The Animals!

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#76 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:27 am

I had genesis! I just thought it didn't look right after. Oh well still a cool snake

Steffi Evenstar
Defense Minister Status

#77 Post by Steffi Evenstar » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:47 am

hey, black snakes are good snakes ... they take care of vermin.  my old neighbours once got one about 6 feet long in their house ... they didn't particularly appreciate that.  my mom and i had to take care of catching it and releasing it in a park across town ... the men on the street refused to go near it.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#78 Post by navynuke04 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:56 am

Well, this hypothetical snake that was hypothetically in my hypothetical backyard is now a hypothetical "good snake". Hypothetically speaking, of course.

Charlemagne
Canadian Pundit

#79 Post by Charlemagne » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:06 am

I like snakes. I have a great photo of an albino Burmese python curled around my neck and arms taken at a reptile exhibit at a fair in Toronto about six years ago. Snakes are such neat animals, even the dangerous ones. Of course the only really dangerous snake we have here in Canada is the Massasauga rattlesnake, and I've never seen one.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#80 Post by navynuke04 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:15 am

Don't get me wrong. I have no problem with snakes. I'm an outdoorsy type of guy most of the time. I just don't like poisonous snakes that come into my yard and are trying to kill my dog. If my dog hadn't been there, I probably would have sent my kids out. The only reason I didn't is because he was barking.

(Hypothetically speaking...)

Charlemagne
Canadian Pundit

#81 Post by Charlemagne » Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:10 am

navynuke04 wrote:I just don't like poisonous snakes that come into my yard and are trying to kill my dog.
And you have such a cute little wiener dog too. I'm glad nothing bad happened to him or your kids (hypothetically speaking....) ;)

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#82 Post by navynuke04 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:20 am

Charlemagne wrote:(hypothetically speaking....) ;)
Of course. ;)
Last edited by navynuke04 on Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#83 Post by Erpy » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:25 am

I'm an outdoorsy type of guy most of the time
An outdoorsy type of guy who previously adhered to a suspiciously indoorsy definition of "around the block", I might add. :D

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#84 Post by Klytos » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:35 am

Outdoorsy. Love the new word.  :D

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#85 Post by navynuke04 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:29 pm

Hey, to be outdoorsy, you don't necessarily have to do a lot of walking. I used to ride horses and camp quite a bit. I've explored my fair share of caves. I've swam in rivers. I've built tree houses.

And my definition of "around the corner" still stipulates that you cannot cross more than 3 major intersections. Heck, my definition says that you cannot cross even 1 intersection, otherwise you've left the block, and now you are going "around the neighborhood". Or in AGD1's case, "around the city". ;)

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#86 Post by Klytos » Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:27 pm

Navynuke04 wrote:Or in AGD1's case, "around the city".
I walk a lot too, and I tend to have that same definition of around the corner. If I can walk there and back in a day, then it's around the corner.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#87 Post by navynuke04 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:53 am

I have to resurrect this thread once again.

I just found out my dog (Jake the Snake) has Parvo. I'm not sure if any of you know what that is or not. It's a disease that dogs can get. They usually contract it when they are puppies (6 to 9 months old, I believe). It is a very serious disease, and is often fatal. I caught it early, and Jake is older than the typical puppy that gets it. He's almost a year and a half now. Still, seeing him pass red blood and rotten flesh is definately not a good sign. The vet said that his age, the fact that he was still standing and moving around, and that his temperature was normal are all good signs. I'm having to drop a pretty penny to get him some 24 hour vet care for the next couple of days. Keep Jake in your thoughts and (if you pray) prayers.

Thanks.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#88 Post by Angelus3K » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:38 am

Awww!! Keep Jake kept like a prince till he gets better Navy!

I'm sure he'll pull through!

Thinking of ya Jakie!

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#89 Post by navynuke04 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:30 pm

I regret to inform you that Jake succumbed to his illness. I received a call from the vet this morning. Jake passed away last night. A truely sad event. He will be missed.

Parhelion
Royal Servant Status

#90 Post by Parhelion » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:41 pm

I'm really sorry to hear that, Navy.

Broomie
The Enigma

#91 Post by Broomie » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:18 pm

As soon as I read that I actually felt my heart fade. That is really sad, he was such a cute dog. My sympathies.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#92 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:45 pm

Omg no! How are your kids taking it? truly a sad event, this is why my parents never got a dog.

Steffi Evenstar
Defense Minister Status

#93 Post by Steffi Evenstar » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:02 pm

i'm really sorry, hon.  :(  Jake was an awesome dog, and you'll always have wonderful memories of him to sustain you.

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

Oh my goodness!

#94 Post by FatherGhostface » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:29 pm

Oh my! I'm so sorry Navynuke. I realize what you are going through, I hope you and your kids will be okay.  :(

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#95 Post by Angelus3K » Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:23 pm

OMG Sean that is so terrible!!! I hope you and the kids are doing ok. I cant believe it!

Deb and I are crying here...

We're so sorry for your loss, I'm sure Jake brought you so much joy while he was with you.

Best wishes

Chris, Deb N Katie

VampD3
Queen of the Night and Moderator

#96 Post by VampD3 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:27 pm

Oh Navy, I'm so so sorry! I really don't know what to say. Like Broomie my heart litterally sank when I heard. Its very sad. It's so sudden.

I'm sure he's in a great place running and leaping about eating loads of bones!

Awww Navy, I'm really really sorry. I hope you and your children are coping. Let me know how things are.

All my thoughts are with you!

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

RIP for Jake The Snake - A Good Friend

#97 Post by Blackthorne519 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:31 pm

Hey Navy,

I'm really sorry about Jake.  He was a really cool dog, and really sweet.  I'm sure you and yours will always remember him, and we will too.  

Bt

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

That bites...pun intended (to make you smile)

#98 Post by Brainiac » Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:47 am

My heartfelt sympathies are with you and your kids, NavyNuke.

Skyshark
Knight Status

#99 Post by Skyshark » Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:44 pm

Sorry to hear that, Nuke.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#100 Post by navynuke04 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:12 pm

Thank you to Parhelion, Broomie, QFGF, Steffi, FatherGhostface, Angelus, Vamp, Blackthorne, Brainiac, and Skyshark for you sympathies. It means a lot to know people are/were thinking of me.

As some of you know, I've been out of town the last several days. Jake actually passed away the day after I left. I received the phone call from the vet when I was hundreds of miles away. It was a hopeless feeling knowing I couldn't do anything. I called my mother to tell her, and she said she wouldn't tell the kids, and would leave that to me. I arrived back home late last night and went to my mom's house to pick up my kids. They were very excited to go pick up Jake from the vet's. They don't quite understand death yet, and it was difficult to explain what had happened. I think they now understand that they won't ever see him again. I promised them we'd watch "All Dogs Go To Heaven" together after work/daycare today.

I took off work this morning so that I could go to the vet's and pick Jake up. He's been there exactly a week now. He passed on Thursday night. In order to keep them, they had to place him in a freezer. It was especially tough to pick up my puppy when he was in that state. Luckily they had him wrapped up where I couldn't see him. I could feel the cold through the blankets though, and it is still haunting me. I couldn't bring myself to open the blankets up to say goodbye. I didn't want to remember him like that. The pic in my sig is how I want to remember him.

My life has been extremely stressful the last week or so. I'm going to miss Jake terribly, but I am happy that laying him to rest is now behind me and I don't have to worry about it anymore. I'm hoping the rest of the stressful things that I'm dealing with can be sorted out soon because I'm tired of feeling like this.

I'm off to take a shower and try to compose myself before I go into work. Thank you again for you thoughts. I consider you all good friends even though I've never met most of you here.