It's Official: Broken Sword 4

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

It's Official: Broken Sword 4

#1 Post by Alias » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:34 pm

Oh my gosh, I though this day would never come there is going to be a Broken Sword 4, I'm so happy that ist even gone this far, I thought it would stop at #2, then #3 ended up a bit hit with adventure gamers and non adventure gamers, and now a fourth?
Fourth Broken Sword Announced
THQ brings a new chapter to adventure fans.
by David Adams

August 18, 2005 - THQ sent out brief word today that it will publish a fourth installment in the long-running Broken Sword series of adventure titles. Revolution Software is once again handling development, and the game is scheduled for release in summer 2006 for the PC.

"The demand from fans for another game in the Broken Sword series has been overwhelming, " said Charles Cecil at Revolution Software. "Broken Sword had originally been designed as a trilogy with Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon intended as the finale. We were delighted to relent and are very pleased to be working with THQ again to enthrall fans and carry on innovating in the adventure genre."

The company's haven't said anything more about the new game -- not even a title has been revealed -- but we expect fresh details soon, so stay tuned.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#2 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:20 pm

I heard about this yesterday and I just hope it isn't a run on series that is no good. I always thought Rocky should have turned the camera off after IV.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Already knew

#3 Post by Brainiac » Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:21 am

Yeah, I heard about it already; even posted over at Angelus's forums to let him know.  He's the biggest fan of the Charles Cecil's games I know.  However, he'll probably see your post first, Alias.

The one worrying thing about the minimal info released so far is that while George has been directly mentioned, Nico has not.  I hope they don't drop her character; I've always enjoyed games with a dichotomy of main characters (part of the reason I adore the GK series).

What's your site source, Alias?  I got my info from GameSpot and RPGFan.

Oilers99
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by Oilers99 » Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:32 am

It's nice to see that at least one adventure game series seems to keep going, besides Myst.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#5 Post by Angelus3K » Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:24 am

I think my elation can be seen here lol!

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#6 Post by Alias » Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:57 pm

The only and best source for everything is IGN.com.  ;)

I can't wait for this game I hope they really improve the engine or make a new one that has better gameplay, BS3 had a bit of fiddly game play at times. I hope they make a boxset with all 4 in with maybe a few bonus stuff.

Note: BS= Broken Sword not Bull Sh*t. lol

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#7 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:37 pm

I absolutly despise IGN but that's just me. I just started Shadows of the templars again and got to the Hospital. I gotta say some of the scenes and dialoge (sp) are on par with Monkey Island.
Nico:"Right now I'm using my most useful tool. Patience"
George: "I've heard of that, isn't it a subsitute for decisive thinking?"
George: Have you seen a clown around here?
Janitor: Non sir
George: Are you sure? he had a big red nose and multicolored pants.
Janitor: he wouldn't be much of a clown otherwise.
I hope 4 (and 3 when I get around to playing it) has still got some wit along with the great story.

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#8 Post by Alias » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:17 am

They all have some degree of wit.