The Gamers Thread: PS3, PC, Wii, 360... pick your poison!!

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

KKuhlman
The Silent Witness

#1151 Post by KKuhlman » Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:50 pm

It is a great game, but near the end it starts to go way overboard. And it was too short, not to mention too easy.

8/10, says I.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#1152 Post by Angelus3K » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:30 pm

Glad to see you liked it Soulman,

Yea the story does spin out of control near the end but overall its a pretty solid experiance.

The action sequences take a bit of getting used to and the game clocks in at around 10 hours but it is a quality experiance.

MI, download the demo and see what you think.  ;)

Broomie
The Enigma

#1153 Post by Broomie » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:05 pm

It seems alot of people are using glitches to complete games much faster than expected. Check this guy beat Super Mario in 16 minutes with only 16 stars.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... q=mario+64

It's funny how people find the glitches to complete the game faster. Yet a certain glitch in QFG4 can't allow you to play the game at all. Strange little world.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Fahrenheit and Glitches

#1154 Post by Brainiac » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:34 am

Ang, I'm actually looking into getting Fahrenheit myself.  From what I've seen, it's very head-trippy and conspiracy laced (and similar to The Moment of Silence in that sense).  However, it's Fahrenheit I want, not Indigo Prophecy.  The idiotic renaming stateside, not to mention the really pathetic censorship (who wears any form of clothing in a shower?) just annoys me.  I'm also looking into grabbing a copy of the European MYST V Collector's Edition as well as I'd much rather have the art/preview booklet than the miniature strategy guide.

As to glitches...yeah, it is amusing, Jamie.  Beating things quicker is always a fascination.  It doesn't even have to be via glitches.  Look at the Metroid games, the recent Zero Mission in particular; that game was designed with speedthroughs and sequnce breaking in mind!

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#1155 Post by Angelus3K » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:40 am

Good luck grabbing a copy (not that it would be hard to do so). It sold quite well for an adventure game so there should be a Fahrenheit 2 on the horizon!

Should keep you a little busy until Fool's Errand  ;)

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Games

#1156 Post by Brainiac » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:04 am

Angelus3K wrote:Good luck grabbing a copy (not that it would be hard to do so). It sold quite well for an adventure game so there should be a Fahrenheit 2 on the horizon!

Should keep you a little busy until Fool's Errand  ;)
Actually, Fahrenheit (not Indigo Prophecy) is on Overstock.com right now, but I'm still checking around for anything closer to the US price (IP is $40, Fahrenheit is listed as $50).

And, to recap, The Fool's Errand has been in existence in some form since 1987.  The Fool and his Money is the sequel I ardently await (currently slated for April 24th).  For further information, consult CLiFF's website here.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#1157 Post by Angelus3K » Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:04 pm

I'd just like to welcome Jamie to the brotherhood of the... PSP!!

Welcome Brother Broomie!  ;)  :hat

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#1158 Post by Angelus3K » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:40 am

Sony's PSP handheld entertainment system outsold the Nintendo DS in the U.S. by over 1 million units in 2005, in a report published Jan. 13 by The Mercury News.

The PSP sold 3.63M units to customers to take 35% of the handheld market.

Nintendo sold 2.43M units to customers to take 23.5% of the handheld market.

The PSP, however, did not beat out Nintendo's Game Boy Advance at 4.26M units and 41% marketshare.

Sony's PSP has seen brisk sales in the U.S. for its multimedia functions, while the Nintendo DS maintains a top dog position in Japan on offbeat game sales.
A PSP site is reporting this but cites no source for the info so take it with a pinch of salt for now.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#1159 Post by Angelus3K » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:53 am

Whoohoo!! Sony is defeated!!

Homebrew is now available on all firmware versions (apart from 2.6 in which the syscalls are different but its a matter of time) so get ready Broomie ScummVM is coming to your bro's PSP so get it off him NOW!!

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#1160 Post by Angelus3K » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:25 pm

This is HILARIOUS!!

True, but hilarious

The dreadful Load Times of Smackdown Vs Raw 2006 for PSP.

I have this game and this video is totally true, it is a great game, one of the best for PSP but the load times sure do suck!

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#1161 Post by Angelus3K » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:24 pm

World of Warcraft... Anyone played it??

I've never played an MMORPG and this looks like a fun game for beginners and pro's alike.

I think I might try this or FFXI what do you guys think?

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#1162 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:42 pm

their the same price but XI is crap. WOW is fun and has more to it including player vs player.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#1163 Post by Angelus3K » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:11 pm

Thats right folks!! Check out http://ps3.ign.com/ the PS3 has officially been announced for a worldwide launch in November 2006!!

Alot of gaming sites are crying over the fact it has been delayed from the previous "Spring Japan" launch but this is huge news for Europe as we'll actually be getting it about 6 months earlier this way!!

Supply will obviously be limited so get those pre-orders in around May when prices etc will be revealed at E3 2006!

PS3 is also confirmed to have a 60GB HD (not confirmed whether it comes with the console or not), support for PSOne and PS2 games which are upscaled to HD quality and an Xbox Live! Killer currently titled the Playstation Network Platform.

I assume more detailed info will be shown at E3 2006!

Also good news for PSP users, with a new update coming in the end of this year Macromedia Flash capability is being added as well as a camera peripheral enabling you to make video phone calls! Also a GPS addon is being released and the best part is a new service which will let you download modified PSone and PS2 games and play them on your PSP from the memory stick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#1164 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:43 am

metal gear solid subsistence came out today, I hope to see some of you online soon.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

PlayStation

#1165 Post by Brainiac » Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:58 pm

Quest For Glory Fan wrote:...XI is crap.
Why do you have that opinion, QFGF?  I'm just curious, especially since my all-time favorite FF Job class, the Blue Mage, has been announced for the next expansion.

And concerning the PS3, I'm incredibly happy to hear that there will be no region-encoding difference between the US and Japan (if not everywhere else).  The only thing I wonder is if that will extend to the PS1/PS2 emulation as well...if it does, I'm going import-mad. :D

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#1166 Post by Angelus3K » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:37 pm

Yea Brainiac, PS3 is completely region free. Good point about the PS1 and PS2 games I guess that might be revealed at E3.

PS3 is also confirmed to come with the 60GB HD as standard.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

Re: PlayStation

#1167 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:30 pm

BraNiac wrote:
Quest For Glory Fan wrote:...XI is crap.
Why do you have that opinion, QFGF?  I'm just curious, especially since my all-time favorite FF Job class, the Blue Mage, has been announced for the next expansion.
well if you read the rest of the post you'd see.  ;)

Anyways I've been playing Metal Gear Online and I'm kind of dissapointed with the server population. There are 20 servers and only 2 ever have people in them. server 1 always has 900-1000 and server 2 always has 200-300. I guess if only 8 people can be in a room though it's ok. It's incredibly addicting though. I really do hope to see more people on there. It acme out cheap actually. brand new I paid $39.99 when usually in Canada games are $69.99. Plus I was the first person in my town to buy it at the local EB so I got the Limited Edition disk for free! In conclusion you guys should play this incredible addicting game. It comes with Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 as well exactly as ported from the MSX.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#1168 Post by Angelus3K » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:35 pm

Sounds cool, I might pick that up sometime.

I would assume Metal Gear 1 & 2 were emulated rather than ported but they sure look cool, are they any good?

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#1169 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:39 pm

not really haha but there are hours of extras on the second disk those are just included. If you do buy it though make sure you choose "I like MGS3" when it asks your favorite game because it unlocks some of the funnier extras. They were cool back in 1985 though. on my LE disk it shows Hideo Kojima talking about how they sold 1 million copies of the original (about half  as much as Mario 1 and a million times better than ET) and he had nothing to do with the sequel and he hated it so he made his own metal gear 2 at the same time with his crew that made the original and his did 4 times as good than Konamis "Metal Gear 2 Snake's Revenge".

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#1170 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:45 pm

DOUBLE POST!!!!!

anyways thought I would just chime in to say that lately I've been playing alot of Fallout 2 (1999) and it really is one of the best RPGs out there. On par with Arcanum and Baldurs Gate (actually it weas made by the same guys that did BG) Really great game and was wondering if anyone else played it.

KKuhlman
The Silent Witness

#1171 Post by KKuhlman » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:56 am

Fallout 1-2 are not only on par with Arcanum and Baldur's Gate but much, much better. And yes, I've played them. Often. Too often. Way too often. In fact, two days ago I started replaying them again.. I don't think I've ever seen any other game that would have had such an effect on me.

Me, Dogmeat and The Vault Dweller are inseparable friends.
*hugs and kisses his Fallout 2 box*

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Ranking

#1172 Post by Brainiac » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:05 pm

For all the Final Fantasy followers on the board...

...Famitsu has given FF12 a perfect 40.

That makes the sixth ever in the history of the magazine.  Not bad (though you could argue Famitsu's weakening its harshness of the reviews).  However, one thing that shocks me about the new game is the lack of the classic summons.  Leviathan, Bahamut, Ifrit, Shiva and the rest are simply airships in this game; the new summon creatures (appropriate to Ivalice, I must admit) are the Lucavi of FF Tactics and the Totema of FF Tactics Advance.  I'm not sure I like the change, but having the Totema should be fun.  After all, they're based on the final bosses of the first 5 FF games...

...which means control of Chaos, the Emperor, the Dark Cloud, Zeromus, and Exdeath. <insert evil smiley>

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#1173 Post by Angelus3K » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:52 pm

Yea I read about that last week on IGN! It must mean the game is fantastic! I'm a little wary because of the changes (cant beat FFX battle system) but time will tell when the US and EU releases aka english lol are available.

I think with the EU release I'll be playing FFXII on my PS3 in HD rather than the PS2 lol.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#1174 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:44 pm

Just got my copy of Gabriel Knight from Ebay. There's something abit sticky on the front of the case but that's ok because the CD looks like it is BRAND NEW! Definetly worth 20 american so I can't wait to play it. Also Fallout 2 rocks but I've lost 1 which I've preferred. Arcanum you must say is under rated though with it's classical violin soundtrack and amazing graphics for it's time. It even had a level cap that was something just a bit above needed so it worked which has never happened in another CRPG. well I think I have to steal your sig Angelus as mine is getting old haha. I'm excited if you dind't notice.  :D

P.S What system is FF12 going to be on?

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#1175 Post by Angelus3K » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:56 pm

FFXII is for PS2 but by the time it is released in the UK I'll have a PS3 and might aswell play it on that which will upscale the image to HD.