Broken Sword 4: The Angel of Death - Teaser movie

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

El_Listo
Royal Servant Status

Broken Sword 4: The Angel of Death - Teaser movie

#1 Post by El_Listo » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:08 am

The BS4 official website has opened it's doors only showing a teaser movie (it doesn't tell very much about the game, just a few teaser lines...)

http://www.brokenswordtheangelofdeath.com

What do you think about it? Let's especulate about BS4 plot!

And also, there's a little goodie hidden on the site...
[spoiler]If you click on the skull's eyes you will get acces to the BS4 wallpaper[/spoiler]

Im really looking forward to this game, I hope they learn from the mistakes they made in BS3...

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#2 Post by Angelus3K » Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:00 pm

I thought BS3 was great, but a bit too much box puzzles.

El_Listo
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by El_Listo » Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:29 pm

Yeah, and the Splinter Cell-like parts sucked a bit too.

One of the new things they did put in BS3 that I liked were the timed sequences where you had to press a button, similar to Dragon's Lair.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#4 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:41 pm

Hey I thought Stobbart was spelt with "Two B's and two T's" but clearly theres one t. Now I've seen everything. Also this game says it will conclude the series but I thought 3 was supposed to. I can't really speculate on these games though because I still haven't gotten around to Broken Sword III however I did complete II a few months ago. Maybe I'll pick it up for christmas.

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#5 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:03 pm

Ive never played "Broken Sword. I hear its good, anyone know where to purchuse(sp) these games?

DennisBergkamp
Peasant Status

#6 Post by DennisBergkamp » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:59 pm

The Broken Sword series are awesome! Especially 1 & 3, although I'd have to agree with Angelus:way too many annoying, repetitive box puzzles. Yet the great story/characters easily made up for those.

As far as BS 1 and 2 are concerned, they're kind of oldish... you should be able to get them on ebay. Broken Sword 1 is even supported by ScummVM, so you won't even need dosbox! Anyway, I really recommend getting these games, I still consider them to be some of the best adventure games out there.

Speculating about a BS4 plot ? I read an interview recently with one of the designers, and I think he said something about George falling in love with a stranger. I guess this means no Nico then ?

El_Listo
Royal Servant Status

#7 Post by El_Listo » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:10 pm

Hey AMG, you can get those new re-releases of BS 1 and 2 (in a pack):
http://www.play.com/play247.asp?source= ... tle=857257

They are on DVD and run under Windows XP

And to Dennis... yes, there will be Nico, I personally think that this new girl will bring George some serious problems and Nico is going to save his adventurous butt.