Ideas for new adventure game heroes and villains

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Jontas
Royal Servant Status

Ideas for new adventure game heroes and villains

#1 Post by Jontas » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:10 pm

We all know the classics: the Hero, Sonny Bonds, Roger Wilco, Leisure Larry, Indiana Jones, Guybrush Threepwood, ... (and the list goes on)

What kind of hero or villain (or hero/villain) is today's adventure game fanbase looking for. It doesn't even need to be a fictional charactor.

For example, I think George Bush (or some sort of parody of him) would be an excelent charactor for an adventure game. A dim witted president on a half-a**ed wacky quest, I'd play that game any day!

The Avatar
Knight Status

a new hero to play

#2 Post by The Avatar » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:52 pm

Well, Simon the Sorcorer is the closest we've come to playing a real wizard in the adventure gaming world I think.. I've always wanted to make a game where you play a wizard's apprentice, and it's taken seriously.  I suppose Loom came pretty close, but mr. Threadbare was a far cry from the traditional type of wizard.

And in Quest for Glory, you never even got to where wizard's robes as a magic user..  he was always an adventurer first and foremost. (except perhaps in the Trials of Fire, where he gladly took on the role of 'Prince' ;)