Hey everybody!!! Slap your face and wake up now!!

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

Hey everybody!!! Slap your face and wake up now!!

#1 Post by Fribbi » Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:54 pm

Where is everybody? It is so quiet here now. Are everybody in exams now maybe or did your fans gave up on waiting for another year for your third remake?  :eek
Last edited by Fribbi on Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#2 Post by Erpy » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:11 pm

Let's hope it's the former, eh?

Slarty Bardfast
Royal Servant Status

I'm here

#3 Post by Slarty Bardfast » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:13 pm

I'm here, I just hide in the shadows and go to write messages and forget my password and then not bother to write the messages. Hmm let's go with the shadows thing shall we?

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#4 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:28 am

Forums are not active 24/7/

Paladinlover
Knight Status

#5 Post by Paladinlover » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:56 am

I'll be here until I cannot do otherwise for medical reasons only. Even if I don't post much at all.

I don't post much because I usually don't have much to say, but when I do, I usually let it all out and have several exchanges with the members before going back to my quiet state until I have something to say again.

Till next time stay cool  :smokin

johnb4467
Royal Servant Status

#6 Post by johnb4467 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:09 am

haha funny, I was almost thinking the same thing. I usually stop by every now and then, but there's not always threads going on...and I usually can't think up too much to talk about on my own...  ;)

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#7 Post by Fribbi » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:53 am

This is happening in every forums I visit now. Even in icelandic forums.

I rembember when I started on the internet on 2001 about 15-20 threads in each forums had so much of new interesting topics to talk about but now I see only 1-3 threads with something new to read. Are chat forums not as popular as they was? Or is this because there is so much of new and fresh games coming out now.

I have a idea about what we should talk about. ;)

What computer games are you looking forward to get in your christmass presents in this year, ...other than Quest for glory 2?

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#8 Post by Gronagor » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:25 pm

Quest for Glory 2 VGA.

Slarty Bardfast
Royal Servant Status

Christmas?

#9 Post by Slarty Bardfast » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:13 pm

IT'S GONNA BE READY FOR CHRISTMAS??!

GIVE HIM THE STICK! DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK!!! DO YOU KNOW MY DAD!! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#10 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:54 pm

A job and a snowboard.

Broomie
The Enigma

#11 Post by Broomie » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:23 pm

Fribbi? Have you not heard of patience? Sure it's taken a long time to be made but everyone else here can handle it, like myself. You've tried to remake a game, it's not a walk in the park you know. It's not just a thought that comes to your head, remaking a game takes time and effort and I know.

There are 5 people working on this project, well perhaps more I dunno. Compare that with Sierra. You had over 30 people working on the damn game, that is why it took so quick to develop. So try to keep abit of patience at a game that the AGD's are working so hard on to develop, remaking games is a bloody hard job, especially one as complex as QFG2. The other two remakes took shorter since it was a normal Sierra adventure, QFG2 is much different, all those stats, day and night cycles, timed events, not to mention the length of the game.

And even AMG summed it up pretty well about the activity of the forums. Forums aren't pubs where the locals would walk in and have a chat. There are two lives in this modern world now, real lives and online lives, and well, the real life is much more serious than the internet. So enough of these posts about QFG2 taking too long and why everyone's buggered off, people haven't lost faith in the game, no faith has been lost in AGDI and no faith has been lost in the entire community, things are just taking a while to move along.

Do you really expect the AGD's to be glued to their computers? They're just like you and me, they have lives and they don't really want their entire time on the computer.

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#12 Post by Fribbi » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:51 pm

Fribbi? Have you not heard of patience? Sure it's taken a long time to be made but everyone else here can handle it, like myself. You've tried to remake a game, it's not a walk in the park you know. It's not just a thought that comes to your head, remaking a game takes time and effort and I know.

There are 5 people working on this project, well perhaps more I dunno. Compare that with Sierra. You had over 30 people working on the damn game, that is why it took so quick to develop. So try to keep abit of patience at a game that the AGD's are working so hard on to develop, remaking games is a bloody hard job, especially one as complex as QFG2. The other two remakes took shorter since it was a normal Sierra adventure, QFG2 is much different, all those stats, day and night cycles, timed events, not to mention the length of the game.

And even AMG summed it up pretty well about the activity of the forums. Forums aren't pubs where the locals would walk in and have a chat. There are two lives in this modern world now, real lives and online lives, and well, the real life is much more serious than the internet. So enough of these posts about QFG2 taking too long and why everyone's buggered off, people haven't lost faith in the game, no faith has been lost in AGDI and no faith has been lost in the entire community, things are just taking a while to move along.

Do you really expect the AGD's to be glued to their computers? They're just like you and me, they have lives and they don't really want their entire time on the computer.
Yes I understand Broomie and I was not complaining about that. I was complaining why it is so quiet here and then I asked just a simple christmass question. It has nothing to do with AGDI team.

But ok maybe I should go since I am getting this bad feeling being here again and come back next year so have very good christmass then and happy new year and thank you for the last year goodbye then. This website are getting too boring now for me.
:p  :(

Ghost_Rider
Knight Status

Re: Christmas?

#13 Post by Ghost_Rider » Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:51 am

Erpy wrote:Let's hope it's the former, eh?
That sounds very Canadian... eh!   ;)

Slarty Bardfast wrote:GIVE HIM THE STICK! DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK!!! DO YOU KNOW MY DAD!!
Hey, I think I saw that... making fun of G.I. Joe right?

QFG2VGA would be a great Christmas present.  If not... a castle would be a good Christmas present.  You said games, but I'm using my imagination, because I can't think of any games I want which I do not already own.

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#14 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:46 am

Broomie wrote:And even AMG summed it up pretty well about the activity of the forums
Wow Broomie agreeing with me thats new.
:lol

Oilers99
Royal Servant Status

#15 Post by Oilers99 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:25 am

I think it's my presence. Even though I'm a n00b, I've killed your poor forum.

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#16 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:53 am

Dont say that we are glad to have you everyone is welcome

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#17 Post by Gronagor » Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:00 pm

Oilers99 wrote:I think it's my presence. Even though I'm a n00b, I've killed your poor forum.
All forums will pick up in December. They always do. :)

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#18 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:13 am

God I hate December so much

Ghost_Rider
Knight Status

#19 Post by Ghost_Rider » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:10 am

Quest For Glory Fan wrote:God I hate December so much

Why?  We get some days off, time to relax, maybe have a snowball fight... I like the winter.  December is the one time of year (usually close to Christmas day) that I get to see extended family.  Of course I somehow manage to get sick almost every year, but when I stay healthy it's a time I really enjoy.

Skyshark
Knight Status

#20 Post by Skyshark » Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:47 pm

A little thing called work has sucked up a lot of my time at the moment. Plus, I'm only checking the boards every now and then, as I'm mainly waiting for QFG2VGA to come out and progress has been painstakingly slow, hence not much point in coming here nearly every day.