I Hope the project isn't dead

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Endureth
Peasant Status

I Hope the project isn't dead

#1 Post by Endureth » Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:00 pm

I hope the QFG2VGA remake isn't dead. I mean with VU swinging thier axes in an attempt to wax remake projects. ( really sucks they murdered Kings Quest IX). Does anyone know if ADGI has an agreement with VU  a.k.a Sierra to remake thier games. I quess I am just worried because I feel out of all the games that should have been remade it is Quest for Glory II Trial By Fire.  

Endureth

Holy Knight of the almighty

Swift
Dungeon Mistress

#2 Post by Swift » Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:22 pm

AGDI has an agreement with VU so they're allowed to remake QFG2VGA. VU even allowed PO to continue production of KQ9, but the game will be renamed as "The Silver Lining".

Endureth
Peasant Status

That is good news

#3 Post by Endureth » Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:26 pm

Well that is good news...thanks for the info.....

Endureth

Holy Knight of the almighty

Oilers99
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by Oilers99 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:14 am

I'd be more concerned about when the project is going to get released. It seems like it's in a footrace with Duke Nukem Forever. :|

That said, there's no need to worry about whether it will be released. It'll come out. It's just a matter of when.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#5 Post by Blackthorne519 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:55 am

I gotta say, the people making Duke Nukem are getting PAID.

That's the rub of it!

Bt

Major Malfunktion
Peasant Status

#6 Post by Major Malfunktion » Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:33 pm

I registered for the purpose of writing this.

I just have to state how amazingly happy I am to hear of the QFG2 remake.. Never heard anything about it, until stumbling across my old Anthology pack, deciding to Wikipedia-investigate into QFG, then found a random link here... I am very serious, this is my favorite game, ever.. I first played when I was around, oh, say, 7 years old? and I played it for many years after... then moved onto the prequel, then the sequels.. After several relapses of the QFG addiction in my mind, I feel another one coming on.
The remake of QFG1 was well needed, and well done, in my view, and I vowed that the day i remake a game, It'd be no less than QFG2... and you're doing it for me.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

You made my day/week/year.

Peace.

Oh, P.S..
since windows XP, i have found no logical way to work through the original games.. I never got QFG4 to work past the cave, QFG3 had bugs all the way through to do with my system and sound cards etc, and QFG5 was never available in my country..
now i have a better computer, it seems even more impossible to do so.
If there is some simple advice out there to help me play QFG1 through 5, either on my XP computer or G4laptop, would be well appreciated.
Have tried DosBox and whatnot, they all just screw up at the moment..
will of course, keep trying..

Again, thank you, tonight i sleep a happy man.

Slarty Bardfast
Royal Servant Status

Dosbox etc

#7 Post by Slarty Bardfast » Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:14 pm

What happens when you try to run in dosbox? I can run QFG1 VGA on it but I haven't tried the others. Are you getting any error messages? Also if your a big fan of QFG you should try QFG 4.5. It's a parody but it's funny and it might give you your QFG "fix" while waiting for 2 VGA. I think some people didn't like it but I thought it was pretty good.

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#8 Post by Spikey » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:00 pm

Could somebody point Major Malfunktion into the direction of those errorfixing patches? I've forgotten where they are. Again.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Patches

#9 Post by Brainiac » Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:59 am

The general website for the various SCI timer patches is here:

http://www.geocities.com/belzorash/

However, the QfG patches, along with another patch to run QfG5 in Win2K and XP can all be found here:

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arcade/7435/

Enjoy your bug-free adventures in Gloriana!

Major Malfunktion
Peasant Status

#10 Post by Major Malfunktion » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:39 am

generally, my dosbox issues are:
in qfg4, game freezes after ten minutes of gameplay, more or less
(weirdly, no longer have the glitch where you slide down the muck just outside caves.. god i hated that one)
the files i try to run through dosbox, for like, the main file to run qfg2, it says some of the files that, i guess, "work for it", arent usable..
countless crashes, and severe lack of sound..
the main issue for QFG3 was when i try out for the little warrior competition, and you have do have a running race... somewhere on there, i never ever got past it..
it annoys me this still happens, even though i physically own the anthology, unlike a few people i've heard bitchin about how their pirated copies don't work..

man, i could go on, but i just tried again to demonstrate, and i have to remount the drives etc so i can relay the error messages back to you, and its just too much effort.. :p

i have however recently inherited a G4 laptop (yes, i recently gave into the once-hated MAC, mainly being XP's fault) and am now trying the dosbox version for that.. bummer is, it doesnt work on a "C:/" basis, so im starting from scratch.. should be interesting..
also unsure how the cd and installation will work in MAC OSX.9.3, but apparently its do-able.

godammit.. i just wanna be able to click QFG1, 2, 3 or 4, and be able to play the damn thing...

but that's life, huh?

thanks for the replies, btw..

Major Malfunktion
Peasant Status

#11 Post by Major Malfunktion » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:41 am

oh, also, with the patches and things, i have to admit i got a bit lost with what to actually install, and what not to, and what to run in DOSbox, and what leave, i dunno...
was easier back in the days of windows 95..
ugh... (shudder)

Major Malfunktion
Peasant Status

#12 Post by Major Malfunktion » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:27 pm

ha, ok, yes i realise this is my third entry in a row.
apparently (no-one has ever told me)
you run the whole thing through dosbox, including the installation, everything.. a whole new world of options has opened up..

Previously i had installed the game normally, then tried running it through dosbox, hence my problems..

however, after going through QFG4 better than ever for the first part, using my new-found dosbox knowledge, it crashed during character-creation... hopefully a patch fixes this..

also, should patches be run through dosbox as well? hmmm...
anyway, thanks guys, im much closer now, just gotta fiddle round some more, surely.

off to try qfg1-3.  :D

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#13 Post by Spikey » Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:31 am

[Don't mean to mini-mod]

You can edit posts instead of double / triple posting

[/no mini-mod]