Sad day at IA

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Def Zeppelin
Royal Servant Status

#26 Post by Def Zeppelin » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:32 pm

Hope to see things running back to the way it was soon.  GL.

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#27 Post by Fribbi » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:41 pm

I remember when SIS group attacked me when I was working on Leisure suit Larry 3 VGA.  >:

I think those hackers are some kind of group who hates Sierra game's fans who are trying to recreate  Sierra games. I wonder if AGDI have had this same problem with hackers too. What is wrong with those people? Why is it so much joy for them to destroy those works wich has be so painfully awaited for. What do they get out of it? >: Nothing but unhappy faces. :(

Don't let those hackers get you down again IA. Be brave and fight more your own works. :D

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#28 Post by Blackthorne519 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:14 am

It's just a matter of restoring the SQL database, which unfortunately will cost some money.  I plan to keep better backups in the future.  You live, you learn.

Bt

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#29 Post by Angelus3K » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:06 am

In other words you guys don't have a backup so you have to pay the host to use one of their backups.

Thats cool, at least they offer that service so you can get everything back to normal!

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#30 Post by Klytos » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:42 am

Angelus3K wrote:In other words you guys don't have a backup so you have to pay the host to use one of their backups.

Thats cool, at least they offer that service so you can get everything back to normal!
Not quite dude, we do backup the forums, the problem is there was a LOT of information on the forums that wasn't backed up (ie Beta Test reports) that we couldn't lose, plus a vast amount of files were loaded to the forums in the two days before it was hacked that also are lost. As BT said, you live you learn. I usually take copies of everything file wise for backup on my computer, but I was on holidays, visiting BT in the US. (And checking out the glorious chicks like Holly at Hooters.)

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#31 Post by Angelus3K » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:20 pm

Hey welcome back to the forums Klytos!

Hopefully the IA forums will be up and running again soon!

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#32 Post by Blackthorne519 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:51 am

Heh - yeah, it was a weird circumstance.  Klytos was actually at my house when we discovered it all happened.  

We drowned our sorrows in some soda and chicken wings at Hooters.  The soda was to help the hangover.

Holly was mighty imprssed with their accents.  She asked them to smuggle a Kangaroo to the US for her.

And, again, I weep for most of the female population of my country.

Bt

Boogeyman
Knight Status

#33 Post by Boogeyman » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:15 pm

Fribbi wrote:I remember when SIS group attacked me when I was working on Leisure suit Larry 3 VGA.  >:

I think those hackers are some kind of group who hates Sierra game's fans who are trying to recreate  Sierra games. I wonder if AGDI have had this same problem with hackers too. What is wrong with those people? Why is it so much joy for them to destroy those works wich has be so painfully awaited for. What do they get out of it? >: Nothing but unhappy faces. :(

Don't let those hackers get you down again IA. Be brave and fight more your own works. :D
AGDI got hacked once.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#34 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:33 am

hurry and get that board up please! Any date speculations?

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#35 Post by MusicallyInspired » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:40 am

Yeah, April 1st. :p They probably took it offline as an April fool's joke and are going to put it back up on April 1st.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#36 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:53 am

well considering a vast amount of their fanbase has no idea what happened it would be kind of a weird joke. That's like saying a week or two before April Fools, HAHA I DEPRIVED YOU OF COMMUNICATION!

MusicallyInspired

#37 Post by MusicallyInspired » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:39 am

Hey...it was just a joke :).

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#38 Post by Blackthorne519 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:26 am

Heh.  I know MI was joking, but I assure you - this isn't some stunt or April Fools joke.  It's pissing me off, actually.  I'm just trying to scrape together enough money to restore the database.  Others have put forth a large amount of money, but I'm a little short of money until the end of this week.  I've been shooting a short film, and unfortunately a lot of my money went into supplies for that.  I have too many expensive hobbies.

We should be good by weeks end at the latest.  

Bt

MusicallyInspired

#39 Post by MusicallyInspired » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:10 am

Ah that sucks, Steve. If I had any shred of money to my name I'd donate some myself. :(

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#40 Post by Klytos » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:27 am

Let me assure you it's definetly not an April Fools joke. I think they've been and gone for the time being, everyone just expects it now. Unfortunatly this occoured just after we all forked a crapload of money out for the server and domain registration a month or so ago, so it's painful to be spending the money yet again.

Hmmm, two posts in a week at AGDI. I must be bored.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#41 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:55 pm

I wish I could donate but I currently don't work.  :cry Damn you end of season and broken collar bone.

Steffi Evenstar
Defense Minister Status

#42 Post by Steffi Evenstar » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:10 am

i'm definetly suffering from IA withdrawel ... i have so many vulgar things i want to say, and no where to say them!

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#43 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:03 am

I think I have a bit of the same steff, at first I just missed the topics there but now there is all the people as well. Alas their is nothing we can do for it.

Edit: Steffi you really have to update your profile here lol

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#44 Post by Kurdt » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:59 pm

You think y'all got it bad? I became a regular at a SPACE QUEST forum and posted in my Livejournal for the first time in a year just trying to find something to fill the void!!! Get on it, guys. Isn't it only, like, 25 bucks now? I have that in my back pocket. Let's go!!!

Anyways, thanks for worrying about us, everybody. It really shows us you care, 'n' stuff. Just wait 'til you see what happens when we release the monster that is KQ3VGA on your bad selves!
MusicallyInspired wrote:Yeah, April 1st. :p They probably took it offline as an April fool's joke and are going to put it back up on April 1st.
Heh, it's funny you should say that. About a week before the forum got hacked, we had a long argument that finally concluded in us deciding that we didn't want to do an April Fool's Joke this year because we believed they were overdone and hackneyed at this point. And truthfully, why put the energy into an April Fool's Joke when we can put it into releasing KQ3VGA in a month or two?

Vroomfondel
Knight Status

#45 Post by Vroomfondel » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:39 am

I became a regular at a SPACE QUEST forum
Why the extra emphasis? It's not like it's something incredibly hard.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#46 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:00 am

it's hard to conceive considering Space Quests forums are notorious for being the homes of several (yet not completly) ass hats and immature posters. Thankfully I've never graced them with my own notorious presense  ;). Atleast that's my understanding as to the emphasis.

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#47 Post by Kurdt » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:04 am

Vroomfondel wrote:Why the extra emphasis? It's not like it's something incredibly hard.
It was a joke, insinuating that Space Quest forums were lesser forums. Thus, wit and humor is created.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#48 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:45 pm

I tried to Join No Mutants Aloud which is a Fallout forum but thye didn't support hotmail. It seems like a good community that is highly active though.

P.S. I finally got that url to work. Thanks Nuke.

Broomie
The Enigma

#49 Post by Broomie » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:30 pm

Quest For Glory Fan wrote:I tried to Join No Mutants Aloud which is a Fallout forum but thye didn't support hotmail. It seems like a good community that is highly active though.

P.S. I finally got that url to work. Thanks Nuke.
You're not getting out IA that easiy, bucko! IA forums will be back hopefully this weekend.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#50 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:24 pm

I wasn't going to stop going to IA at all. Infact I made a post at Eternal Anubisyesterday. my thied Forum not including *shudder* Gamefaqs.... 12 year old galore that place is.