Compilations and future of AGD Interactive?

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

alwazqestion
Peasant Status

Compilations and future of AGD Interactive?

#1 Post by alwazqestion » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:39 pm

As I'm sure you all know by now, the KQIX project was recently shut down at the request of Vivendi. It might be pure speculation, but this seems to coincide with the release of the King's Quest Compilation. Now, they might actually have plans for producing an official King's Quest IX (something I find to be highly unlikely, though the compilation may be to test the waters for modern interest in a new KQ), or they might just be stickin' it to the fans. I find this to be more likely, but who knows?

Anyway, if this is the case and a Quest for Glory Compilation is released...

What would happen to QFG2VGA? Do you all think that VU would request a cease and desist of the AGDs as well?

I sure hope not.... :\

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#2 Post by navynuke04 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:45 pm

We already have an agreement with Vivendi, so QFG2VGA is in no immediate danger of a Cease and Desist.

alwazqestion
Peasant Status

PHEU!

#3 Post by alwazqestion » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:08 pm

Well, thats good news and good to know. Thanks navyduke.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Re: PHEU!

#4 Post by Brainiac » Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:08 pm

alwazqestion wrote:Thanks navyduke.
Hmmm, a new renaming.  Will this one come to rival the greatness that is Spokey? :lol

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#5 Post by navynuke04 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:35 pm

*Does his best John Wayne impersonation*

Watch it there, pilgrim.
Last edited by navynuke04 on Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Undersea Wayne

#6 Post by Brainiac » Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:48 pm

Was the Duke ever in any naval movies or naval officer roles?  That would be hilarious...

Ah, yes, In Harm's Way, The Sea Chase, Operation Pacific, They Were Expendable, Seven Sinners...it IS NavyDuke!  :rollin

Finally, something to counter with! :evil

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#7 Post by navynuke04 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:16 am

Hey Braniac, even you love the Navy.

alwazqestion
Peasant Status

hmmm...

#8 Post by alwazqestion » Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:55 pm

Whoops....hope I haven't started something here  ;)

nukes ... dukes ... whats the difference?  :lol

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#9 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:00 pm

one kills and one tries to

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Laughing hard

#10 Post by Brainiac » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:51 pm

That cracked me up, Navy.  Thanks for the laugh at the start of the workday.  Seriously though, a 50-cent model on a 40% Bran Flakes box?  That pic has to be older than, well, the Duke. :D And for your information, I have never eaten Kellogg's 40% Bran Flakes.  Raisin Bran and Corn Flakes are another story. :p

I love the sig pic, too, Navy, but how come it only shows up in some of your threads?  It's appear in some really old posts but doesn't in other, more recent ones.  Very odd.

So, what's the full list of mutilated names now?  You (NavyDuke), me (Braniac), the progenitor (Spokey), Swoft (as a counter from Spikey), Jafart (also from Spikey, but that may have been IA-posted)...are there any others I've forgotten?  It's quite a motley crew as it is...

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#11 Post by navynuke04 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:30 am

I turned off the feature that automatically attaches my sig to my posts. My signature was clogging up some of the private forums. I only attach it to posts when ever I feel like it.

Oh, and if you want to officially join the NavyNuke fan club, ask Erpy for the form. I believe he probably still has a copy. :D

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Naval

#12 Post by Brainiac » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:42 am

navynuke04 wrote:Oh, and if you want to officially join the NavyNuke fan club, ask Erpy for the form. I believe he probably still has a copy. :D
To heck with the NavyNuke club; I'm starting the NavyDuke club!. :lol

And by the way, you were somewhat right about my feelings towards the Navy.  I have nothing but respect and admiration for them, especially now that they are the current employers of my cousin.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#13 Post by navynuke04 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:45 am

Who wouldn't have respect and admiration for an organization who's official song is about drinking it up the night before they get underway?
Through our last night on shore
Drink to the foam!
Until we meet once more,
Here's wishing you a happy voyage home!

blue opal
Peasant Status

#14 Post by blue opal » Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:30 am

[quote="navynuke04"]We already have an agreement with Vivendi, so QFG2VGA is in no immediate danger of a Cease and Desist.[/quote]

Hello! I'm new here and first of all I would like to congratulate AGDI for the excellent remakes they have done of KQ1 and KQ2

Since "Infamous Adventures" team are working on the remake of "King's Quest III," I would like to know if AGDI is has plans to work  a "King's Quest IV Remake" in the future (with Vivendi's permission of course) I have found that Sponge Factory Game is not working on it anymore.

Swift
Dungeon Mistress

#15 Post by Swift » Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:37 am

*wonders why blue opal asks that question when it's already been answered by Navynuke04 in a nearby topic*
navynuke04 wrote:Welcome to the forum! Please try to not post the same question in more than one thread. It makes things a bit difficult to follow.

AGDI does not have any plans for remaking KQIV.

blue opal
Peasant Status

#16 Post by blue opal » Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:41 am

Swift wrote:*wonders why blue opal asks that question when it's already been answered by Navynuke04 in a nearby topic*
When I entered the forum today, I tried to enter to the "More Remakes" section to post this question. I couldn't because it  didn;t respond. So I put the question in other section. I admit I made the mistake of putting the same question in two different sections. I didn't know that the other "copy" of the question had been already answered, and I just forgot to delete this one.

Sorry! It won´t happen again

Swift
Dungeon Mistress

#17 Post by Swift » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:09 am

Ah, that's ok.

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

Re: Laughing hard

#18 Post by Spikey » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:29 am

Brainiac wrote: So, what's the full list of mutilated names now?  You (NavyDuke), me (Braniac), the progenitor (Spokey), Swoft (as a counter from Spikey), Jafart (also from Spikey, but that may have been IA-posted)...are there any others I've forgotten?  It's quite a motley crew as it is...
Dude you don't wanna know how many names I gave Swift afterwards. The poor thing may still be traumatized by it. Swig. Swish. I'll stop now.

Swift
Dungeon Mistress

#19 Post by Swift » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:36 am

Interesting names, Spokey.

*turns Spikey into a sheep*

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#20 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:05 am

but I geuss that Spokey character is still perfectly safe and un-polymorphed

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Protection

#21 Post by Brainiac » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:23 am

Quest For Glory Fan wrote:but I geuss that Spokey character is still perfectly safe and un-polymorphed
Hm, a benefit to naming butchery...better than a protection spell! :lol

link5186
Peasant Status

#22 Post by link5186 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:20 am

Back to the whole compilation thing... Quest for glory already had a compilation released (a WHILE ago). It included the first 4 and a QG5 demo, as well as QG1VGA and a QG4 Windows version (fewer bugs, but no cool cursors! :\ ).
Anyway, I don't really think we have to worry about that happening anytime soon, since Sierra never officially gave up the rights and doesn't really appear to be doing much of anything worth noting anymore. :smokin

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#23 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:11 am

Quest for glory already had a compilation released (a WHILE ago).
So did Space Quest, King's Quest, Police Quest, and Leisure Suit Larry. All a while ago and all including all of the games. Why does that make a difference?

These new compilations that will be released are patched (or something) to work in Windows XP. It's just a shame that QFG didn't get this attention like the other collections did. I'm still a bit baffled as to why, actually.
Anyway, I don't really think we have to worry about that happening anytime soon, since Sierra never officially gave up the rights and doesn't really appear to be doing much of anything worth noting anymore.
What's your point? Don't have to worry about what happening? I guess I'm having trouble understanding your post. :)