A IMDB Question... if I may?

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Broomie
The Enigma

A IMDB Question... if I may?

#1 Post by Broomie » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:35 pm

I was recently checking the IMDB and remembered that you guys were in it. Your real names were displayed under your games, so here is the question.

How is it that you're permit the usage of your real names around the Tierra/AGDI environment, yet it clearly states your real names when looking at the games via the IMDB.

Of course I know that anonimosity is your theme, but I hate to admit it's kinda silly that you act so hostile when someone posts an image of you or even mutters your real names.

I think it's fair to say that we understood back then, only Erpy and other AGDI team members knew your real name. Everyone had a jealousy factor and was eager to find out your real name. Of course I just did a Whois lookup to find your true name, yet it was such a mystery it had people in stitches.

Today, you'll find your true identities everywhere.

I mean, if you dropped the whole anonymous thing, you'd probably be in risk of changing your name. Yet the point of this is, why do you call yourself the AGD's when everywhere else it's fine to display your true names yet here it's believed to be a sin?

Milan Easton
Ruler of the Castle

#2 Post by Milan Easton » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:48 pm

Hi Bromois!

First and foremost, it's tradition here at AGD Interactive to remain anonymous on our site and in the credit section of our games.  If people find our names, that is fine, but we'd like to continue with the running tradition on this site and in our games.

As for IMDB, there is a lengthy verification process for new entries to be accepted to their database.  Although Pseudonyms are generally accepted within a profile, they are not accepted as an actual entry.  Additionally, we have a wide body of work, expanding well beyond our games--AGD2, for instance, is an experienced actor, having worked in several films.  Because we would like to advertise our other work, it is important that we use our real names--the names used in those previous projects.  

So basically, although we enjoy keeping up our anonymous identity here on the site as part of the AGD tradition, it's hard to do that in "real world", where we continue to create other work as well.  To solve this problem, we have chosen to remain anonymous on this site--most of the people who play our games probably will not try to research us any further. We are aware though that the die hard fan can find out about our true identities with merely a little bit of research.  We are fine with that, but hope that they will respect our desire to remain anonymous here, and keep their newfound information their own little secret ;)

Anonymous Game Developer #1

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

Please.... think of the children.

#3 Post by Blackthorne519 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:44 pm

Schizophrenics Anonymous

Because I care.

Bt

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#4 Post by navynuke04 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:12 am

Your sarcasm is appreciated.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#5 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:16 am

I think I shall depart, as well.
Coming from the BT who said he was leaving the forums till QFG2VGA comes out...or the one who's still visiting daily?

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#6 Post by MusicallyInspired » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:04 am

Lol, nice AGD2!

Gav
Knight Status

we also recommend...

#7 Post by Gav » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:16 am

You might be confusing schizophrenia for multiple personality disorder.

I just checked out the IMDB entries for AGDI's KQs and I was wondering who decides what to put under "If you like this title, we also recommend..."

For KQ1, it had The Bourne Identity, and for KQ2 it had LotR: RotK. Granted I haven't seen The Bourne Identity, but these are surely not the best comparisons. What gives?

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#8 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:40 am

IGN just told me I would like Enter The Matrix if I liked Metal Gear Solid. I could agree with Tenchu seeing as how the fourth installment is kinda recent but come on? I've decided not to read those ever. Even Amazon.com does the same stupid crap.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#9 Post by Blackthorne519 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:27 am

Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:
Coming from the BT who said he was leaving the forums till QFG2VGA comes out...or the one who's still visiting daily?
I dunno, that Bt isn't responding to me very well!!!!!

C'mon, it's a harmless zinger.  As for schizos, It takes one to know one, right?  ;)

Bt

Da_elf
Knight Status

#10 Post by Da_elf » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:15 pm

Milan Easton wrote: To solve this problem, we have chosen to remain anonymous on this site--most of the people who play our games probably will not try to research us any further. We are aware though that the die hard fan can find out about our true identities with merely a little bit of research.
Anonymous Game Developer #1
with a post floating around about how hot you are i think your going to get a few people doing their research ;) hehe

El_Listo
Royal Servant Status

#11 Post by El_Listo » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:26 pm

I think I am going to call myself "The Anonymous El Listo".

Broomie
The Enigma

#12 Post by Broomie » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:27 pm

This guy cracks me up. Image

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Heh-heh-heh...

#13 Post by Brainiac » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:12 pm

Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:
I was wondering when someone was going to call him on that... :lol

oriel
Royal Servant Status

#14 Post by oriel » Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:31 pm

I used to think that AGD #2 resembled more of a John Carmack: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/p ... armack.jpg .  But he has more of the Dolph Lundgren look on IMDB: http://www.orfeo.ru/img/57.jpg .

And AGD #1, that IMDB picture must be really old I'm guessing?

Oriel

Milan Easton
Ruler of the Castle

#15 Post by Milan Easton » Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:55 am

Eh, for what it's worth, it's not schizophrenia or multiple personality disorder--it's dissociative identity disorder.

Anyhow, the picture was taken about 4 months ago, Oriel.

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#16 Post by Kurdt » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:25 am

Not to sound nasty or anything, but AGD1 is HOT. HOT hot. Not just "Arizona sun" hot, but "Please can I worship you?" hot.

And in a wonderful appeal to my own vanity...howcum the full cast list isn't on the KQ2VGA page, huh??? Me 'n' Mags not good enough, eh?? I see where this is going. >: Well fine! I don't need you!!!! >:

:p j/k