World Of Warcraft.

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

World Of Warcraft.

#1 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:10 am

I posted this at the WoW forums a while ago but it said "login server down" Read this and see what I've been going through for the past couple days.
Hello,
I just purchased my copy of WoW yesterday and subscribed for 6 months. I than found that my disk 1 would not get passed a certain point when installing Terrain. I used my brothers old disks from when the game came out and installed the program successfully but I needed to download the patch. O.K. I'll do that. Than I couldn't create a character on my brothers server becasuse it was full at the time when I would have waited in a queue if it was offered. After that my computer decided something was wrong and had to go back to yesterday so I installed the game again just now. I'm trying to get the patch back and the Tracker isn't responding. I've played the game before just to see how it was and now I'm having such a hard time just to get my own game to work that I have spent $150 on. I went to the technical support service on the website and it gave me a white webpage that said service down. Can someone please help me with the tracker?

Thanks,
Rob.

The Avatar
Knight Status

WoW

#2 Post by The Avatar » Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:26 am

Hey.. i play WoW.. and Tuesdays are patch days.. and today was a bad one.  All the servers and webpages have been down all day, and i think they only in the last couple hours went up.  I'm betting half your problems may have been because of this.   The game has installed and run perfectly for me on numerous occasions.. with three different copies of the game, so I don't think your problem is a common occurance.  I hope you can work out the glitches.. and maybe i'll see you soon in Azeroth!

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#3 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:49 pm

I'm going to play blackrock and Dunemaul if you want in. (Horde side btw).

I'm now installing my new disk one. It turns out when mine got printed there was a hue around the disk so I went to EB and yelled at them so they replaced it with another boxes so I would leave. It's sad that the only way to get results is to yell nowadays.

The Avatar
Knight Status

Heh.. uh.. you're in for a surprise

#4 Post by The Avatar » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:08 am

Well, guess what news i read when i logged in today?

There is a list of Realms on WoW, that they've actually closed to new accounts creating characters on.. and Blackrock is on that list.  (I happen to have a character on that realm already, so i'm safe..)  The news states that they'll take a realm off the list as they see fit in the weeks to come though ;)

I may check out the other server though.. it could be fun to play with a Quest for Glory Fan!

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#5 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:25 pm

Ya I saw that when I logged in. Everything works fine I just need to start putting mods in and I'll get my brother to get that going. I'm playing horde on Dunemaul and I've started characters that I've neverplayed before. If you start a dunemaul character (Horde) add Goboka Hinter and Lexanis.

The Avatar
Knight Status

Playing WoW...

#6 Post by The Avatar » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:06 pm

Alright!  I created a Troll Mage named Gnaritusus on Dunemaul, and befriended your characters.  Hope to see you on ;)

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#7 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:55 pm

playing Lexanis right now if you're around (5 UD priest)

Slarty Bardfast
Royal Servant Status

HOHOHO!

#8 Post by Slarty Bardfast » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:27 pm

Any of you on Eonar? I've got a character called Slarty and then an Alt called Sludgevohaul who's in the works trying to create a guild called "The Disciples of Slarty" I'm hoping to get the guild to be quite large and then log back on as my 60 and see what happens......

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#9 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:22 pm

is Eonar a PVP server? Are your characters Horde? ( I just don't like the allliance that much)

PS. Post 1200 WOOTAGE

Pidgeot
Defense Minister Status

#10 Post by Pidgeot » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:35 am

Evidently, I'm the only one here who plays WoW on the European servers. That, or no one else wants to admit they play it. :p

Slarty Bardfast
Royal Servant Status

PVE Horde

#11 Post by Slarty Bardfast » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:42 am

I think it's PVE, I play the Horde. I have an alliance dwarf called "Fiery-Jack" but I haven't played him for awhile.  The alliance smell like cabbage....

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#12 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:15 am

well why don't you come start on Dunemaul with us? it's a reliable PVP and it would be cool to have the 3 of us starting out there.

The Avatar
Knight Status

yeah.. very cool

#13 Post by The Avatar » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:19 pm

Dunemaul has been fun so far.. i really like my troll mage ;)  he's level 7 now i think?  I'm prepared to take him over to Silverpine, if you want to level on that side of the world.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#14 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:24 pm

I'm a level 8 priest now.. or 9 I believe. Lexanis is coming along nicely and he's already in Orgrimmar. Try to get into a guild and than invite me. Meybe we can do RFC together in a bit.