Where do the new projects get together?

This is a public forum, where you can find out everything you wanted to know about making games. Please don't use this forum as a place to recruit new members.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Blindfold
Peasant Status

Where do the new projects get together?

#1 Post by Blindfold » Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:24 am

Hey guys, I realize this isn't the place for recruiting, so I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I'd like to help out in the development of an adventure game, well musically speaking anyways. I just finished up a 9 month audio engineering course and have lots of ideas. All midi, from orchestral to electronica whatever suits the game. I have examples to send out upon request and can create something original (as long as I'm provided a setting and some kind of idea as to what the scene is about)

Anyways, I am looking to participate in a project that (hopefully) finishes, but the experience is really what I'm after. So again, any help as to a team, or maybe a different thread/forum would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance ;)

Da_elf
Knight Status

#2 Post by Da_elf » Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:17 pm

i think this is probably more acceptable than recruiters. this way your advertising your usefullness to everyone. where as a recruitment is someone wanting people for himself. i have all the music ill be needed already for my game. but good luck to you

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#3 Post by Gronagor » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:49 am

Hmmm... I don't know any big teams at this moment that needs musicians, but perhaps you can link to a small sample right here. Someone will probably notice. :)

orieac
Peasant Status

Re: Where do the new projects get together?

#4 Post by orieac » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:28 am

Blindfold wrote:   Anyways, I am looking to participate in a project that (hopefully) finishes, but the experience is really what I'm after. So again, any help as to a team, or maybe a different thread/forum would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance ;)
Try here: http://www.vohaulstrikesback.com/

Oilers99
Royal Servant Status

#5 Post by Oilers99 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:28 am

Well, I recruited a bunch of people through a union on the Gamespot forums. Not necessarily recommended, since it's not really something you traditionally do on there.