Simon the Socerer 4 announced!

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

El_Listo
Royal Servant Status

Simon the Socerer 4 announced!

#1 Post by El_Listo » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:58 pm

Im back to the internet after some time busy with some real-life stuff and I see that SIMON THE SORCERER 4 IS ANNOUNCED IN LOTS OF GERMAN SITES ! (one of them being this http://www.4players.de/4players.php/dis ... 48238.html)

The game is going to be 3D and POINT AND CLICK, and developed by a different company but with the supervision of Woodroffe (in my opinion he should make most of the plot and dialogues) and it's expected to be out in Q3 2006.

I hope people don't start bashing the game because of Simon3D, that kind of attitude it's what's killing the adventure genre sirs, we can all get angry when the game is out.

And I also hope they don't forget about the rest of the world and make a proper announcement in english, so we all can go fuzzy and warm inside.

Those news are so arse-kicking kick-arse that you are gonna imagine yourself kicking a giant arse and destroying it to bits in a way that you are gonna get arrested by the local authorities for throwing thousands of tiny arse bits in public space!

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#2 Post by Angelus3K » Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:57 pm

I absolutlely love Simon the Sorceror!!! (Well it is british made!)

But AdventureSoft arent making it......? Did they sell the rights or something? Simon3D was and is terrible but Simon 1 and 2 are classics.

So who is this woodruffe guy? the writer?

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#3 Post by Fribbi » Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:15 pm

So who is this woodruffe guy? the writer?
Not me I am afraid hahahaha! :lol

I have already fired Simon from my game but instead I hired a new and better wizard for my game. And his name is Timon. But Simon was always complaining about my game last game he was in and said it was so short and silly and he didn't got paid for that job and bla bla bla...So I was actually glad to get rid of him.  

But I wish you good luck with your new adventure game Simon. At least you are not in a "Wrong game" again hahahaha. :lol  :rollin

El_Listo
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by El_Listo » Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:52 pm

Angelus, this man is the creator of Simon and all his world, therefore he kicks serious butt.

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

#5 Post by Vildern » Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:35 pm

[out-of-control-mode on]

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[out-of-control-mode off]

OMG!  :D  Simon 1 and 2 were some of my most favorite games ever!

Broomie
The Enigma

#6 Post by Broomie » Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:58 pm

Simon the Sorcerer is a great series, well I excuse the third since it was TOTORR RABBUSH!

Anyway, looking forward to this.

El_Listo
Royal Servant Status

#7 Post by El_Listo » Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:06 pm

I forgot to mention that the game will be for PC and the next-generation consoles, and that's the only thing that's keeping me a bit skeptical about it. They said it's gonna be P&C, maybe the consoles game will be controlled like Simon3D or Broken Sword 3, by keyboard, and the PC version by mouse, we will see...

Anyway, I hope they don't try to appeal more to the console crowd, because that's more dangerous than jumping nude in front of a 3-week hungry pitbull, BS3 was designed mostly for consoles, and well, it wasn't a bad game but we all know that the most purists didn't liked it very much.

Slarty Bardfast
Royal Servant Status

KICK ARSE

#8 Post by Slarty Bardfast » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:13 pm

Those news are so arse-kicking kick-arse that you are gonna imagine yourself kicking a giant arse and destroying it to bits in a way that you are gonna get arrested by the local authorities for throwing thousands of tiny arse bits in public space!
YEAH! Couldn't have said that better myself.  Can I use this in the future for sigs etc?

El_Listo
Royal Servant Status

Re: KICK ARSE

#9 Post by El_Listo » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:14 pm

Slarty Bardfast wrote:Can I use this in the future for sigs etc?
Sure dude, use it wisely...

Slarty Bardfast
Royal Servant Status

Roger That!

#10 Post by Slarty Bardfast » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:46 pm

Ok Will do, it's a powerful statement so I'll try to be careful with it. Thanks!