KQ Games

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

bambamishere
Peasant Status

KQ Games

#1 Post by bambamishere » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:03 am

Any body know whwere you can get KQ 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 for free. Not to say I'm cheep or anything but hay save me money so be it.

Next I downloaded the latest version of dosbox today but have know idea what to do next I got all the Space Quest, Liesure suite Larry, and Quest for Glory games for free today with a little searching around the internet but all of them are zip files and I really don't know what to do I tryed to install them but my computer keeps says that the Sound card and video card doesn't work with them.

And if your wondering what type of computer it's a Compaq Presario Pantium 700 and it has W98.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#2 Post by Erpy » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:55 am

Sorry, we don't encourage piracy here, so there's little help we can give you.

bambamishere
Peasant Status

Sorry should have said freeware

#3 Post by bambamishere » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:55 am

So sorry I keep forgetting to put the word freeware in my sentices. Anywho some one on another site said you could get all the KQ sieres on freeware and that was the full games. I won't copy to much if I can't find it freeware. The other games I found them as freeware I still have to see if they are the demos or if they are the full games.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#4 Post by MusicallyInspired » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:18 am

The quest series are not freeware, I'm afraid. They're protected by the ESA and it is therefore illegal to acquire any of Sierra's games other than a legal way.

Besides, they're re-releasing all those games anyway in december so it's even more illegal.

Shade
Peasant Status

Re: KQ Games

#5 Post by Shade » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:21 am

bambamishere wrote:Not to say I'm cheep or anything but hay save me money so be it.
In what sense is this not being cheap?

You wanna save money?  Call Geico.

bambamishere
Peasant Status

#6 Post by bambamishere » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:37 am

K then I got the answer to that question about the KQ games now that that is done. On to the dos box anyone no anything about this probram and how to use it.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#7 Post by Angelus3K » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:26 am

It would be alot easier to help with your Dosbox problem if you owned the original CD's.

Shade
Peasant Status

#8 Post by Shade » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:47 am

bambamishere wrote:K then I got the answer to that question about the KQ games now that that is done. On to the dos box anyone no anything about this probram and how to use it.
I got some help on dosbox in this thread: http://www.agdiforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10768

and within tha thread is a link to a more complete dosbox explanation here:

http://www.agdiforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10672

edited to add:

Thi ssite is also very helpful (it's for leisure suit larry games but will apply to the KQ series I think)

http://www.allowe.com/Larry/troubleshoo ... #WindowsXP

bambamishere
Peasant Status

#9 Post by bambamishere » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:08 pm

Thks Shade that will be helpfull.

I was just thinking to myself which usually hurts. Wheres is a good place to by the KQ collection. I used to see it on store shelves but haven't in about a year. Sierra will probably want a small fortune for them any place else that my sell them for a little cheaper. That way it's not piracy and I don't get CALLED CHEAP.  I no I no I was the first one to call me cheap. I checked ebay all ready and no one wants to send to Canada or they want $20.00 to $30.00 to send to here. I was also looking for all of the Monkey Island Games.

I used to have all these game actually every single one but weel things happen ex wife and now I don't have them any more.

Anyways just wondering where I can find them either on 3.5 inch floppy or cd.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#10 Post by navynuke04 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:34 pm