Dr. Brain Copyrights?

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Vroomfondel
Knight Status

Dr. Brain Copyrights?

#1 Post by Vroomfondel » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:42 am

I never played any of the games in Sierra's Dr. Brain series, but I did play the demo on the KQ6 CD, and I caught the reference in QFGs IV and V. But does anyone know if the copyrights for DR. Brain were sold? I remember several years ago that several Dr. Brain puzzle games were being sold at the local software shops in my area, but they weren't published by Sierra. Anyone have an answer?

Pidgeot
Defense Minister Status

#2 Post by Pidgeot » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:44 am

The copyrights are with Vivendi. Sierra made 4 games in the series (Castle of Dr. Brain, Island of Dr. Brain, The Lost Mind of Dr. Brain and The Time Warp of Dr. Brain), and at some point after Sierra was sold, Knowledge Adventure, part of Vivendi, released 3 other games in the series.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Brain for a more detailed description.

Both The Lost Mind and The Time Warp should be easy to find cheaply on eBay. I don't know about the others, but I'd imagine the Knowledge Adventure are also readily available.

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#3 Post by Spikey » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:03 pm

What? Why do I only know the first two. I feel like such a Sierra newb right  now. Which I am not. No. I played kq2 in black and white. With a lot of stripes covering the screen. And a grey square who called herself a witch.

Vroomfondel
Knight Status

#4 Post by Vroomfondel » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:28 am

Aha. I never knew that Knowledge Adventure was part of Vivendi. Thanks.