The Gamers Thread: PS3, PC, Wii, 360... pick your poison!!

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#876 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:36 pm

ya, to be honest I bought Vice city and beat it the next day but it was wicked fun to play. it was one of the only faster games I stuck with just to mess around with after beating it once. actually I think GTA and Metal Gear Solid are the only games I ever do that with.

El_Listo
Royal Servant Status

#877 Post by El_Listo » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:57 am

I felt a bit deceived by the ending. When I ended the game I just sat down on the bed and thought about it, I ended up quite depressed.

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#878 Post by Alias » Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:36 am

Just finish watching a new preview of Tomb Raider Legend, man this game looks fantastic, and Lara has never looked better. Im glad they left Core Design to try and give someone else a whirl, Crystal Dynamics is doing a great job so far.

And not to mention the original creator of tomb raider 1, 2 & I think 3 is back wokring on Tomb Raider 7: Legend. The game will finally have physics, Laura's Mansion will be back, she will now have team mates and new gadgets like a grapple hook, head set, frag grenades, new weaponds... etc.

I doubt there are many Tomb Raider fans here but Tomb Raider is my favourite game series ever to be made, beats all Sierra games IMHO, although they are a bit different games. Be sure to check the game out, it looks to be great.  :D

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#879 Post by Angelus3K » Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:07 pm

I hope this new Tomb Raider is better than the last one lol!

Just got back from the coolness that is Batman Begins to sit down and crack on with the PS2 game of the same name - I hope its as good as the movie....!!!!

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#880 Post by Angelus3K » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:05 pm

Finished Batman Begins the other day, cool game worth playing if you loved the movie!

Some great news today! THQ/Yukes are making Smackdown Vs Raw 2006 for PSP!!

Its gonna be very similar to the PS2 version so you can start a season on PS2 and say your going away for a few days you can download your progress to the PSP can keep playing then upload back to PS2 and continue!

I cant wait for that to come out!

There's also a new ceramic white PSP coming out aswell as an offical PSP Web Browser!

In other news I cant wait for Enter the Matrix: Path of Neo to come out, its gonna be amazing!!

With that note, here's a new topic, What games are you looking forward to the most?  :)

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#881 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:32 am

I'm looking forward to Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistance and that's why I haven't bought Snake Eater yet. I would be looking forward to 4 but I'm not sure if I want to get the PS3 just for it, I'll have to wait... or work whatever happens.

Gav
Knight Status

#882 Post by Gav » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:25 am

I'm looking forward to AFL Premiership 2005 heaps. It's Australian Rules Football, which means that due to lack of sales/budget, they are usually fairly disappointing.  Nonetheless, I hope for the best.

I'm also looking forward to Ricky Ponting (/Brian Lara) International Cricket, as the demo was promising and EA sports' Cricket 2005 is apparently trash.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#883 Post by Angelus3K » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:39 am

Oh yeah, I cant wait for Resident Evil 5 for PS3!!

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Upcoming games of note

#884 Post by Brainiac » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:45 pm

Angelus3K wrote:With that note, here's a new topic, What games are you looking forward to the most?  :)
Well, I don't have the hardware to play some of these games, but they all have my attention:

The various FF7 spinoffs (at least ONE has to be okay)
Kingdom Hearts II (just to see Jack Sparrow next to Donald Duck :lol )
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (who can say no to Lycanthrope Link?)
Lunar: Dragon Song (it's about time!)
MegaMan Zero 4 (keep 'em coming...)
Final Fantasy XII (though I must admit, knowing the director went to several Kyoto temples to pray for the game has me somewhat leery)

Then there's the interesting-looking games that I don't really intend to buy/play:
City of Villains (indulging one's inner bad guy is always a blast <snicker>)
Soul Calibur III (just curious if an SC game will ever get a Famitsu 40 ever again)
Bully (I may rent this just for the sheer inane hilarity of it)
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (Soma Cruz returns)

I'm also beginning to considering buying an MMORPG now that some have dropped the monthly fee. Any suggestions besides Guild Wars?

Oh, and I am of course anticipating the many upcoming fan reamkes (can't forget to mention them :D ).

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#885 Post by Angelus3K » Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:42 pm

Definetly looking forward to Dirge of Cerburus and Crisis Core.

Bully and The Warriors look like typical masterpiece games you'd expect from Rockstar cant wait!!

Lunar, cant wait for that!! Is Dragon Tears the PS2 Lunar game or the DS one I've heard is rumored?

Kingdom Hearts II will be amazing!

other games I'm looking forward to are:

Urban Reign
Final Fight: Streetwise
Gun (new western shooter, looks amazing, check IGN etc for info)
Black
Beat Down: Fists of Vengeance
Ultimate Spider-Man
Burnout Revenge
Genji: Dawn of the Samurai
Shadow of the Colossus
Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2006 (PS2 and PSP)
Crash Tag Team Racing
Shining Force Neo
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
50 Cent: Bulletproof
Resident Evil 4
The Matrix: Path of Neo
Final Fantasy XII

Hmmm, I've probably missed one or two  ;)

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#886 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:46 pm

Angelus is anticipating Resident Evil 4... OH  :eek he means 5 ok now I'm not as confused as a gender challenged cross dresser.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#887 Post by Angelus3K » Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:04 pm

Yes I am anticipating RE4, for PS2 it comes out in November.

RE5 for PS3 has equal anticipation of course!

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Lunar and more

#888 Post by Brainiac » Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:58 pm

Angelus3K wrote:Lunar, cant wait for that!! Is Dragon Tears the PS2 Lunar game or the DS one I've heard is rumored?
Dragon Song is for the DS (check the initials - see? :D ); it's called Lunar Genesis in Japan.  It will not be released through Working Designs over here, but by UbiSoft, and it is a 1000-year prequel to SSSC.  Obviously, this means Althena may most likely return, but most (if not all) of the other characters from SSSC and EBC will most likely not.  It is most definitely not a rumor; the PS2 Lunar game is the rumor.

And Crisis Core does indeed look intriguing; the recent teaser got my attention.  I just wish SE would get off their duffs and contract the folks who left to create Chrono 3 already!

El_Listo
Royal Servant Status

#889 Post by El_Listo » Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:50 pm

I want the remake of Final Fantasy 3 (Jap) for the DS.

AND. I. WANT. IT. NOW.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#890 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:57 pm

Chrono Trigger is still one of my all time favorite games ever but Chrono Cross was dissapointing at least. I wonder if 3 is really coming and if it will be any good

Pidgeot
Defense Minister Status

#891 Post by Pidgeot » Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:02 am

El_Listo wrote:I want the remake of Final Fantasy 3 (Jap) for the DS.

AND. I. WANT. IT. NOW.
I could not agree more with this post - though I should probably get around to completing FFI+II first...

Obviously, Twilight Princess - which reminds me I should probably work on getting further in Master Quest and/or Majora's Mask...

I'm also waiting with anticipation for POKéMON XD: Gale of Darkness (expected here by November) and POKéMON Diamond/Pearl (likely late Q1 or Q2 2007) - but those of you who know ANYTHING about me probably guessed that one already. ^.^

Skyshark
Knight Status

#892 Post by Skyshark » Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:11 am

Megaman Zero 4
Need For Speed: Most Wanted
Sonic Gems Collection

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#893 Post by Angelus3K » Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:50 am

Skyshark wrote:Megaman Zero 4
Need For Speed: Most Wanted
Sonic Gems Collection
The JAP version of Sonic Gems contains Streets of Rage 1,2 and 3. Not the US version though  :cry

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#894 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:28 pm

I just got Final Fantasy X-2 and I'm actually a little dissapointed by Yuna's new look. She went from shy summoner in robes to Lara Croft. The beggining of the game is just strange but I'm only 6 percent in so we'll see how this game turns out.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#895 Post by Angelus3K » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:13 pm

Something strange is going on around here.... it seems as if there is a Nintendo boycott going on in my area of the UK.

I've decided to join "the dark side" and get a Gamecube and I thought I'd see what the prices were like in the shops compared to online but none of the shops around my area sell Gamecubes anymore!?

The big computer stores like Curry's, Comet and PC World dont sell Gamecube or Gamecube games even my local Blockbuster no longer has Gamecube games to rent!!

Is the Gamecube that un-popular!?!?!?

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#896 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:31 am

not here as far as I'm concerned although maybe in the UK it's just too kiddy. I think GC has the smallest selection at our blockbuster too but I hate blockbuster now. Video Network here has a shelf of GC and a shelf of X-Box and 2 Shelves of PS2 which is ok in my book, as far as I'm concerned no one has denied the existence of the system anywhere around here.

Pidgeot
Defense Minister Status

#897 Post by Pidgeot » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:02 am

Plenty of places in London carry Cube stuff (Game, Blockbuster, etc....), I saw plenty when I was over there for the Harry Potter release about 1½ weeks back. I'd be surprised if it's nowhere to be found in Newcastle.

Def Zeppelin
Royal Servant Status

#898 Post by Def Zeppelin » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:51 pm

Baldurs Gate III
Dungeons & Dragons: Online

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#899 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:43 pm

did they announce Baldurs Gate 3? I thought Black Isle was shut down. now wait that was Interplay wasn't it? I don't remember, all I know is that Fallout 3 seems highly unlikely.

jpnuar1
Knight Status

#900 Post by jpnuar1 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:42 am

Let's se here......

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Redemption (ED2). In the meantime, for those of you having trouble finding Cube games, get ED: Sanity's Requiem, it kicks ass, and you can get it for only about $10 american (cheap. like, really cheap. especially considering the game itself....)

Dungeons and Dragons Online. I just hope I have a job by then, I'd love to be able to afford to play it...

Zelda: Twilight Princess. There is the little technicality that I sold my gamecube to make money for the coming Nintendo Revolution. Ah well, at least I can play it when that system is released in a year or so, and hopefully the price will have dropped a little by that time as well....

Mario DDR. Yeah, yeah, I know. But I'm a Nintendo fan, and don't plan to buy any PS systems in the forseeable future.

Too Human trilogy. I just hope that it sells well enough for it to be done for the other systems than just XBox, like with the Splinter Cell series

QFG2 VGA. Bet no one saw that one coming.....