Space Quest 3 Remake Shut Down!

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#101 Post by Alias » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:12 pm

Planet wilco?

Swift
Dungeon Mistress

#102 Post by Swift » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:31 pm

Vildern wrote:I was informed that it means that he does not own the domain.
You mean not Khaveen's domain, right? That's a shame that it can't be confirmed now. I initially wanted to post my thoughts after reading the confirmation, but I think I don't want to wait any longer.

Alias, I'm disappointed and angry with the way you handled this situation from start to finish. I cannot believe that you didn't inform your team before shutting down the project and that you supposedly didn't try to confirm with Khaveen that he did receive a c&d. No wonder Vildern was so pissed at you. I find it surprising that you keep asking others to prove what they say, when frankly, you should be the one proving that what you say is true. I cannot fathom why you're not the least bit concerned that this c&d might be a hoax and that you have a responsibility to make sure that it isn't. I completely agree with what Storm said. This isn't the time for such hoaxes or lies, especially when there are several people out there upset and angry over KQIX being shut down. Based on your actions in this topic, I cannot help but believe that you lied. I hope for your sake that it isn't the case.

pcj
Peasant Status

#103 Post by pcj » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:45 pm

Um, why not just e-mail Khaveen then?

BenW.
Peasant Status

#104 Post by BenW. » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:50 pm

Adventure Community: "I want the truth!"
Alias: "You can't handle the truth!"

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#105 Post by Alias » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:57 pm

Inform MY team? If Im not mistaken Khaveen is the team leader, I was meerly an artist & writer helping out. So blame khaveen for giving me the wrong directions to take not me. Geez...

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

#106 Post by Vildern » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:44 pm

The "whois" checkup was conducted on Khaveen's old site:
http://sq3vga.by.ru/

Unfortunately, it produced no desirable results, as it's not Khaveen's domain.

Anyway, it would be pointless emailing Khaveen, as he's rarely online, as of late.

I've figured what Erpy was saying. If there was no letter, it means it was not a C&D and not a hoax.

There is only one possibility: a lie. Either Khaveen's or Alias', or both.

Case dismissed.

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#107 Post by Alias » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:48 pm

So lets get on with our lives already. Feel free to lock this thread if the mods wish.

Ghost_Rider
Knight Status

#108 Post by Ghost_Rider » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:57 pm

Vildern wrote:There is only one possibility: a lie. Either Khaveen's or Alias', or both.

Case dismissed.

I demand a new trial!  I want justice!  You mustn't cheat the hangman.

Well ok, I just want to know if there was no letter, why not proceed with the project?  If the reason is because no one has the time to work on it anymore, fair enough... just admit it.

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

#109 Post by Vildern » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:01 pm

Khaveen and Alias (or Alias alone) exploited the C&D letter sent to KQIX.

They thought, or he thought, that it's easier to scream: "VU! C&D!" than saying: "We are not good enough/too busy/whatever, we cannot finish the project, we quit."

They, or he, wish not to proceed with the project.

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#110 Post by Alias » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:15 pm

It's not my project, I don't have the right to say if it goes down the tubes. But Khaveen was pretty sure to put this project too sleep. I wanted to keep working on it, it wasen't my choice. So get the facts straight.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#111 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:49 am

So what's going on now (Holy crap this took a long time to read! I was gone for 2 flippin days!!!)

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#112 Post by Gronagor » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:39 am

*sigh* Sad story.

Not a nice thing to do (in fact, this kind of thing could land one in bigger trouble than copyright-violations)

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#113 Post by Angelus3K » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:13 am

I think the adventure genre has a more forgiving community than most so it might be ideal just to admit this hoax/lie and move on.

Khaveen
Defense Minister Status

#114 Post by Khaveen » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:08 pm

W. T. F.

We haven't received any letters from Vivendi.
If we have I would've been informed in the first place.
I told Alias (as he was the webmaster of the project) to release SQ3 material on public and stop the project due to lack of motivation, time and energy.

No C&D letters, none of this bullshit.

I can't find a good reason why Alias used C&D idea to announce project cancellation.
On second thought, I can. Vildern already posted about it.

I can confirm it wasn't a lie from my side.

To those who were wondering why I disappered again please read the thread at Janitorial Times.

oh f@#k, i'm so tired of these lies and bullshit, draws away all the little motivation you could possibly have, sh*t

upd. If Vil or anybody wants to call me, it's +7 8 916 926 4213 . I hope I wrote it right, I'm not sure about how mobile numbers interact with country codes.

I'd give my home number, but some Russian people might answer your call and understand nothing and become confused and you'd just waste your money)

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

#115 Post by Vildern » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:48 pm

Damn.

Alias you're such a retard and I wish you break an arm or something.

You lie and it doesn't bother you? What kind of a freak are you? You have no self respect. Gosh, I really despise you now.

Khaveen - all along, in MSN, Alias would say: "Khaveen wouldn't lie, if he said it's a C&D letter, then it was a C&D letter"

And I knew it couldn't possibly be a C&D letter.

So, 1000 apologies, Khaveen, for having the tiny doubt that you might be related to this. I know you better. You cannot do such a thing.

Alias, please, do me a favor, break an arm.

BenW.
Peasant Status

#116 Post by BenW. » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:13 am

Man so many projects dieing, that means that kq4, sq3, and sq2 all have no projects going!

Swift
Dungeon Mistress

#117 Post by Swift » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:29 am

This really sickens me, Alias. I don't think anyone would ever trust you again, after all the lies you've just told. Why pull such a dirty stunt like this? Why couldn't you just come forward with the truth? You really disgraced yourself.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#118 Post by Angelus3K » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:14 am

True Swift, but also what about all the lies before aswell with the Rog fiasco when he kept pretending to be other people.

Robin (aka Rog, Alias etc etc) you've really let yourself down this time. Above all don't you realise pulling something like this could endanger other fan groups possibily even AGDI itself with VU!

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#119 Post by Erpy » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:32 am

Khaveen, thanks for clearing that up.

I'm locking this thread as I'd rather see this matter fade away as soon as possible.