Changes to various minor QG2EGA stuff?

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

ATMachine
Royal Servant Status

Changes to various minor QG2EGA stuff?

#1 Post by ATMachine » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:24 pm

I know the AGDs are reducing the Griffin-killing point penalty (as per Corey Cole's stated wish), but is there any definite word from them on whether or not the Saurus Repair Lot or a Mage's Maze game will be in the remake?

I did a Forum Search already and didn't find an answer.

Also, in the original game Rakeesh's flaming sword Soulforge had red flames, not blue ones. Has this been corrected or left as it was?

Keep up the excellent work!

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#2 Post by Erpy » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:32 pm

I can state the soulforge's flames are blue in our version though.

As for the other question...we're looking into their inclusion.

Vroomfondel
Knight Status

#3 Post by Vroomfondel » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:13 am

Wait, didn't you earn points in the original QFG2 for killing the Griffin? Or was that only for Fighters?

ATMachine
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by ATMachine » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:43 am

No, you only earned points for finding its nest and for taking a feather (with or without killing it) AFAIK.

Moreover, killing the griffin prevents you from becoming a paladin at the end. QG2 awards hidden "Paladin Points" for doing honorable actions, and you can get 34 Paladin Points total during the game (as a Fighter), and an extra 16 are awarded at the ending. These 50 points are then added to your normal Puzzle Points.

You need at least 25 PP to become a Paladin. But killing the Griffin subtracts 10 PP from your total, leaving at most 24 Paladin Points--not enough to qualify.

Aperama
Peasant Status

#5 Post by Aperama » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:14 am

While the Mage's Maze was inherently fun, the only real place you got to see Erasmus in QFG2 was in WIT; if you're thinking, instead of the little test with the bells, that'd make sense, or perhaps playing it against Aziza or Keapon Laffin; otherwise, it'd be kinda hard to fit in, continuity-wise, wouldn't it?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#6 Post by Erpy » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:57 am

The actual Mage's Maze as you knew it was never to be included in QFG2. There WERE some raw designs for a mini-game called Wizard's Whirl that was to be part of QFG2, but it never got out of the initial design stage.

Vroomfondel
Knight Status

#7 Post by Vroomfondel » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:42 pm

Ah yes, Wizard's Whirl. Erasmus mentions it in 5 (and Fenrus says that Erasmus blew the game up because he was losing  :lol ) Anyway, I recall that one of the QFG sites I used to frequent mentioned something about it being in one of the games and it was a good way to improve magic. I never knew that they were thinking of adding it to 2 EGA though.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Wizard's Whirl

#8 Post by Brainiac » Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:34 am

Vroomfondel wrote:Ah yes, Wizard's Whirl. Erasmus mentions it in 5 (and Fenrus says that Erasmus blew the game up because he was losing  :lol
As I recall, WW was originally intended to be the means through which you acquired Whirlwind, much like Dazzle in QfG1.  Hence the appropriate title.  I didn't know it was originally intended for QfG2.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#9 Post by Erpy » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:05 pm

No, the term Wizard's Whirl was already existent before production on QFG5 was even started. The only things that were completed for QFG2 was a short set of instructions on how to play (specifically mentioning the term Wizard's whirl) and a basic design sketch of the game board. Time (and space) constraints obviously didn't allow the team to further develop these.

Paladinlover
Knight Status

#10 Post by Paladinlover » Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:37 pm

Ah yes, Wizard's Whirl. Erasmus mentions it in 5 (and Fenrus says that Erasmus blew the game up because he was losing   )
Well, according to Erasmus, he 'got a little overenthusiastic' but that could probably mean that found it to becoming boring after a while and decided to end it quickly so they could start over. Erasmus strikes me as sort of 'good loser' but he still cheats at cards... but only because Baba Yaga does it and she STILL beats him!  :rollin

Till next time stay cool  :smokin