Hilarious Weekly Podcast

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Milan Easton
Ruler of the Castle

Hilarious Weekly Podcast

#1 Post by Milan Easton » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:44 pm

Hey guys,

I have a link to a really funny weekly podcast with a really talented comedian.  Hope you'll get a chance to check it out and have some laughs:

http://slapcast.com/users/fenzwik

Let me know what you think!

Anonymous Game Developer 1

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#2 Post by Erpy » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:07 am

John Bell absolutely rocks.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#3 Post by navynuke04 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:00 am

Indeed he does. He even mentions Himalaya Studios on his profzounds.com website (though you have to dig just a bit).

His voices in Al Emmo still crack me up. :D

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#4 Post by Angelus3K » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:43 am

navynuke04 wrote:Indeed he does. He even mentions Himalaya Studios on his profzounds.com website (though you have to dig just a bit).

His voices in Al Emmo still crack me up. :D
I cant wait to hear it!  ;)

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Heh-heh-heh

#5 Post by Brainiac » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:13 pm

That's funny stuff.  I like it.  So what role(s) does he have in Al Emmo?

Milan Easton
Ruler of the Castle

#6 Post by Milan Easton » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:27 pm

John Bell is amazing.  He is basically every voice you hear in that radio show except for the woman.  In Al Emmo, he took on the roles of the narrator (amazing!!), the indian chief, indian warrior, indian guards, the pharmacist, the mayor, the hospitality house owner, the stable manager--and quite a few extra voices where easter eggs are concerned.  You cannot tell any of them are the same person (people who have alpha tested the game were utterly amazed).  He could really be a one man show.  It was also pretty amazing, when he'd record his lines, he'd often add little impromtu comedy sketches which would get the team laughing for quite some time.  We've even put a few in the game.  He's also a talented artist as well...and came make a mean lymeric:)

Glad you enjoyed the show...

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#7 Post by Erpy » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:02 pm

Erm, AGD1, you're talking as if people here actually played the game. Most of them probably can't picture any of the characters you're describing.  :lol

But yeah, he's basically done 8 different npc's and the narrator. (who has over 3500 lines) It's a good thing he has his own recording studio and equipment.

Milan Easton
Ruler of the Castle

#8 Post by Milan Easton » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:37 am

Hehe, Erpy, actually, I had originally started the post mentioning merely the characters NAMES--which would have made it more difficult to know who I was speaking about.  Then I changed it to large explanations as to who each character was (which would have been a spoiler!).  So, as an inbetween, I deleted my post, and answered the question merely by stating "job descriptions" ;)

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#9 Post by Angelus3K » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:09 pm

This John Bell seems like a famous wealthy guy, what made him decide to do voices for Al Emmo? (Of course he would of jumped at the chance, just wondering if there was any story accosiated with it.)

Milan Easton
Ruler of the Castle

#10 Post by Milan Easton » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:58 pm

A love of his work and adventure games in general :D A journalist contacted him and told him of the auditions, and he jumped at the chance to do some work, doing something he enjoys.  JB is really one of a kind, in the best way possible.

Anonymous Game Developer #1

profzounds
Peasant Status

Me?? RICH?? FAMOUS????

#11 Post by profzounds » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:00 pm

Hi.  John Bell, here.  Thank you all for your kind words about my work.  But I *HAD* to butt in and answer the charge of being rich and famous!  I'm in radio... in Mobile, Alabama!  Ain't NOBODY getting rich or famous in radio... in Mobile!  

I hope everybody buys a copy of Al Emmo...altho it really doesn't matter that much because I already got PAID!  

But not enough to make me rich.

Or particularly famous!

---------JB

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#12 Post by navynuke04 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:11 pm

Hey John! Glad to see you dropped in. I hope you're enjoying your vacation at the Bug Zapper contest. ;)

Milan Easton
Ruler of the Castle

#13 Post by Milan Easton » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:50 am

What a wonderful surprise to see you around the forums, JB!  I've downloaded all your latest podcasts, which have been enjoyed by not only me, but the numerous friends who hear a bit of them while doing other activities, sit down to hear what it is that I'm listening to, and then become hooked and fans themselves.

You definitely have enough talent and drive to be the richest, most famous person on the planet.  Thank you again for all the work you did for Al Emmo.

I hope you're having a great time on your vacation, and that you have a chance to drop by again sometime! :)

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#14 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:17 am

Crap you ggotta buy it

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#15 Post by Angelus3K » Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:34 am

Buy it! I'm the first person to pre-order it (Right Milan  ;)  :lol)

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#16 Post by navynuke04 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:27 am

Is anyone else listening to this every week? John's been doing some great stuff. He's currently running a campaign for a new musical intro for his show. I don't have any musical talent myself, but I know there are plenty of people here that do. Some of you guys should enter stuff. :)

Milan Easton
Ruler of the Castle

#17 Post by Milan Easton » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:35 pm

Huh, I wonder if John Bell has ever thought of making a mailing list, and  sending out a weekly update, whenever a new podcast is available?  I often forget to go back to the site...but everytime I do remember, I'm pleasantly surprised and have catchup work to do.

That's cool there is a musical competition.  Tom should apply!

And yes, Angelus, you are the first to preorder.  You rock! :hat

Anonymous Game Developer #1

JWar
Knight Status

#18 Post by JWar » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:46 pm

Milan, do you realise that you can subscribe to a podcast via iTunes? This will cause iTunes to download the newest podcast as soon as it's released (as long as you run iTunes).