QFG2VGA = Vaporware?

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

BeerNutts
Peasant Status

What is SIS?

#51 Post by BeerNutts » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:19 pm

What is SIS Fribbi keeps talking about?  the curiosity is killing me.  And doing a search for SIS turns up many things, most which probably aren't what Fribbi's ramblin about.

Thanks,
Nutts

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#52 Post by Erpy » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:48 pm

The answer is in here.

In a nuttshell (sorry), S.I.S is a club of (apparantly) Spanish kids who like to call themselves cyber-terrorists and try to rid the world of what they call "tontets". (i.e people they don't like) Think Calvin and Hobbes' secret G.R.O.S.S-club, only instead of tossing waterballoons at girls down the street, they occasionally send abusive PM's, mails or posts as a means of fighting their "war". They seem to have taken a liking to Fribbi, as he's been through episodes of spam/harrassment from said group.

I'm not sure if they're still continuing their bullying, but the matter seemed to have left Fribbi a tad edgy...whenever someone criticises him, he tends to conclude ever so often that said forum member is working in league with this club of kids.

Our banlist has a fair share of their members on it, probably the same guy over and over again. It's hard to tell. I'm still eagerly waiting for the day only responsible people get dynamic IP-adresses.

BeerNutts
Peasant Status

One more questions...

#53 Post by BeerNutts » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:10 pm

It says I only have 3 posts?  What?  Was there a server reboot or something that reset the post counts?  I've been here since Royal Quest (my bookmark still says Royal Quest), and I know the server went through an upgrade a few years back, but nothing so soon.

O well, I don't post that often anyway.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#54 Post by Erpy » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:16 pm

Long story. Basically, we migrated from EZ-board to PhPBB about 1.5 year back. EZ had the limit of only allowing 20 pages per forum, meaning most of your posts were already gone before the migration. A month or 2 ago, we found out the database was getting so big, restoring backups in case of a server crash would be a next-to impossible job (not to mention the continuous downloading of larger and larger backup files), so we decided to prune certain forums after giving regulars the time to save their favourite old threads in an archive forum.

El_Listo
Royal Servant Status

#55 Post by El_Listo » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:37 pm

http://www.agdiforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9499

An interesting read...

But people, I think that all this SIS stuff is a big LIE.

I have read some bits of that SIS thread and I think there are some inconsistent things:

-Why did they have to come to AGDI looking for a victim? Why an adventure gaming site?
-Why was Fribbi their objective? What did they want from him?
-He always says he is going to take legal action against them, but he never does? why? perhaps because that SIS group doesn't exist?

My theory is that Fribbi (perhaps with the help of a spanish person?) has made up that SIS club that he is always talking about, maybe to become the center of all atention and feel loved by victimising himself or to justify his nonesense paranoid actions like accusing someone being from that group.

It's similar to the Hegelian principle, create the problem/enemy, wait for the public reaction and enjoy the results, in this case lots of attention from the posters.

Come on, all that story is quite ridiculous, those suposed evil hackers attacking random people, all that paranoia, posting about all the suposed threats and magnifying all this case so much, etc. It sounds like he wants to awesome people with all this.

I don't know about you, but I don't believe all this SIS stories.

P.S:Sorry to sound off-topic, but I had to take this out of my chest.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#56 Post by Erpy » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:19 pm

-Why did they have to come to AGDI looking for a victim? Why an adventure gaming site?
We occasionally get random people here. The first few times we had trouble with one of those kids, he was trolling and baiting random people. Fribbi wasn't targetted until later.
-Why was Fribbi their objective? What did they want from him?
Reactions. Angry or hurt reactions. It's kinda like bullying at school.
-He always says he is going to take legal action against them, but he never does? why? perhaps because that SIS group doesn't exist?
One of the first guys who started being troublesome started mentioning SIS without anybody (Fribbi included) knowing what he was talking about.
The webpage obviously exists, but I don't want to see that group as some team of cyber-terrorists. (the idea alone is laughable) It's just a bunch of kids who band together, created some website during a rainy afternoon and seem to be into bullying from time to time. I used to have kids like that in my high school class.
It's similar to the Hegelian principle, create the problem/enemy, wait for the public reaction and enjoy the results, in this case lots of attention from the posters.
Nice theory, but incorrect. Most of the complaints Fribbi posted were through PM to me personally. It took a while before I advised him to simply post the PM's he got in order to show him that the decent part of the forum population abhorred this sort of thing.
Come on, all that story is quite ridiculous, those suposed evil hackers attacking random people, all that paranoia, posting about all the suposed threats and magnifying all this case so much, etc.
I will grant you the fact that Fribbi's reactions regarding this subject can sometimes be a little out of proportion, but at the same time, I've read some of the comments sent to him and they were downright vicious. I can definitely understand how he feels. I don't make them out to be evil hackers or so...their website doesn't look very hacker-like, but even a bunch of bored highschoolers with a bad attitude can seriously ruin your day if they're persistent enough.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#57 Post by Gronagor » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:10 pm

No. I still think 007 is after Fribbi:
http://www.sis.gov.uk

El_Listo
Royal Servant Status

#58 Post by El_Listo » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:01 pm

Gronagor wrote:No. I still think 007 is after Fribbi:
http://www.sis.gov.uk
Hahaha, good one.

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#59 Post by Fribbi » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:15 pm

Why did they have to come to AGDI looking for a victim? Why an adventure gaming site?
-

They first attacked me on my own homewebsite. They found it on the AGDI forum and that's why I am not showing my new homepage here
Why was Fribbi their objective? What did they want from him?
I don't know what they want't from me, but they only want to get rid of me from the AGDI.
That's is wrong. I have spoken to police about them also the phone company and they have said they needs more proof on them. Since I don't have all the messages from them because I always delete those messages. It is very difficult to handle this case I know. But I will get them in the end.

None of them has being bothering me since they found out my last homepage. But after I created a new one they haven't attacked me since then.

You still think I am lying about this? I maybe acting crazy here but I am not that crazy.  

But maybe the reason was I acted like I was too much proud of myself and always making bad jokes wich could irratate someone and peoples don't like that when some people act like a jerk like I sometimes do here.

Or maybe was it because I sometimes admit I am feeling bored and lonly and empty and stupid, unlucky gutless, and I wish I can die and something like that. That's is why I am a easy target for them so they can laugh at me.

Some people like those in SIS club laugh at sad peoples and people they don't like and that's why I was a easy target for them so they can  teas me so I could maybe act more foolishly here in the forums.

But I am not the fool in this story here. They are the fool not me.

I always asked my helpful buddy and my loyal friend Erpy what I should do about them. But he is like a big brother to me even I am older than him. Me and Erpy has know each other since 2001 (I think) and he knows I would never do something like that to make people love me more.

I don't even care if people hates me or loves me for what I have done or said here.  I am just here to have fun sharing funny links, gather imformations about others fan games meeting new friends and of course waiting like a snail after one more game from AGDI.

I have noticed in some of SIS messages to me they always call me a fat bastard and I can never make love with any girls.

That's why I think those SIS group is just a kid group. I remember about it when my classmates used to say that to me when I was younger and they beleaved I would be nothing in the future. And they always asked me why was I born to this earth. "You are nothing and nobody will likes you forever. You are so fat boring stupid even your family hates you". they used to say to me when I was younger. But well they are right about that. I am really nothing. I am just making a silly and stupid game for what? Respect maybe! No I am just doing this to proof to everybody I can be smart too and make games. There is not everybody who can make games now. But it is true I calling on a attention for myself with this game but I always feel like I will be nothing. I am going to 30 years old in next year and I don't wan't to live another 30 year being nobody again. I want to be somebody and I know making a silly kids game is not the right way to do that. But it is a start.

So you see nothing has really changed since that.  I am always hearing the same thing over and over from stupid brats who hates me. But why are people doing this to me I don't know.  Maybe is it because they are jealous because of me and they like to teas me so they can be happy.

Soldier shoot on peoples for a reason.
What do they gain from it afterwards?
Is it a respect they want after this ? Medallion rewards?
Those people who thinks like that has no respects for anybody but themselves.

Raise your hands if you are still alive after this big post fom me.

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#60 Post by Fribbi » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:36 pm

Maybe they are attacking a wrong guy. But when I was searching with the google I saw my nickname Fribbi mentioned on other Spanish forums I have never visit before. :p  

But this started after I gave my first demo of Leisure suit Larry 3 wich was a horrible demo if you must know about that too. The demo is no available on the internet and not even in my computer because it was destroyed after my old computer killed himself after it got so bored and tired of me when I was wasting my time on the remake of Larry .  |I