HAPPY 4TH OF JULY TO ALL!

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

#26 Post by FatherGhostface » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:31 pm

GASP!!!!!!! Take that back!!

1eyedParrot
Knight Status

#27 Post by 1eyedParrot » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:44 pm

Blackthorne519 wrote:
1eyedParrot wrote:I spent the weekend of the 4th in New York, the view from Battery Park was good but the fireworks only lasted 20 minutes. I was disappointed.
You were in New York, and you didn't call?

That's it: you're no longer my Internet Boyfriend!

Bt
I was going to call but I forgot the KY. Sorry man.

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#28 Post by Klytos » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:50 am

Quest For Glory Fan wrote:Whatever you say gay hater.
Is someone (by someone I mean a moderator) EVER going to actually give this guy a smack around the head for comments like that? I recall being edited / deleted for a lot less than that not too long ago.

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

Yeah!

#29 Post by FatherGhostface » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:40 pm

Yeah! His accusation towards me (which isn't true, my parents told me it's just love and I respect it trully) was completely uncalled for.  :(

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#30 Post by Blackthorne519 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:00 pm

He was joking around; he was not really implying that you are a homophobe.  Relax.

Frankie sez Relax, don't do it.  When you wanna come.  

Okay?

Bt

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#31 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:43 pm

If my post was serious then Bt is a selfless woman who loves wearing tou-tous. I will add a winking face for your viewing pleasure.

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#32 Post by Klytos » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:47 am

I just don't see the need to take pointless pot-shots at FG every chance you get.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#33 Post by Blackthorne519 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:09 pm

Klytos wrote:I just don't see the need to take pointless pot-shots at FG every chance you get.
Yeah, seriously man.  It's like hunting two-legged deer.

Bt

Da_elf
Knight Status

#34 Post by Da_elf » Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:56 pm

i say the macys fireworks show on TV quite..whats the word im looking for...dissapointing i think is a good word. hehe. afterall its supposed to be the famous 4th of july fireworks. Personally i prefer the fireworks competition they have every year in Hull (across from ottawa) (thats in canada) hehe. now those are some impressive fireworks. but then again what do you expect when you invite the best fireworks companies from around the world to compete.

fluxmaster
Knight Status

#35 Post by fluxmaster » Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:18 pm

Da_elf wrote:isnt it strange that most countries have an independance day that we celibrate on a specific day. however america has a specific day that they celebrate on their independance day. (we usually say "happy independance day" here not "happy 30th november") are there other countries that use the date rather than the term independance day??
In the Republic of China, national day falls on October 10, and the official name of the holiday is "Double Tenth."  I don't believe that there is any alternate name such as "Independence Day."  The holiday celebrates a revolt in 1911 that lead to the overthrow of the Manchus.

There is also a Mexican holiday "Cinco de Mayo," which is only celebrated in the United States.  It celebrates the defeat of the French is some battle in Mexico.

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#36 Post by Kurdt » Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:56 pm

Cinco de Mayo was the Mexicans winning their independance from the French and becoming their own nation...or something like that.

fluxmaster
Knight Status

#37 Post by fluxmaster » Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:41 am

Mexicans take pains to point out that 5 de Mayo is not Mexican Independence Day; that day is September 16.  The real meaning of 5 de Mayo is explained here.

Interestingly, the holiday is not celebrated throughout Mexico, but only in Puebla, but it is widely celebrated in the United States.  It is somewhat like Patriots' Day, which is only celebrated in Massachusetts and Maine.

Steffi Evenstar
Defense Minister Status

#38 Post by Steffi Evenstar » Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:09 am

americans just use cinco de mayo as an excuse to drink margaritas and get trashed.  and i, for one, don't complain.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#39 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:39 am

Blackthorne519 wrote:
Klytos wrote:I just don't see the need to take pointless pot-shots at FG every chance you get.
Yeah, seriously man.  It's like hunting two-legged deer.

Bt
Jeez, just having a bit of fun with the guy, I love his posts most of the time.

I think New years is another holiday that says "get smashed then trashed" but hey, working in the winter is cool for that. I musta been the youngest bouncer around that year.

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#40 Post by Kurdt » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:38 am

Blackthorne wrote:Yeah, seriously man.  It's like hunting two-legged deer.
I think that could possibly be the greatest line I've ever heard on any message boards...ever. I hope you don't mind if I steal it, cuz I'm going to. I have an opus I'm working on that it would fit in with nicely.
Steffi wrote:americans just use cinco de mayo as an excuse to drink margaritas and get trashed.
You forgot have a million different ceremonies and parades to make Hispanic people feel like we care about them for a day. At least, that's how it is here. Everyone rolls out the red carpet and is all like, "today we celebrate the contributions our Mexican brothers have given to this great nation..." blah blah blah. I, for one, just celebrate my uncle's birthday and move on. I hate holidays that celebrate a specific race, like Black History Month and the like. I think it's just retarded. But then again, maybe it's cuz I've been forced my entire life to go to these programs and shows year after year and learn about how my ancestors sucked. I dunno...whatever.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#41 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:04 am

ya I know where you're coming from Kurdt, I think I have an ancestor mentioned in the shortest book ever known. It was called "The Book of Italian War Heros"