Microsoft Interview

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#26 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:40 pm

In your own words

BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTAL

:lol  :rollin  :lol

MuzlakOofmay
Lumberjack

#27 Post by MuzlakOofmay » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:22 am

By the way, the interview got rescheduled because we have a pnemonia epidemic going around! I'll now have to wait two weeks when I'm back from my road trip because 3 out of the 4 interviewers are deathly ill!

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#28 Post by navynuke04 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:38 am

75% of Microsoft is about to die? Someone's prayers were answered. ;)

Oh, heh... um... They are good people and they deserve you Bryce. :)

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#29 Post by Gronagor » Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:13 pm

:rollin  That IS funny! I think it's quite a few people's prayers.  :p

I gotta admit. That's a great job to get, and you're perfect for it! Good luck Muzlak!

MuzlakOofmay
Lumberjack

#30 Post by MuzlakOofmay » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:27 am

UPDATE:

All of the Microsoft interviews were cancelled. However, the company I currently work for made me a new offer I believe I'll take. They are really flexible with my college schedule, and I think that I'd rather stay with them, as long as they pay me enough to keep me happy :)

They're going to pay me $15/hour (raise of 4 dollars) along with advancing me my college tuition. This will be repayed simply by working my regular hours with my new wage. It will take 3 years for me to pay for college, and by the time I'm done, it's going at a rate that will essentially equal 1/2 of my college being payed for by the time I'm out. Then, if I decide to stay with the company, it'll take another 3 years to finish the proration. If I leave, it turns into a regular college loan (of whatever is left) at 5% interest.

I think this will be a great deal for me. It certainly doesn't equate out to $35/hour, but we are splitting to a new company, in which I may be promoted to Chief Technology Officer, which yields a much higher wage, as well as having a share in ownership of the company.

What do you guys think about this deal? They are really flexible with my schedule, which is something I can't say for Microsoft. In fact, I may even have to drop out of college in order to work at Microsoft. I think that this will give me even more time to build up more professional experience, and get my bachelor's degree for free. I'm stilll considering other options (lots of job offers), but I think it would be best for me to stay.

Thanks for the advice!

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#31 Post by navynuke04 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:32 am

Wow! I'd say take it. Not only are you getting paid pretty decently, but you are getting your college taken care of as well. It sounds like a pretty sweet deal.

I'm making a bit more than that myself, and my company will pay 100% tuition that I don't have to pay back. The only problem is that they aren't flexible with my schedule. If I didn't have a family to take care of, I'd probably be in night courses.

Anyway, I'd say take the job. It's not every day you get an opportunity like this. You'd probably be kicking yourself later if you passed it up.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#32 Post by Angelus3K » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:56 am

Sounds like a good deal Muzlack, the worst thing is when your company isnt flexible for you it makes things really difficult (I know lol).

Sounds like a great deal though, TAKE IT!

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#33 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:44 am

Definetly take it, with that education you can make more and more.

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#34 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:49 pm

HAHA good one

OmegaSephiroth
Peasant Status

ehe, better late then never but

#35 Post by OmegaSephiroth » Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:42 am

good luck to you from me, zee noob.