Someone on ebay making money off KQ 1 & 2 Remakes!

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

The Talking Skull
Peasant Status

Someone on ebay making money off KQ 1 & 2 Remakes!

#1 Post by The Talking Skull » Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:38 pm

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RPG-ADVENTURE-80- ... dZViewItem
BENEATH A STEEL SKY(THIS IS THE FULL SPEECH SOUNDTRACK VERSION,AN EXCELLENT GAME) ---------- CRUISE FOR A CORPSE(CLASSIC MURDER MYSTERY ADVENTURE,SUPERB GAME!) ---------- CURSE OF ENCHANTIA(BRILLIANT AND CLASSIC ADVENTURE,VERY GOOD!) ------------- FLIGHT OF THE AMAZON QUEEN(THIS IS ALSO A CLASSIC,GREAT GAME WITH FULL SPEECH SOUNDTRACK!) ------------ KINGS QUEST 1 VGA(UPDATED VERSION OF KING'S QUEST WITH BRILLIANT GRAPHICS AND SOUND!) -------------- KINGS QUEST 2 VGA(BRILLIANT SECOND GAME WITH UPDATED GRAPHICS AND SOUND!) -------------- LIESURE SUIT LARRY 2(COMEDY ADVENTURE,A REALLY GOOD FUN ADVENTURE!) ---------------- LURE OF THE TEMPTRESS(CLASSIC ADVENTURE AND A GREAT GAME!) ------------- MANIAC MANSION DELUXE(A FANTASTIC CLASSIC UPDATED WITH GREAT GRAPHICS AND SOUND,BRILLIANT!!!) ------------- SPACE QUEST REPLICATED(RELIVE THOSE SPACE QUEST ADVENTURES WITH THIS GREAT GAME!) ------------- THE NEW ADVENTURES OF ZAK MCKRACKEN(A WHOLE NEW ADVENTURE FOR ZAK AND BETTER TOO!!!) -------------- 5 DAYS A STRANGER(SCARY MANSION MURDER GAME,REALLY GOOD!!) ------------- BERT THE NEWSREADER(FUNNY ADVENTURES IN THE WORLD OF A NEWSCASTER,GOOD FUN!) --------------- BLACK CAULDRON(CLASSIC KINGS QUEST STYLE GAME,GOOD!) -------------- FRY 1,2 AND 3(PIRATE COMEDY ADVENTURES,VERY ENTERTAINING!!!) -------------- KGB(SERIOUS SPY ADVENTURE,SUPERB!) -------------- OUT OF ORDER(FUNNY ADVENTURE WITH GREAT GRAPHICS,A REAL GEM!!) --------------- SOFIA'S DEBT(SCARY MYST STYLE ADVENTURE,EXCELLENT GRAPHICS,GOOD GAME!!!) --------------- TREASURE OF DRUNK ISLAND(A VERY FUNNY ADVENTURE GAME,YOU WILL LAUGH!!!) -------------- CASE OF THE CRABS(EXTREMELY FUNNY DETECTIVE ADVENTURE,IT'S A RIOT!!!)

Vroomfondel
Knight Status

#2 Post by Vroomfondel » Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:26 pm

Wow. Someone trying to make money off of a few legit Sierra titles and a whole bunch of fan games/amateur adventures. This is the first time I've seen someone attempting to charge people for other people's freeware games.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#3 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:28 pm

I've seen this before a while ago. The Erpy shut him down, though. :)

johnb4467
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by johnb4467 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:27 pm

MusicallyInspired wrote:I've seen this before a while ago. The Erpy shut him down, though. :)
"And lo, The Great Erpy shall rise again to smite thine enemies. For the seventh seal is broken, and redistributing AGDI remakes indeed ranks high on the God-doth-hateth list."  :evil

God Erpy.   ;)

Jenkins Loo
Royal Servant Status

#5 Post by Jenkins Loo » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:47 pm

I fear about the possiblity that it could be the same guy than the last time. If this is the case, maybe VU could be told about the thief and where to catch that guy ( or girl ? ).

But the diplomacy and firmness of Erpy worked good last time, it might work again. We support you Erpy!

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#6 Post by Erpy » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:53 pm

I already contacted him when I first noticed this thread and he mentioned he'd take our games off his CD's.

Defiant1
Peasant Status

#7 Post by Defiant1 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:57 pm

What he's doing is completely illegal in the first place though!  Almost all of those games are freeware, and isn't it illegal to make any profit off freeware games?  Even if he is taking advantage of some loophole I don't know about, the fact that almost all of those games can be downloaded for FREE off the internet really puts a dent in his advertisement.  It's not an official compilation, so if there ARE any commercial games, then he doesn't have the rights to sell them because he's just putting them on the cds.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#8 Post by Gronagor » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:12 am

None of the non-amateur games on that disc were released as freeware. All illegal.

From the amateur developers, it is still illegal to sell those without permission from the creators, even if it is freely downloadable on the net.

lukesky
Peasant Status

#9 Post by lukesky » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:49 am

Considering that almost everything this guy is selling seems to be illegal, we should contact the authorities on eBay.  The have a comprehensive program to deal with copyright violators.