Translation Aid

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Vikram
Peasant Status

Translation Aid

#1 Post by Vikram » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:32 am

Hi.

I would like to do the Norwegian translation part for you. What do I have to do to prove that I´m worthy? 8o

Vikram

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#2 Post by Angelus3K » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:20 am

KQ2VGA does not support translations. KQ1VGA does support translation, however you will have to wait for someone from the development team to answer whether or not they are still accepting translation offers for KQ1VGA.

Vikram
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Vikram » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:24 am

Alright. Thanks mate. Do you know why KQ2VGA or the other Tierra games don´t support translations? I remember sitting until wee hours with KQ1 and 2 as a child. Luckily, I had spent some time in California so I was rather good in English at an early age... But, I do wish for the young cumputer people out there to experience the same magic as we did when we played the Sierra games. I sure hope they include translations in time, and that they can count on me as their Norwegian translator. ;)

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#4 Post by Angelus3K » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:27 pm

Basically there are a number of timed sequences in KQ2VGA which would need to be resequenced for every translation and there's also the fact that the development team don't have the time or resources to verify every translation for spelling, grammer and authenticity etc

Your offer is appreciated though.