QFG Collection Pack on Ebay

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

x47
Peasant Status

QFG Collection Pack on Ebay

#1 Post by x47 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:27 am

It's finally happened, my quest for glory collection has gone missing somewhere in transit between moving house. I had anticipated this and backed up all the files on my computer so even if I lost the physical game I'd still be able to play, but unfortunately I've lost my backup on my computer too! So I was wondering how often these things turn up on ebay. Am I destined to wait around for the rest of eternity?

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#2 Post by Gronagor » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:51 pm

Well. I kinda expect VU/Sierra will have a re-release for QfG as well. Perhaps even later this year. Heck, perhaps you'd do us all a favor if you could contact them and ask about this possibility!!

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#3 Post by Fribbi » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:15 am

Are you telling me that people who owns the Quest for glory Collection pack will never give it away or sell it on Ebay anymore?

:rollin  Hahahahaha!

Well I think that will not surprize anyone here. Everybody here loves Quest for glory series now.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#4 Post by Gronagor » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:52 am

Just check e-bay often. I've bought the collection from a few months ago.

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#5 Post by Fribbi » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:52 am

I never use the e-bay to shop anything from there, actually I have never shop anything from internet. But I sometimes browse it.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#6 Post by Angelus3K » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:36 am

90% of stuff I buy is from the Internet.

Its alot cheaper and you just have to wait for it to come through the door!

x47
Peasant Status

#7 Post by x47 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:20 am

I found a copy for £55, which is a bit steep for a second hand game for me. I really can't see how Vivendi can abandon the sierra classic's so easily. I am seriously considering writing a letter to them and posting it from the UK saying that they should either sell me a copy of the anthology, release a "classic sierra titles" pack available for retail or sell the rights so another company can distribute the games. It's just ludicrous to actively keep these games from anyone.

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#8 Post by Fribbi » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:44 am

All new computers todays can't handle those old classic games any longer without dosbox software.

I think they in Vivendi should rather update all of those game first rather than putting them back to sale. I wouldn't buy those old classic games, wich I never was able to buy when they were in the best quality in that time, even if it went back to sale unless it has being reprogrammed again, so it could fit well in any computers todays. I mean some old classic games like those Sierra game needs to be updated with better sounds. music qualities and video qualities to satisfy all new customers todays.

So in other hand, it is not a good a idea to start a sale on old classic computers games wich some few people from this world would buy. But you are right with one thing that Vivendi should sell the copyright to those who really want to update all of those game since they don't want to do it, so it can again be sellable and make million dollars investments for the whole company.  

AGDI are one of those few fans club who are still reworking on a old classic game like Sierra games because many others fans have given up on trying to recreate the classic shape of the sierra games again.  It is not good enough because AGDI needs more people to be able to handle all of those classic sierra games so it can be release in shorter times so we don't have to wait more 5 years for every new updated games. I mean there is a lot of others sierra games wich really need to be updated and people will normally forget those games or have no interestings on those games when they finally come out.

AGDI are really lucky that you fans are still here and having big interestings on their new upcoming updated Sierra classic game here even you have being waiting after it in so long time.  That is a miracle for those wonderful team.  :D

Keep in mind that there is not only old Sierra classis games wich are not in sale todays because of this issue.

I know what you are all thinking about, but this is the truth why it is so hard to find those old goodies today.

You would never buy a old car or a old house wich definatly needs so many many repairings right? It will then cost too many moneys for you. So it is like buying the cat in the sack.  In other word, it is not worth it.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#9 Post by navynuke04 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:24 pm

Everyone realizes that Vivendi is planning on releasing Quest Compilations that are supposed to be compatible with today's computer's right? I don't think Quest For Glory is one of the compilations they plan to release, but there are quite a few others.

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#10 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:01 am

How bout a GK rerelease

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

GK

#11 Post by Brainiac » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:57 pm

AsianMusicGuy wrote:How bout a GK rerelease
No.  We don't need a Gabriel Knight remake...we need a GK sequel.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#12 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:49 pm

I found out that if I wanted to get all 3 GK games it would cost me $50 and might not even work on my new system so I geuss that's out untill a rerelease.

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#13 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:41 am

Hello dosboc and whered u find m I got 50$'s

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#14 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:44 am

well I went on Ebay and looked around for a bit. Sins of the father is like $5

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#15 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:48 am

No for all 3 dude all 3!

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#16 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:55 am

I never said the other 2 weren't there  :p

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#17 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:53 pm

I hate ebay anywhere else

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#18 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:08 am

no where that I've looked.

link5186
Peasant Status

#19 Post by link5186 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:30 am

honestly, I've had better luck through "less-than-legal" means of obtaining a lot of older games. anymore, just finding a hardcopy of some of the old favorites is nearly impossible, but finding a good friend with one is a bit easier. I wish there was a more reliable way, but that's about it. :rolleyes

Jontas
Royal Servant Status

FYI

#20 Post by Jontas » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:54 pm

Currently on Amazon.com you can pre-order compilations for Police quest, Space quest, Kings quest and Leisure Suit Larry. Each for $19.99 said to be released March 30th.
Thats all I know, hope it helps.

- Jon

Vroomfondel
Knight Status

#21 Post by Vroomfondel » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:54 am

Those collections will probably never come out. I'm betting that VU is just using them to stir up interest in their company, and as an excuse to shut down fangames.

Jontas
Royal Servant Status

#22 Post by Jontas » Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:52 am

uhhhh.......

you're entitled to your opinion of course...
...as am I, and Amazon.com apparently.

I just think it's weak for anyone to argue the use of illegal means as an only option. There's just no excuse to break the law on this one people.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#23 Post by Blackthorne519 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:42 pm

Vroomfondel wrote:Those collections will probably never come out. I'm betting that VU is just using them to stir up interest in their company, and as an excuse to shut down fangames.
Heh.  I think that's a lot of effort for such a pithy thing.  A multi-national, billion dollar industry wouldn't waste it's money like that.

They'll be released.  It's not some big conspiracy theory!

Bt

Senor Matt
Knight Status

#24 Post by Senor Matt » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:02 am

Exactly where did Vivendi say that they would be releasing these compilations? Could anyone tell me if there is a link to a press release or something? It's not that I don't trust your word, I would simply like to read it firsthand and get all the info I can get on it.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#25 Post by navynuke04 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:24 pm

I don't think Vivendi has made an official press release about the games. They appeared for pre-order on Amazon.com. People asked about them in their forums, and the moderators got in touch with some officials at Vivendi and got it confirmed.

AGDI's contact in Vivendi also confirmed the compilations.