake up thinking how many of my family members and friends could have been in London at the time of the blast, I can't help but feel terrible, the bombings were very close to me. ;) Look at this map of where I live.

Let life goes on, that is what we have to tell the terrorists, they won't win.

LucasFan
Royal Servant Status

#50 Post by LucasFan » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:12 pm

Klytos wrote:It's important to remember that these bastards won't win.
"One is left with the horrible feeling now that war settles nothing; that to win a war is as disastrous as to lose one." -- Agatha Christie

When I saw the dead children of Beslan I thought "Let's just bomb these damn terrorist to hell." Then I watched a program about Grozy and had to realize, that there's nothing you could take them away anymore. How often could you bombard the ruins of a house? What can you do if you already killed all their friends and families? Terrorists are the soldiers of the poor, weak and hopeless. Their problem is that they can't afford nice aircraft carriers, tanks and cruise missiles to kill the civilians of their enemies. And in the end it doesn't matter if you die in a tube of London or a bunker of Baghdad. If we really have to fight somebody, we should start with the murderers in our own reigns.