Help for QfG IV

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Jerrykid5000
Peasant Status

Help for QfG IV

#1 Post by Jerrykid5000 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:33 pm

Hi, I know asking for copy protection codes is a no-no, but I'm in a bit of a fix. I lost my original QfG IV long ago. However, I bought the CD version on Ebay a couple of months back. When the person mailed it to me, there was no manual, but I didn't think it was a big deal since I figured I knew how to play and I didn't remember any copy protection. But now I'm in Dr. Cranium's lab and I can't figure out how to get potions. I've been looking everywhere in the game to try to find out until I finally gave up and Googled it. Only then did I realize that this was copy protection in action. Can somebody please just tell (PM or email) me the formulae to make the two potions? I can upload my Ebay receipt and a picture of my CD if necessary.

Thanks,

Jerry

PS. Really looking forward to the QfG II redux. Hope it comes out by the end of summer.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#2 Post by navynuke04 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:10 pm

Sorry, but giving out copy protection codes is against forum policy. You might try the Sierra adventure forums. I believe they are willing to provide the copy protection items as long as you can prove valid ownership of the game.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#3 Post by Erpy » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:18 pm

If you have the CD, could you check for text-files on there? (like techbook.txt) Certain versions of the game have the copy protection code in a textfile on the CD.

Jerrykid5000
Peasant Status

#4 Post by Jerrykid5000 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:35 pm

Erpy wrote:If you have the CD, could you check for text-files on there? (like techbook.txt) Certain versions of the game have the copy protection code in a textfile on the CD.

Here's a list of the text files on the CD:

\INSTALL.TXT
\INN\DRIVERS.TXT
\INN\INSTALL.TXT
\INN\INSTSTN.TXT
\INN\MODEM.TXT
\INN\PHONE.TXT

I've also emailed the seller (no reply).

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#5 Post by Erpy » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:04 am

Hmmm, no, I'm afraid it's not in there. Maybe you could visit the official Sierra boards and see if one of the mods can help you. Some of them are entitled to give out protection info if you can prove you legally own the product.

GuJiaXian
Royal Servant Status

#6 Post by GuJiaXian » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:26 am

There also might be a pdf file. My CD copy of QFG4 (the "Sierra Originals" version) is the boxed version, and thus came with a paper manual. If you have the CD-only version, it might have a pdf manual on the disc.

Cats Eye
Peasant Status

QFG IV I am in the same fix

#7 Post by Cats Eye » Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:57 am

I was working with a moderator on the Sierra site and e-mail her a copy of the PayPal transaction per her request. Iwent on line yesterday and now the Sierra site transfers over to the VU website and they don't support the older Sierra games. This has been a bummer of a deal as I have 2 copies of this game, bought from eBay, and I can't find a copy of the manual on either or them. Now there is no way to go to the old Sierra Classic game site either. Help!!!!!!!!
Cat's Eye >:

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#8 Post by navynuke04 » Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:19 am

The Classic Sierra Games Forum can be found here:

http://forums.vugames.com/category.jspa?categoryID=43

They don't have a QFG forum. Perhaps it was an oversight. That probably be the best place to start looking though.

EDIT: *Thinks it's wierd that Buffy the Vampire Slayer is considered a Sierra Classic*

Cats Eye
Peasant Status

Thanks

#9 Post by Cats Eye » Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:53 pm

The link you sent is greatly appreciated! I tried every which way possible to find it from the VU home page and had no luck. I quess I need to learn more about explorer and how it works. :)

Paradox
Peasant Status

#10 Post by Paradox » Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:08 am

navynuke04 wrote:They don't have a QFG forum. Perhaps it was an oversight.
Actually they do have a QFG forum.  It's here, under the Roleplaying section rather then in the Action/Adventure and FPS section to which your link goes.

Cats Eye
Peasant Status

Thanks

#11 Post by Cats Eye » Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:44 pm

Thank You everyone for sending me in the right direction. I have found Almirena whom I was conversing with in the previous forum. I guess I was just a little frustrated on my bookmark not working. It was such a shock that everything changed over night. See you in the KQ forums.
Cat's Eye

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

#12 Post by Music Head » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:32 am

Shoudln't this post be in Off-Topic ???

The Guy
Knight Status

Help for QfG IV

#13 Post by The Guy » Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:28 pm

Apparantly from the sound of it, you have the original CD version of the game.  If you had say, the Quest for Glory Anthology version, there is a folder that contains the copyright protection for QFGIV.   Sorry for not being able to help you any further.

Isakiel
Peasant Status

#14 Post by Isakiel » Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:51 am

QFG IV : shadows of bugs
i need help and i dont know if i'll be able to find it. I have the anthology of quest for glory and also dragon fire the last game in the series but i ran into a little snag in qfg 4... I've used the same character from one to four and became a paladin fair in square in the end of the second but when i get to the fourth i cant beat it because of the ritual in the monks tomb that keeps giving me an error. I know that if you want to use a thief wizard or fighter they have a character you can use that already has the ritual when you start the game but i want to use my own character and be a paladin... any help out there? thanks

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#15 Post by Angelus3K » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:33 am

Isakiel, your question has been answered HERE  :)