A new Action Adventure Game that KICKS ARSE!!

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

A new Action Adventure Game that KICKS ARSE!!

#1 Post by Alias » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:20 pm

http://www.adventtrilogy.com/

Seriously, look at the trailer, this game is truly going to rock, I already pre ordered my own copy, this looks so frikin' cool. Its stated that its an adventure game with a lot of action of course.

Tell me what you guys think?  :D

Sorry if Im being too hyped about this.  :p

Due for release on 04/11/2005

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

#2 Post by Vildern » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:50 pm

It looks promising. I think I'll get it, although it got low scores on many reviews...

The Guy
Knight Status

Re: A new Action Adventure Game that KICKS ARSE!!

#3 Post by The Guy » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:02 am

Alias wrote:Due for release on 04/11/2005
hehe  I think it's a bit past the due date, don't you think?

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#4 Post by Gronagor » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:25 am

Only americans write the month first. Since Alias came from SA, and lives in the UK: nothing wrong with how he wrote it.

The Guy
Knight Status

Re: A new Action Adventure Game that KICKS ARSE!!

#5 Post by The Guy » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:32 pm

Gronagor wrote:Only americans write the month first. Since Alias came from SA, and lives in the UK: nothing wrong with how he wrote it.
???  What do you mean by "only Americans write the month first"? And by SA do you mean South America?  I simply had thought there was a typo there since he said he preordered and the release date says  4/11/2005.  I figured he meant 2006 not 2005.  Sorry if I am at fault here.

Pidgeot
Defense Minister Status

#6 Post by Pidgeot » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:05 pm

Most of the world write dates in a dd/mm/yyyy or yyyy/mm/dd format. North America is the only place where the mm/dd/yyyy format is used, which can lead to great confusion to people who are not aware of the difference.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#7 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:18 pm

Thursday September 29th, 05 is how I write it and in French:
C'est Jeudi le 29th Septembre, 2005. I geuss slight variations can be confusing.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#8 Post by Gronagor » Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:43 pm

Pidgeot wrote:Most of the world write dates in a dd/mm/yyyy or yyyy/mm/dd format. North America is the only place where the mm/dd/yyyy format is used, which can lead to great confusion to people who are not aware of the difference.
Hehe. Yeah. And there have been a lot of confusions and miscommunications because of these types of 'minor' differences.

TheGuy wrote:???  What do you mean by "only Americans write the month first"? And by SA do you mean South America?  I simply had thought there was a typo there since he said he preordered and the release date says  4/11/2005.  I figured he meant 2006 not 2005.  Sorry if I am at fault here.
SA would be South Africa.

Def Zeppelin
Royal Servant Status

#9 Post by Def Zeppelin » Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:49 pm

USA #1  :)

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#10 Post by Gronagor » Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:52 pm

In their own world, yes. :) Until USA discovers the world is round and doesn't end at their borders. :)

hakujinmusume
Royal Servant Status

#11 Post by hakujinmusume » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:11 pm

This is the first time that I've heard of that sort of dating being a purely north american thing. I'm not sure about that. There is also inconsistency in Canada, which takes a lot of stuff from England. You're sure it doesn't happen there as well?

It's not so much a problem to have a date go MONTH/DAY/YEAR if you ALWAYS do it that way. But the problem is, all three ways go in Canada, which makes telling between MONTH/DAY/YEAR and DAY/MONTH/YEAR rather difficult...er, impossible in several cases.

Personally, I think YEAR/MONTH/DATE is the smartest way to put things together. Let's just all agree to do it that way from now on, kay?

seeker of rain
Peasant Status

#12 Post by seeker of rain » Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:25 pm

i think Japanese writes the date abit diffrent too

Ghost_Rider
Knight Status

#13 Post by Ghost_Rider » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:43 am

Canada officially goes DD/MM/YYYY - the USA goes MM/DD/YYYY

This causes no end to confusion when communicating with the USA.  Most of the world uses the Day, Month, Year format.  However, when spoken, do you say, "the eleventh day of April, two-thousand and five?"

No... and so in the USA the Month, Day, Year does make sense because it is easier to have the date listed as you would speak it.    We say dates as Month, Day, Year.  Ok so I am guessing at the reasoning here, but maybe that's why in the USA it is backwards to most other places in the world.

We've had problems with sending/receiving data on many occasions.  When imported into a database, it makes a big mess.  05/04/2005 ... is that May 4th 2005 or is it April 5th 2005?  Depends on where the data came from.  As you can imagine this causes a massive headache when trying to merge data from multiple sources, and keep it in chronological order.

We have many differences.  In Canada we use the metric system - except that when we talk about our weight it is usually in pounds instead of kilograms - and height is usually in feet instead of metres.  I like the metric system, although I still feel strange saying I am 192 centimetres tall - instead of just saying "I'm 6'3".  Going across the border driving is always fun too.  At least most cars have both MPH (Miles per hour) and km/h (Kilometres per hour) marked on their speedometers.  It's just when you forget and are going 100 MPH thinking you are doing 100 km/h.

We even have different spellings for certain words.  In Canada, it's, "Colour, Armour, Honour, Neighbour"... in the USA, it's, "Color, Armor, Honor, Neighbor."  (There are more too, just can't think of them right now)

Canada tends to have more of a European influence than the USA.  Why would we want to be the same anyway?  That would be so boring.   ;)

adeyke

#14 Post by adeyke » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:25 am

i think Japanese writes the date abit diffrent too
They write it in the way that it makes most sense (IMHO).  It's in year/month/day order.  However, they also have kanji after each number to clearly show what it is.

私の誕生日は1984年7月24日です。

(Or, if you prefer, 昭和59年7月24日).

Amayirot Akago
Royal Servant Status

#15 Post by Amayirot Akago » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:42 am

Can we get back to the game please?

I obtained and played it last week. Definitely not a bad game if you like lots of action, but it obviously got a lot of "inspiration" from Halo.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#16 Post by Gronagor » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:54 pm

Ghost_Rider wrote:This causes no end to confusion when communicating with the USA.  Most of the world uses the Day, Month, Year format.  However, when spoken, do you say, "the eleventh day of April, two-thousand and five?"
Hmm... no we say Eleven April, two-thousand and five.

Do you say April, the 25th day, two-thousand and five???  :lol

Ghost_Rider
Knight Status

#17 Post by Ghost_Rider » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:46 pm

Gronagor wrote:Do you say April, the 25th day, two-thousand and five???  :lol
:)   I say, "April 25th, two-thousand and five."

In numeric date format that would directly translate to 04/25/2005 -- the "American" way.  In school here we are taught to write the dates as the name of the month, day of the month, and year.  Again, same as the US format.

However, when it comes to bank statements, legal documents, government documents, it is always numeric DD/MM/YYYY.  We are very inconsistent.  We are a slightly confused nation.   :p

Pidgeot
Defense Minister Status

#18 Post by Pidgeot » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:59 pm

Ghost_Rider wrote:In numeric date format that would directly translate to 04/25/2005 -- the "American" way.  In school here we are taught to write the dates as the name of the month, day of the month, and year.  Again, same as the US format.
Not truly. The only time confusion may arise is when you use the short MM/DD/YYYY format. Though the format is, in terms of relative placement of the elemnts, the same, it makes a world of difference.

On a related note, in Danish, we say "10. oktober 2005" - literally "10th October 2005".

PotatoSlayer
Knight Status

#19 Post by PotatoSlayer » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:06 pm

There are a lot more confusing things in this world.  and for the most part if you're filling out a application of some sort i believe it will say which order to put it in.  anyways i've never really cared

Ghost_Rider
Knight Status

#20 Post by Ghost_Rider » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:08 pm

You are correct.  When it comes to data amalgamation, having those fields mixed up can cause a great deal of confusion... and a bloody headache.

Didn't mean to hijack this thread - back to the game now.   ;)

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#21 Post by Alias » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:17 pm

No problem. It was an interesting conversation.